Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Notifications from BHAFC women’s team on twitter

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Considering we have employed one of the best womens football coaches around i think we will be applying to join this if we don't actually gain promotion this season , like it or not womens football is on the up and if they wear the blue and white stripes of Brighton & Hove Albion i will follow their progress with interest as i do all of our teams .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41406980

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Considering we have employed one of the best womens football coaches around i think we will be applying to join this if we don't actually gain promotion this season , like it or not womens football is on the up and if they wear the blue and white stripes of Brighton & Hove Albion i will follow their progress with interest as i do all of our teams .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41406980

Whilst I like the fact that the FA are looking to improve the appeal of the Womens game, all this messing around with the leagues isn't helping. Nor is allowing teams to essentially buy their way into the top flight though I understand why they have done so (because only some clubs can afford to have an academy and pay for a full-time professional team). Once they've settled on a structure, the one thing they absolutely have to maintain is proper relegation/promotion between all the leagues, but I'm yet to be convinced they will...

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
You are now NSC's honorary champion of the women's team. :)

Er, great, thanks.

Desperately trying to not make some kind of sexist joke or innuendo....

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't mind lassies having a bash at it, all women should be treated as if they were equal

???

brentDM2504_228x283.jpg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
On the note of BHA ladies - What a player Sophie Perry is - seriously stands out every time I've seen them...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
On the note of BHA ladies - What a player Sophie Perry is - seriously stands out every time I've seen them...

Indeed. Player of the match each time I've seen them. I'm surprised she's not been snapped up by a bigger team

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I really don't see the harm in the women's team having a Twitter account of their own. They'd be able to post a lot more content specific to the team and women's football in general, aimed at an audience of followers genuinely interested in them. I'd also agree with some of the points made about the confusion when a post goes out saying 'Albion sign Brazil international', only to then find out it's actually for the women's team and not the men's.

Perhaps I'm in a minority, but the only 'team' associated with the club that I actually have any interest in is the men's. I've been to watch the women play numerous times, but I just cannot get into it. As a spectacle it is not a patch on a men's game. It's slower, less skillful, less physical and there's no atmosphere - so pretty much lacking in the things that makes going to watch football enjoyable.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I really don't see the harm in the women's team having a Twitter account of their own. They'd be able to post a lot more content specific to the team and women's football in general, aimed at an audience of followers genuinely interested in them. I'd also agree with some of the points made about the confusion when a post goes out saying 'Albion sign Brazil international', only to then find out it's actually for the women's team and not the men's.

Perhaps I'm in a minority, but the only 'team' associated with the club that I actually have any interest in is the men's. I've been to watch the women play numerous times, but I just cannot get into it. As a spectacle it is not a patch on a men's game. It's slower, less skillful, less physical and there's no atmosphere - so pretty much lacking in the things that makes going to watch football enjoyable.
Good post

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Massive game at arsenal and this crap is still coming through ffs

I need to work out how to block properly

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Massive game at arsenal and this crap is still coming through ffs

I need to work out how to block properly

I agree with you. Are the club being purposely dense? Or are they just trying to win some inclusive award or some crap?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
A seperate account is the best news of all. Good luck for the season to them.

Wow, that took a long time but I am glad the club listened. After the Women's World Cup, I have a lot more respect for them as footballers (yes I was ignorant) but I am still uninterested in BHA women. As you said, good luck to them, I wish them every success.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here