Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Story of Britain's Most Successful Gambler (Tony Bloom)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i remain convinced, more so when you consider the margins mentioned in the article, that a really successful gambler will be gambling in markets less uncertain than sports.

Stumpy Tim

I have always been a firm believer that someone with 200m+ in ready cash to use on a hobby must be worth at least one billion and probably more. Happy days.

Well yes, though if Bloom gets hit by a bus tomorrow we need to find £8m a year from somewhere. I'm glad Bloom is looking to make the Albion sustainable as otherwise we could end up being a Bolton

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Still people guessing as to his worth...he's a smart cookie

Has to be close to a billionaire at least in my opinon to throw 250million at the Albion.

I love the man, total legend for what he has done for OUR football club

Very interesting article

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Wow, what an eye opener. TB's real wealth will only be known by a handful that are close to him, but that article hints he could be a multi-BILLIONAIRE!

I suspect those writing the article don't have a clue. TB is a master at keeping his affairs private.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well that's all very well, but the palace goons tell us Tony is only worth £50 million because that is what the Sunday Times said.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Great piece.

I've always had the nagging doubt that, although Starlizard won't touch Brighton games, the football authorities may get nervous about a perceived conflict of interest. If we should reach the PL, the scrutiny would only intensify.

It sounds also like Starlizard are losing competitive advantage as others mimic his approach and margins are squeezed. I hope Bloom does have other investments to mitigate the risk to BHA's funding stream.

PG

I would bet a quid he does.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Well that's all very well, but the palace goons tell us Tony is only worth £50 million because that is what the Sunday Times said.

The Sunday Times rich list is mainly put together by interns and people on work experience who know nothing. And TB was very happy when he didn't appear on it at all ...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The Sunday Times rich list is mainly put together by interns and people on work experience who know nothing. And TB was very happy when he didn't appear on it at all ...

I know that, the palace goon brigade doesn't seem to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here