Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Northstand singing two songs at the same time

I for one moved my seats to the centre of the north to get the buzz I used to get many years ago in the north stand of the Goldstone. I can,t just sit in silence and watch the game, I like the lively atmosphere and the humerous comments that fly about.
The north centre was the place to be and should still be for the singers on mass, its a shame that the hard core of singers can,t get to that part of the ground, for people who just want the stigma of sitting in the north and sit quietly only joining in some times, maybe those people should move to allow the centre north to be great once again and be in unison with the songs. Or maybe the fault lies in the ticket sales people who should state on selling, that the north centre, left and right areas are for people who sing, shout and use flowery language and if you are easily offended please do not purchase this seats, other areas of the ground would be more suitable. And please tell the stewards to relax abit and let people enjoy the lively atmosphere.
There I have had my rant now, and I will proberly be shot down by a few people for saying it,(they would be the quiet ones).:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::albion2::albion2:

There lies the problem,middle aged blokes trying to recreate 1970's teenage years!:rolleyes: The north stand should be left to youngsters,flags and drums! Its 2014 if the song police have not noticed,you are not meant to like the youth trends thats the whole point,you have got old it happens.If you had seen 50 year old blokes in the old north stand trying to get down with the youth it would have been very weird. ???

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Why on earth don't people who want to sing move into that huge bank of empty seats in the South next to the away fans? Would make the atmosphere much better and at least each set of fans could hear the other for a change!

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Why on earth don't people who want to sing move into that huge bank of empty seats in the South next to the away fans? Would make the atmosphere much better and at least each set of fans could hear the other for a change!

Wouldn't that just leave a huge bank of empty seats in the north stand?

There lies the problem,middle aged blokes trying to recreate 1970's teenage years!:rolleyes: The north stand should be left to youngsters,flags and drums! Its 2014 if the song police have not noticed,you are not meant to like the youth trends thats the whole point,you have got old it happens.If you had seen 50 year old blokes in the old north stand trying to get down with the youth it would have been very weird. ???
:facepalm:

Attachments

• jimmy jimmy.jpg
    jimmy jimmy.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 209

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
The less in the more the atmosphere, 30k v Wolves and you could hear a pin drop at times.

Absolute rubbish. We'd already made the play-offs by that game and Wolves' relegation was pretty much guaranteed (they had to beat us something like 4-0 and hope other results went their way to have even a chance of staying up), you can't expect the crowd to be as fired up for a near dead rubber.

The two play-off games, Arsenal in the cup, St Patrick's day all had similar attendance figures and the atmosphere was electric.

And in any case, I remember at the time of the Wolves match, the 'attendance is a lie' brigade were insisting there was nowhere near 30,003 people who actually showed up.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I could barely hear the left side of the North Stand, not saying they didn't sing but when we're all singing we can't hear anyone else.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Cos when a good crowd of away turn up they'd be moved out

goldstone68

Aug 31, 2014
darkside
I am not trying to recreate anything, its the only exercise I get:lolol:, and surely you are not to old to have a sing song, you don,t have to grow old and become a miserable old kit, and if you look around the north there are plenty of middle aged blokes having a great time:clap:

I am not trying to recreate anything, its the only exercise I get:lolol:, and surely you are not to old to have a sing song, you don,t have to grow old and become a miserable old kit, and if you look around the north there are plenty of middle aged blokes having a great time:clap:

Always been a miserable git,middle aged blokes should have the grace to realise they are too old for clogging up the popular end,they need to relocate and have their little clappy sing song in the upper tiers :moo:

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS

wrong ... they did and i loved it!

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
Always been a miserable git,middle aged blokes should have the grace to realise they are too old for clogging up the popular end,they need to relocate and have their little clappy sing song in the upper tiers :moo:

b......cks.... me old me 53 ...

ps away game question... leeds away was amazing ....
pps ... go left go north go pick up yur step go west go left go wherever you xxxing want ... and dont let anyone tell you what to sing our shout at a footie match ... and we hate palace !

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Having the most vocal home fans next to the away fans (as at Tottenham, Southampton and others) is the best way to guarantee the best atmosphere. If the Police box crew could decamp to the South stand and join forces with the SWC, we would have a noisy fortress !

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Having the most vocal home fans next to the away fans (as at Tottenham, Southampton and others) is the best way to guarantee the best atmosphere. If the Police box crew could decamp to the South stand and join forces with the SWC, we would have a noisy fortress !

And as already said, they would keep getting moved every time theres a large away contingent.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
It's well nigh impossible for the Northstanders at the east end of the stand to hear anything that is coming out of the police box area.

No wonder the singing sounds muddled.

Then it's surely the responsibility of the middle seaters to join in with the police box, or vice versa, and thus to ensure that those in the east seats or on the same song sheet!!

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
This NSK lot need to move into the north stand central otherwise it's always going to be a shambles.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
This NSK lot need to move into the north stand central otherwise it's always going to be a shambles.

Some of us were there already and had to move. There is no way we could get all of us in to that section without forcibly moving people. That just is not going to happen I am afraid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here