Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CLACKERS on Monday?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I shall be going old skool and throwing ripped up Argus confetti and possibly a bog roll or two.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I would be very disappointed if Barber had failed to learn the "clacker lesson". As above, what the players want, the players must get.

Hopefully our stewards won't be confiscating balloons as the numpty Charlton stewards were trying to do on Saturday!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I shall be clearing out the dorking party shop of all the blue and white streamers they have. I think luzzables rather than waveables are the future.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I'm surprised there hasn't been a #together social media thing.

Or has there and I've missed it.

I usually hate that ring of fire stuff before the game, but this time I'm bringing a scarf and will be whirling it around in the air like an epileptic helicopter.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I asked Paul barber ages ago and they players don't want anything to be different in the run in as it could disrupt them

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

This every day of every ******* week of every month of every year ... don't change a thing*

*This includes lucky pants!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Can't imagine we'll ever see clackers again after last time, for much the same reason that no football manager (especially England managers) would ever dare be seen with an umbrella while on the touchline, however hard it may be raining.

:lol:
What WAS he thinking. I can't think of a single time I have seen an umbrella anywhere near a bench.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think people expecting the club to do much for this are barking up the wrong tree. The club is focused on things on the pitch, the players are sticking to a regular routine which has worked so well for them so far, and to suddenly launch into some sort of (staged) festive atmosphere risks that. Spontaneous- to a point- displays are always better.

For this match, it's down to us as supporters to get the Amex atmosphere going, and to give the players the best backing they could possibly have. The streamers and so on have looked great in recent games, plus it's mildly entertaining as a WSU dweller to see how far you can luzz them over the 1901s and even into the WSL. Get your streamers in, shred some newspapers for confetti (sorry, Albion cleaners), blow up your balloons, and get to work.

Re toilet rolls: I feel the need to point out that I was specifically asked by a steward as I went into the West Stand for the Burnley match if I was in possession of these, so clearly they're on the Naughty List. If you're planning to get a 9 pack of Andrex in, you'd better have a decent plan to conceal them :)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
As pointed out elsewhere - if anyone's *ahem* kids are collecting the Euro 2016 Panini stickers - the peeled off sticker backs would make most EXCELLENT confetti.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I asked Paul barber ages ago and they players don't want anything to be different in the run in as it could disrupt them

Shame he didn't ask Gus and the players the same thing before a certain game three years ago (Oooo - controversial!)

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Re toilet rolls: I feel the need to point out that I was specifically asked by a steward as I went into the West Stand for the Burnley match if I was in possession of these, so clearly they're on the Naughty List. If you're planning to get a 9 pack of Andrex in, you'd better have a decent plan to conceal them :)

Simply claim it is fancy dress.

03e9a1772648f4923c5ae95aa958cb0d.jpg

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here