Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Garth Crooks/Team of the Week

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
As an ex-WBA player, there may have been a hint of sour grapes too.

Wonder what he'll say if we get something from Stoke or Spurs?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
garth-crooks.jpg

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
bring back a real pundit. Loved it when Rodney Marsh said he'd have his head shaved on the centre spot at Bradford if they stayed up. True to his word , he did !

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Chris should have a poster made of that and hang it in the dressing room. Team talk done.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why do people get upset when somebody like Crooks speaks the truth as it is and in this case he is spot on 100% correct in his views on our hopes and future in the Premier League.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Isn't he just saying what multiple posters on here have been saying for the last few weeks. or indeed throughout the summer.
And will no doubt be saying again next time we lose a few again on the spin. Which of course we will at some point.

EDIT - eg: The post above !!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Strange to see Garth get slated for what he said.

Most fans realise the team needs to land a striker - Garth is saying exactly that and that the Board need to make sure that they don't fail strengthen I January.

He is not anti Brighton. He is very Pro Brighton and CHs best mate and I guarantee you that over the course of the season you will see him down at the Amex or at other grounds cheering for Brighton to succeed

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Strange to see Garth get slated for what he said.

Most fans realise the team needs to land a striker - Garth is saying exactly that and that the Board need to make sure that they don't fail strengthen I January.

He is not anti Brighton. He is very Pro Brighton and CHs best mate and I guarantee you that over the course of the season you will see him down at the Amex or at other grounds cheering for Brighton to succeed

This. I bumped into him in the West for the QPR game last season and chatted to him briefly. He's actually a decent bloke, and clearly has a lot of time for this club. I think he's wrong here though, we'll be fine.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
He is a waffling cartoon character who just loves the sound of his own voice, he really belongs on Talksport, used to be mildly amusing but is now a one trick pony with very little in the locker.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Huddersfield win their first PL game and the pundits are absolutely raving about them.

We win our first PL game and still get slagged off.

Also, under each selection in Garth's team of the week, he analyses that particular player and not use it as an opportunity to slag the team off.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
**** sake it's precious o'clock on NSC again who actually cares what Garth crooks has to say about us, positive or negative? Can't believe some people will wet the bed so easily.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
He's trying to do his old mate Chris a favour I reckon, manage expectation levels and get some more money out of Tony.

Viewing his punditry, however, is akin to having narcolepsy.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Isn't he just saying what multiple posters on here have been saying for the last few weeks. or indeed throughout the summer.
And will no doubt be saying again next time we lose a few again on the spin. Which of course we will at some point.

EDIT - eg: The post above !!

What he said is most obvious that even TB. PB. and CH know this even if you cannot accept it. I think that we will need 2 or 3 players in January unless there are rapid improvements. It will be interesting to see how the new right back pans out as that position is an obvious worry with Brunos age and fitness.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
What he said is most obvious that even TB. PB. and CH know this even if you cannot accept it. I think that we will need 2 or 3 players in January unless there are rapid improvements. It will be interesting to see how the new right back pans out as that position is an obvious worry with Brunos age and fitness.

I do accept it BG. The squad needed that extra striker although CH will do what he does to get the best out of the remaining squad/players.
And i'm sure that TB will be active in January. Despite once saying he doesn't like to do business in Jan - our best signings/loans normally come in that window (Ulloa, Upson, Sidwell, Stephens, Kayal, Murray, Knockaert)

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I've got no problem with his overall point - we will struggle this season.

However to say, "the reality is he is in the same league whether he likes it or not and he had better tell his owners the truth" is a bit rude. I think Hughton and the board are on the same page and know exactly what our situation is.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do accept it BG. The squad needed that extra striker although CH will do what he does to get the best out of the remaining squad/players.
And i'm sure that TB will be active in January. Despite once saying he doesn't like to do business in Jan - our best signings/loans normally come in that window (Ulloa, Upson, Sidwell, Stephens, Kayal, Murray, Knockaert)

We still need that elusive striker and as I mentioned a lot will be expected of the new right back due to Brunos age and fitness and L R being an adequate cover but not good enough as regular.1st choice,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here