Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our 16 year old student mugged by Portslade station last night 9pm

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We have a 16 year old foreign student staying with us, who was near his friends house, on Boundary road last night when he was mugged by a few young men.

He's fine. Afterwards he asked a passer by to call the police, who refused, and then he went in to the Arabic food shop (corner of Portland rd) and asked them to call the police, and they told him to **** off. Nice.

He eventually got hold of the police by flagging down a passing police car. He gave them all the details, but they haven't given him a report number, presumably they should have. I've like to call them and check they've got a record of the crime etc.

Is it not a duty of citizens here to call the police when someone asks?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Really shocking nobody offered to help

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Disgraceful.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Legally, my guess would be probably not, but morally the duty is crystal clear. The scumbags who refused to help really need to have a good look at themselves. Hope your visitor is OK, and enjoys the rest of their time here.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Legally, my guess would be probably not, but morally the duty is crystal clear. The scumbags who refused to help really need to have a good look at themselves. Hope your visitor is OK, and enjoys the rest of their time here.

agreed. Those muggers have little else in their crappy lives and who knows, the drugs they buy with their ill gotten gains might finish them off.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
agreed. Those muggers have little else in their crappy lives and who knows, the drugs they buy with their ill gotten gains might finish them off.
Without going too off point, this is precisely why drugs should be made legal and sold by pharmacies. It would stop users committing crime to feed their habit and would also stop crime perpetrated by dealers.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
We have a 16 year old foreign student staying with us, who was near his friends house, on Boundary road last night when he was mugged by a few young men.

He's fine. Afterwards he asked a passer by to call the police, who refused, and then he went in to the Arabic food shop (corner of Portland rd) and asked them to call the police, and they told him to **** off. Nice.

He eventually got hold of the police by flagging down a passing police car. He gave them all the details, but they haven't given him a report number, presumably they should have. I've like to call them and check they've got a record of the crime etc.

They should have a crime reference number if they did things by the book which they should have. There's also some cctv cameras at Portslade station which sometimes look down boundary road. The last cctv footage of Janet Muller the german student who absconded from Mill View who was then abducted by her boyfriend and set on fire in Crawley was filmed at Portslade Station and down Boundary Road. Whereabouts in Boundary did it happen? You need to ask permission to check it or have it checked before its wiped. Even if the mugging isn't on cctv the perpetrators might be. I have personal experience of trying to help a girl who was being stalked get hold of cctv footage from that location. The police were useless and were really unhelpful. I'd already told the girl to bypass the police and contact the cctv operators directly but with her delaying and waiting for the police to do something, by the time she contacted the company directly the tapes had been wiped. The phone number is written under the camera which is privately run. The other tall one might be council run. There's a few round there some owned by the railway some by the council. There's also one in the subway. Look at the link of the Janet Muller report and it shows you where some of the cctv footage covers
http://www.brightonandhovenews.org/...t-mullers-last-moments-in-portslade-released/

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Not surprised by the Food store you mentioned,struggle to drag a please or thank you out those arrogant shithouses whenever I go in there.
Hope your student is ok and hasn't been left with a bad memory of his stay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
They should have a crime reference number if they did things by the book which they should have. There's also some cctv cameras at Portslade station which sometimes look down boundary road. The last cctv footage of Janet Muller the german student who absconded from Mill View who was then abducted by her boyfriend and set on fire in Crawley was filmed at Portslade Station and down Boundary Road. Whereabouts in Boundary did it happen? You need to ask permission to check it or have it checked before its wiped. Even if the mugging isn't on cctv the perpetrators might be. I have personal experience of trying to help a girl who was being stalked get hold of cctv footage from that location. The police were useless and were really unhelpful. I'd already told the girl to bypass the police and contact the cctv operators directly but with her delaying and waiting for the police to do something, by the time she contacted the company directly the tapes had been wiped. The phone number is written under the camera which is privately run. The other tall one might be council run. There's a few round there some owned by the railway some by the council. There's also one in the subway. Look at the link of the Janet Muller report and it shows you where some of the cctv footage covers
http://www.brightonandhovenews.org/...t-mullers-last-moments-in-portslade-released/

I'd get on to this [MENTION=4019]Triggaaar[/MENTION]

Two words coming from this thread 'shameful behaviour'. For that is what it was.

I hate to hear of muggings but it seems worse when someone is a guest in this country- especially when no-one wants to know.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Stronger together? Nah people are w***ers unfortunately! Hope the kids ok

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Bloody awful, what a great shame on those who did this.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here