Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Have we given up already...

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Without looking it up do you know which two countries played in the first international cricket match in 1844?

USA and Canada. But I fail to see what that has to do with our shower of simpletons in Wellington?

Need to drop Morgan, switch Ballance to no.5, and play Hales at no.3. Possibly Jordan for Finn, but that's county bias showing through. Captaincy to either Root or Broad (heart says Root, head says Broad).

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
USA and Canada. But I fail to see what that has to do with our shower of simpletons in Wellington?

Need to drop Morgan, switch Ballance to no.5, and play Hales at no.3. Possibly Jordan for Finn, but that's county bias showing through. Captaincy to either Root or Broad (heart says Root, head says Broad).

Honestly think you're shuffling deck chairs there - I'm not sure Moores has a clue, they are so obviously lacking direction and tactics.

I saw Andrew Strauss as a key note speaker last week and chatted to him afterwards, he didn't have much positive to say about the Moores era, gushing about Flower and his meticulous preparations. It was very clear that Moores is old school and Flower much more progressive, does that tell us why our already fairly poor ODI form has been slammed in to reverse?

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
The best players are already in the squad. It's just that they are nowhere near good enough against the best ODI teams in the world.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
My view is that 50 overs cricket has moved on and is now an extended 20/20 game. England have yet to realise this. Not that it will help them much.

There is a DSTV advert here for the CWC called Get Fired Up with all the nations getting really excited and then they cut to 2 Poms sitting in a cab - one says "we will be hopeless" and the other agrees. Quite funny and spot on!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
England clearly lack the positive attitude to do well in this form of cricket. We played scared or we play stupid pretty much all the time. No sense of tactics or confidence. It's not that the players are rubbish I think we have some decent players, but we only seem set up for test matches and not the short form. Despite Southee's heroics the batsmen let themselves down badly and as for poor old Joe Root who had to stand and watch the incompetence at the non-striking end I feel nothing but sympathy. Scotland will fancy their chances on sunday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here