Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shamefully, we showed a complete lack of class on Friday, and continue to do so....

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Sami is a decent guy, he's not doing very well at a job that is relatively new to him, but he's not deserving of humiliation, ridicule and nastiness...... it's absolutely time for a change but Friday night was a completely classless showing from our fans.

A lot of our fans either have very short memories or have spent the last 15 years watching MOTD and thinking that scribbling on bed sheets and shouting obscenities at someone after some bad results is what football fans do.....not our club!

We've fought far bigger battles and are a far better club all round than Friday showed.

Embarrassing.

Our fans have been very patient, and we all wanted him to succeed, and for a group of fans who've been through more shit than 90% ever will, I'm actually proud that we have collectively given all parties the maximum benefit of the doubt.

But the club and our league status is more important than anyone's feelings, hyypia included. If you sign a contract in football worth million + you know full well the rewards of success and the price of failure. You can't sign it, take the money, fail the club and fans and expect indefinate good will.

We the fans care about our clubs fortunes far more than those for whom Brighton is a job, win,lose or draw. And it's us that will still be here long after every current employee has moved on.

We have every right to voice our displeasure, we all care and it's because Brighton means a hell of a lot to so many fans, that they will eventually react when they see their club being mismanaged on or off the field.
hyypia signed the contract, nobody forced him to.

And Hyypia will still be a multi millionaire when he leaves and long after the justified fan displeasure subsides.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I've had a day of disbelief and embarrassment on this site - which yes i know i masochistically got strangely hooked to, maybe half-waiting for someone to come along to really clean up the brigade who if given the option would likely attack a nearby paediatrician with menacing glee. Endless conspiracies and hysterical season-ticket-burning flounces and sometimes abusive cries for justice and sackings and heads on sticks and non-pie-eating campaigns and the apocalypse. It's been cringeworthy and ludicrous, all because we hired the wrong manager who hasn't got the best out of a squad that isn't as good as last years. Jeez. Laughably depressing, if that isn't too oxymoronic to ever say.
I hope we put in a good performance and get a good result at Wolves to quieten down the interminably unsettled, whether that's with Hyypia or his likely replacement at the helm.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
The difference is, the moment I walk into a football stadium I don't turn into a complete tool or automatically gain an inflated sense of entitlement.

Neither do 99% of the rest of the crowd, they are a minority, grow a thicker skin and just ignore them. Despite that i do take exception to your suggestion that like sheep we should all just watch the game and support the team, thats rubbish mate! People support the club for decades and pour their hard earned cash into it year after year and they are fully entitled to have a shout and pop at whoecer they want on a matchday, thats part of the integral fabric of football and yes sometimes it gets a bit out of hand but not that often and i would surmise that maybe you were not around supporting the Albion in the 70s/80s as if you were I imagine you would have exploded in incandescent rage at the goings on then!!

Fatboy Quim

Jan 27, 2005
I've had a day of disbelief and embarrassment on this site - which yes i know i masochistically got strangely hooked to, maybe half-waiting for someone to come along to really clean up the brigade who if given the option would likely attack a nearby paediatrician with menacing glee. Endless conspiracies and hysterical season-ticket-burning flounces and sometimes abusive cries for justice and sackings and heads on sticks and non-pie-eating campaigns and the apocalypse. It's been cringeworthy and ludicrous, all because we hired the wrong manager who hasn't got the best out of a squad that isn't as good as last years. Jeez. Laughably depressing, if that isn't too oxymoronic to ever say.
I hope we put in a good performance and get a good result at Wolves to quieten down the interminably unsettled, whether that's with Hyypia or his likely replacement at the helm.

Absolutely,fantastically and perfectly put.

I think it was the song thread and rally calls for boycotts that boiled my turd the most this evening.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Great post

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Sami is a decent guy, he's not doing very well at a job that is relatively new to him, but he's not deserving of humiliation, ridicule and nastiness...... it's absolutely time for a change but Friday night was a completely classless showing from our fans.

A lot of our fans either have very short memories or have spent the last 15 years watching MOTD and thinking that scribbling on bed sheets and shouting obscenities at someone after some bad results is what football fans do.....not our club!

We've fought far bigger battles and are a far better club all round than Friday showed.

Embarrassing.

Welcome to the real world of football.
It's not a very nice place.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005

Well let's all sit on our a*ses and do nothing then.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004

Utter nonsense.

Football is about passion, it's about nothing else mattering for a day or two.

It's love, its hatred it's FOOTBALL ffs.

If you don't get it then fine, but don't complain about the fans that do.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008

Embarrassing.

You're an embarrassment. Careful getting off that high horse of yours.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Utter nonsense.

Football is about passion, it's about nothing else mattering for a day or two.

It's love, its hatred it's FOOTBALL ffs.

If you don't get it then fine, but don't complain about the fans that do.

This.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
It's not a case of it being upsetting, it's a case of some of our fans being anus twitchingly cringe-worthy.

Watching a middle aged man go purple in the face screaming at Hyypia that he's a c*** , and shouting out pathetic hashtag quotes like "bin the finn" is toe -curlingly horrible..... rivaled only, this season, by the pied piper of pre-pubescents (The Judge :lol:) shouting out at Watford away what he was going to shout and what all the rest of the crowd should follow.... We're getting a bit tin pot.

I would suggest that rather me needing to "man up" it's the children and obnoxious simpletons amongst our support that need to stop depositing their tampons all over the Amex terraces and get on with watching the football and supporting the team rather than soil their knickers over a few bad results.
339 posts in how long?

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
Our fans have been very patient, and we all wanted him to succeed, and for a group of fans who've been through more shit than 90% ever will, I'm actually proud that we have collectively given all parties the maximum benefit of the doubt.

But the club and our league status is more important than anyone's feelings, hyypia included. If you sign a contract in football worth million + you know full well the rewards of success and the price of failure. You can't sign it, take the money, fail the club and fans and expect indefinate good will.

We the fans care about our clubs fortunes far more than those for whom Brighton is a job, win,lose or draw. And it's us that will still be here long after every current employee has moved on.

We have every right to voice our displeasure, we all care and it's because Brighton means a hell of a lot to so many fans, that they will eventually react when they see their club being mismanaged on or off the field.
hyypia signed the contract, nobody forced him to.

And Hyypia will still be a multi millionaire when he leaves and long after the justified fan displeasure subsides.

Spot on. Great post.

shabba

Dec 22, 2004
Bookham
The problem is the fans are not wrong, if we continue with this form, we are going down and the facts are a genuinely talented manager would not have put us in this position, out, out, out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
It's not a case of it being upsetting, it's a case of some of our fans being anus twitchingly cringe-worthy.

Watching a middle aged man go purple in the face screaming at Hyypia that he's a c*** , and shouting out pathetic hashtag quotes like "bin the finn" is toe -curlingly horrible..... rivaled only, this season, by the pied piper of pre-pubescents (The Judge :lol:) shouting out at Watford away what he was going to shout and what all the rest of the crowd should follow.... We're getting a bit tin pot.

I would suggest that rather me needing to "man up" it's the children and obnoxious simpletons amongst our support that need to stop depositing their tampons all over the Amex terraces and get on with watching the football and supporting the team rather than soil their knickers over a few bad results.

Sorry mate , im afraid everyone is entitled to there opinion. If the people who pay prem prices for a season ticket want to boo or shout at the manager, who has won 1 game in 14, then i think there intitled to.
Sami can quite anytime he likes if he doesn't like it. No one should wait till we're relegated.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I guess the passion of football grips us all in different ways, some of us are more visceral and shouty and active with our emotions, the rest of you are all just a bunch of poofs................

On a serious note, its true, we all support the club in our own way and at times like these the passion overflows a bit and froths over the surface, its not necessarily a bad thing though and if it helps drive some change to the current setup then good.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Not a chance, I live for watching the Albion and have done for years, through thick and thin.

The difference is, the moment I walk into a football stadium I don't turn into a complete tool or automatically gain an inflated sense of entitlement.

If I'm not mistaken, you've posted about a confrontation with a 14 year old at the stadium this week..... if that doesn't hit home in a quiet moment as being a tad embarrassing I would suggest that football supporting is the wrong pass time for you.

My point is, a large percentage of football fans do turn into complete tools when they get into a stadium (hence the 14 year old boy), so it's a difficult sport to enjoy if that side of it bothers you so much.

Out of interest, do you think Hyppia should stay? And if he does, and we get to the point where you think that he has to go, what would you say would be an appropriate way to show the board your thoughts?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Embarrassing.
I actually enjoyed Friday night at last I heard some passion in the ground not just a bunch of happy clappers appluading the away attendance. We have won one game in almost half a season give or take what do expect? You say some fans have short memories Albion fans have done a lot worse over the years than Friday so I'm not sure what your banging on about.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

I could have put it better myself. Only joking, superb and frankly I'm jealous. Although the lack of 'alas', 'akin' and 'et al' I find somewhat gob smackering.

Yours,

The Chair of the Hammond Organ Glee Association - HOGA.

Kosh

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
What an interesting thread. I find myself agreeing with successive posts in spite of their polar positions. Yes! I completely agree that fans that bellow obscenities for long periods of the game are at best tiresome. But I also agree that Sami has to go and TB needs to know how strongly the (majority of) fans feel about it. I'm finding the fence quite a cosy place right now.

Fatboy Quim

Jan 27, 2005
My point is, a large percentage of football fans do turn into complete tools when they get into a stadium (hence the 14 year old boy), so it's a difficult sport to enjoy if that side of it bothers you so much.

Out of interest, do you think Hyppia should stay? And if he does, and we get to the point where you think that he has to go, what would you say would be an appropriate way to show the board your thoughts?

No, I think Hyypia should go. In fact I think he should have been out the door before the Milwall game, that would have avoided the scenario in which people couldn't wait for us to concede so that they could unfurl their banners and shout their hashtags. I struggle to take any positive out of the change in atmosphere in the ground 15 minutes (or whenever the goal was scored) into the game. The game was visibly over, the players lost confidence and stopped showing for the ball, any mistake was lambasted and the treatment of Hyypia when he was trying to get the ball back into play was pathetic.

No one could improve in that type of atmosphere, let alone a struggling rookie manager and a team playing without confidence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here