Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Singers who's voices you quite frankly hate, or are, in your opinion, really BAD

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Its got to be Rod Stewart. Also the Bee gees, did they sit there one evening, get a kick in the proverbial and start singing and thought is sounded good!

Can't stand them either, I just don't call going " Wha wa wah wha wha wha wha wha wha wa whaaa, wha wha wha whaa wha whawha wa wa." singing.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Come of it, Beyonce honestly....

Indeed, honestly, and shortly after I typed that her song about putting rings on "it" came on R2, and clarified my point to me completely.

Anyone who has to digitally-enhance their voices , well that's most of the modern day singers then and even though I would give her one I would include Kylie Minogue in that class !

Yup, Kylie, not only digitally enhanced, but nasally and mostly note free, chuck into that pretty much any "girl" "band" of the past 10 or 15 years or so. The thing is the "enhancements" don;t work, they just take out anything resembling a scale (in tune or not) in the performers act and, with a bit of Simon Cowells dust, we are fed it as being wonderful.

el punal

Never rated Van Morrison, not facing his audience, no encores, WTF is that about!
Admittedly his voice is like a rusty cheese grater and his personality is as appealing as a Palace dressing room turd, but boy can he write great songs. Some of his earlier stuff is out of this world - and I'm quite partial to his Belfast accent, when you can decipher his words.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I hate all those 'Mockney singers' - Kate Nash, early Lily Allen, Lady Sovereign.

Jimmy Somerville can also do one.

Jimmy Somerville didn't ever really make much of an impression on my music tastes over the years. Probably remember Bronski Beat best because one of their videos was one of the ones before Ghostbusters at the cinema.

Saw this recently though and thought it was pretty good

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Indeed, honestly, and shortly after I typed that her song about putting rings on "it" came on R2, and clarified my point to me completely.

Yup, Kylie, not only digitally enhanced, but nasally and mostly note free, chuck into that pretty much any "girl" "band" of the past 10 or 15 years or so. The thing is the "enhancements" don;t work, they just take out anything resembling a scale (in tune or not) in the performers act and, with a bit of Simon Cowells dust, we are fed it as being wonderful.
Oh yeah. Forgot about her. A very ordinary voice at best and a very gullible/tone deaf fan base.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Jimmy Somerville didn't ever really make much of an impression on my music tastes over the years. Probably remember Bronski Beat best because one of their videos was one of the ones before Ghostbusters at the cinema.

Saw this recently though and thought it was pretty good

Was never a fan, but that was very good. You need to start a new thread 'Singers I never liked but this is an impressive live performance'

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Was never a fan, but that was very good. You need to start a new thread 'Singers I never liked but this is an impressive live performance'

:lol: Yep, quite a niche thread though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here