Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail STRIKE details

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Too difficult to traipse through this entire thread so can I ask what is the actual outcome as regards trains for getting home from Friday and Tuesdays games. I can get to both very easy it is the getting home that may present a problem especially Tuesday getting back to Goring.

There aren't any trains for either game. Falmer station is shut from 5pm for both games. So you won't get there or back for either.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Too difficult to traipse through this entire thread so can I ask what is the actual outcome as regards trains for getting home from Friday and Tuesdays games. I can get to both very easy it is the getting home that may present a problem especially Tuesday getting back to Goring.

You can stay round my house - ten minutes away - you can meet my wife :eek:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Too difficult to check the club's website as well where they have a full update ?

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/brighton-hove-albion-nottingham-forest-3233041.aspx

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Dear Train Union
I don't care if the union has a point they are hurting many Sussex families and it's costing Brighton football club hundreds of thousands of pounds and the club surport many charities and our fans spend loads of hard earned cash travelling on trains to away games and work. We all have to change working practices these days so please get back to work and around the table to sort this out.
Thank you

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
It's worthy of Kafka.

Prior to your reply i wasn't familiar with Kafka. Having just read the kafka wikipedia entry when describing his work the line below struck a chord.

"a sense of striving even in the face of bleakness".

The essence of commuting from the south coast to London at the moment.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I read that and all it mentions is the extra buses and parking it doesnt specifically state there will still be no trains. In fact I didnt see where the buses to the city centre go from, unless of course I have missed it.

Nope, doesn't mention trains at all..............

The latest update on the travel disruption.
Brighton & Hove Albion fans are advised that although industrial action has been suspended by Southern railway workers, the club has been advised that no train services will stop at Falmer station after 5pm on Friday.

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...-hove-albion-3239809.aspx#TjLMo4qzTHCWpPUy.99

Not much about the buses either.............

Brighton City Centre – Marine Parade
The club will be running shuttle buses from the bus stop on Marine Parade, just above the Harvester restaurant and opposite the Amsterdam Hotel.
Brighton & Hove Council have agreed to allow supporters to park on Madeira Drive, from the Dukes Mound junction towards Black Rock, free of charge after 5pm.
This service will commence for those parking and others from 5pm.
There is no requirement to pre-book this service as the buses will continue on a loops to and from the stadium.
The drop-off point at the stadium will be the same place you queue for your return trip after the match.
Please note the last return trip to the City Centre will leave at approximately 10.45pm.

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...ngham-forest-3233041.aspx#WS2C1s1x31I70l9K.99

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I read that and all it mentions is the extra buses and parking it doesnt specifically state there will still be no trains. In fact I didnt see where the buses to the city centre go from, unless of course I have missed it.

It says it very clearly.

Brighton City Centre – Marine Parade
The club will be running shuttle buses from the bus stop on Marine Parade, just above the Harvester restaurant and opposite the Amsterdam Hotel.
Brighton & Hove Council have agreed to allow supporters to park on Madeira Drive, from the Dukes Mound junction towards Black Rock, free of charge after 5pm.
This service will commence for those parking and others from 5pm.
There is no requirement to pre-book this service as the buses will continue on a loops to and from the stadium.
The drop-off point at the stadium will be the same place you queue for your return trip after the match.
Please note the last return trip to the City Centre will leave at approximately 10.45pm.

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...ngham-forest-3233041.aspx#2Fguouob3j5EGfyK.99

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
Being Bristol based I struggle to get to many home games, I am however in London for work on Friday and am thinking about heading to the Amex to catch the game. Any chance of making it on time if I leave London at 5ish on the train?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Being Bristol based I struggle to get to many home games, I am however in London for work on Friday and am thinking about heading to the Amex to catch the game. Any chance of making it on time if I leave London at 5ish on the train?

Should be OK if you can get away around 5.......may be best to go to Lewes (just over an hour from London Bridge or Victoria - may be quicker to change at Haywards Heath than wait for a direct train - check the national rail Journey planner online) and get the special shuttle bus from the station there rather than Brighton perhaps - all a bit of guesswork really though as we don't really know what it'll be like. Brighton more likely to be carnage though I'd think.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

For evening games I usually aim for the 1730 from Victoria which gets to Brighton around 18:40 and always get to the game on time. HOWEVER, that usually involves me getting the train from Brighton to Falmer so not sure how you will fare on Friday.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Dear Train Union
I don't care if the union has a point they are hurting many Sussex families and it's costing Brighton football club hundreds of thousands of pounds and the club surport many charities and our fans spend loads of hard earned cash travelling on trains to away games and work. We all have to change working practices these days so please get back to work and around the table to sort this out.
Thank you

The union is no longer striking, it's not their fault that Southern are unwilling to run trains to Falmer on safety grounds.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Maybe they did but they've been a bit coy about providing any proper evidence from it. I've dipped in and out of this thread so maybe there's been a comment that I've missed but I'm sure that RMT would be dragging up real cases where lack of a guard was a problem but I haven't seen anything.

there are a couple of incidents, about half a dozen iirc along with a couple of incidents with non-DOO in the past decade. the good news i took was that we have less than a dozen serious incidents over that time, showing how safe our rail is.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
For evening games I usually aim for the 1730 from Victoria which gets to Brighton around 18:40 and always get to the game on time. HOWEVER, that usually involves me getting the train from Brighton to Falmer so not sure how you will fare on Friday.

There's a bus shuttle from Lewes station to the Amex. Free parking at Lewes from 5pm.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Which is where on The Amex complex.

I can see thousands using their own way to get there but wandering around looking for the buses to get home.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nope, doesn't mention trains at all..............

That's because the club mentioned the trains yesterday.

Brighton & Hove Albion fans are advised that although industrial action has been suspended by Southern railway workers, the club has been advised that no train services will stop at Falmer station after 5pm on Friday.

Southern have also informed the club that Falmer station will close at 5pm on Tuesday 16th, again causing disruption to fans attending the home match with Rotherham United.

The club intends to provide similar contingency plans for this match, and will announce the details in due course.

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...-hove-albion-3239809.aspx#6Ys8LYwmPDD4HkRK.99

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Which is where on The Amex complex.

I can see thousands using their own way to get there but wandering around looking for the buses to get home.

You catch the bus back, from where it drops you off. You may have difficulty if you arrive by one method and leave by another.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here