Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Poisonous Palace right now

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Benteke is out for at least another 4-5 weeks, shame, I wanted Duffy to absolutely own him.

The other day I wondered just how keen would I be to get back into that team, if I were one of their injured 'stars'. I appear to have my answer.
ATM playing for palace will cost Benteke more money, going forward, than he'll earn in bonuses.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Benteke is out for at least another 4-5 weeks, shame, I wanted Duffy to absolutely own him.

Yeah but on the other hand:

Duffy goes through Winifred like he did Rooney.
Winifred does his platoon impersonation.
Ref waves play on.
Winifred bangs a fist into the turf, stands up and trips over his titty lip.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The ground part of that is correct I am disappointed that not much has happened even though I am not sure there is much palace can do about that TBH.

Yes we will lose player, can't say that apart from Wilf that bothers me one little bit.

I'd much rather have 16 / 17 k fans in the ground than 25,0000 with 7000 tourists/ winging prem fans.

I feel that teams like palace just can't afford to risk young players so let the academy side slip, hopefully in the championship we can see more of are own youngsters come through.

The first two seasons were great but the last 2 just a chore and this one a nightmare. I mean what and where can you go? Aspire to be west brom or stoke mid table no bodies or maybe scrap a Europa spot and play teams you've never heard of a Thursday night and league games on Sunday!

I have lost my mojo for pro football and I blame the premier league for that, I want my team back whether that's in the championship or even further down, I know you lot find it strange but there it is.

My mate I go with and I have both said we will only renew if we go down we just are not enjoying are football.

And that's the massive problem with the Premier League as it now is. There is now a limit to what teams can achieve (despite what Leicester achieved). Teams like our respective teams have a narrow window to aim at, and that takes away much of the magic of the game.

That said, you undoubtedly have many great memories from your years up here so far, and from a personal perspective winning at the Olympic Stadium v West Ham was special.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
And that's the massive problem with the Premier League as it now is. There is now a limit to what teams can achieve (despite what Leicester achieved). Teams like our respective teams have a narrow window to aim at, and that takes away much of the magic of the game.

That said, you undoubtedly have many great memories from your years up here so far, and from a personal perspective winning at the Olympic Stadium v West Ham was special.

The chasm is finances between the top two divisions, has fuelled the club, owner and fans clamour for PL status. We're now talking about nnual club income of £130m in the PL, versus £20m to £25m in the Championship for clubs the size of CP or the Albion. 5 or 6 times more.

Leading to a very unrelaxed time for owners/directors and fans:

PL clubs desparate not to relegated.

Championship clubs needing huge annual cash boosts from the likes of Bloom, Chansiri, Hoyle (Hudd), Morris (Derby), to not be swept aside at the base of the Championship.

I'm sure it used to be less febrile. Events took their natural course.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
The ground part of that is correct I am disappointed that not much has happened even though I am not sure there is much palace can do about that TBH.

Yes we will lose player, can't say that apart from Wilf that bothers me one little bit.

I'd much rather have 16 / 17 k fans in the ground than 25,0000 with 7000 tourists/ winging prem fans.

I feel that teams like palace just can't afford to risk young players so let the academy side slip, hopefully in the championship we can see more of are own youngsters come through.

The first two seasons were great but the last 2 just a chore and this one a nightmare. I mean what and where can you go? Aspire to be west brom or stoke mid table no bodies or maybe scrap a Europa spot and play teams you've never heard of a Thursday night and league games on Sunday!

I have lost my mojo for pro football and I blame the premier league for that, I want my team back whether that's in the championship or even further down, I know you lot find it strange but there it is.

My mate I go with and I have both said we will only renew if we go down we just are not enjoying are football.

What complete twaddle. Unlike clubs with a shared sense of purpose and identity, the Croydon Circus unexpectedly found themselves in the Premier League and considered their options:
- club risen Phoenix like from the cusp of oblivion? Oh bugger, that won't work, we played the Admin joker twice to avoid the full consequences of our past
- honest little club recovering from rapacious owners and riding a wave of sympathy? Oh bugger, see previous, we shafted our creditors, including small local businesses, not once but twice
- proud bearers of a deep-rooted traditions and identity? Oh bugger, see club name, we've only been in existence for 2 years
- focal point for a population of 1m footy fans? Oh bugger, we've been using Groupon and still have 10,000 empty seats half the time
- Ah, got it, a club for the football pursuit? Oh bugger, Holloway is the manager
- What about the club against modern football? Oh bugger, we sold our sordid souls to get a seat back at the top table

Well that's us buggered. But there's this Spurs fan who reckons he can pull off the last one if we let him be our leader. Deal!

Fast forward through a few years of not investing in academy, ground or team; taking 30 pieces of silver from the Sceptics and a dismal run of performances ... opportunity squandered on an apocalyptic scale. What now?

Ah, I got it ... we never wanted to be here in the first place. I despise 40% of the crowd. I loathe nearly all the players (except the one who left, failed and returned when no one else wanted him). I always wanted to be in lower divisions.

Do **** off you odious little weasel

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
What complete twaddle. Unlike clubs with a shared sense of purpose and identity, the Croydon Circus unexpectedly found themselves in the Premier League and considered their options:
- club risen Phoenix like from the cusp of oblivion? Oh bugger, that won't work, we played the Admin joker twice to avoid the full consequences of our past
- honest little club recovering from rapacious owners and riding a wave of sympathy? Oh bugger, see previous, we shafted our creditors, including small local businesses, not once but twice
- proud bearers of a deep-rooted traditions and identity? Oh bugger, see club name, we've only been in existence for 2 years
- focal point for a population of 1m footy fans? Oh bugger, we've been using Groupon and still have 10,000 empty seats half the time
- Ah, got it, a club for the football pursuit? Oh bugger, Holloway is the manager
- What about the club against modern football? Oh bugger, we sold our sordid souls to get a seat back at the top table

Well that's us buggered. But there's this Spurs fan who reckons he can pull off the last one if we let him be our leader. Deal!

Fast forward through a few years of not investing in academy, ground or team; taking 30 pieces of silver from the Sceptics and a dismal run of performances ... opportunity squandered on an apocalyptic scale. What now?

Ah, I got it ... we never wanted to be here in the first place. I despise 40% of the crowd. I loathe nearly all the players (except the one who left, failed and returned when no one else wanted him). I always wanted to be in lower divisions.

That.

Amen brother

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008

You are top of the League.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

As much as I wish all manner of bad fortune on Crystal Palace, what you have said will resonate with many of us regarding the premier league and its extremes.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Yeah but on the other hand:

Duffy goes through Great Aunt Winifred like Rooney did.
Great Aunt Winifred does her platoon impersonation.
Ref waves play on.
Great Aunt Winifred bangs a fist into the turf, stands up and trips over her titty lip.

Corrected for you :shrug:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
DD42FC72-4867-4D80-944A-DA97C8172609.jpeg

Better late than never .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here