Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Sunday lunch with a view/walk

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Thanks for all your suggestions, just home, went to the Hatch Inn on Ashdown Forest and then a walk on the forest. Fantastic food, would highly recommend, never been there before. Absolutely stunning views walking on the forest, such a beautiful part of the country. All those suggestions sounds great, we'll definitely try some of them out in future

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Thanks for all your suggestions, just home, went to the Hatch Inn on Ashdown Forest and then a walk on the forest. Fantastic food, would highly recommend, never been there before. Absolutely stunning views walking on the forest, such a beautiful part of the country. All those suggestions sounds great, we'll definitely try some of them out in future

Excellent. A walk round Cissbury and lunch in Findon is also highly recommended.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Last summer we parked up at Southborough green and then followed a footpath through the woods & fields & ended up at The Kentish Hare in Bidborough. Really nice pub though not an old traditional sort of pub, more your modern gastro pub. Nice walk there & back though.

Oh memories, I am from Southborough, I spent my entire childhood playing in those woods, fishing, bike riding, making camps, my grandad was the caretaker and my mum went to the school behind the church overlooking the cricket pitch.
Whenever I go back I always go there to bring back great memories, I will try the pub mentioned.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
I used to go to The Hatch Inn many years ago was always a nice country pub.
As you are in Tunbridge Wells and I was born there, you must have heared of The Spotted Dog between Fordcombe and Penshurst, that (if it is still there) would have been what you were looking for too, was always a fabulous country pub.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I used to go to The Hatch Inn many years ago was always a nice country pub.
As you are in Tunbridge Wells and I was born there, you must have heared of The Spotted Dog between Fordcombe and Penshurst, that (if it is still there) would have been what you were looking for too, was always a fabulous country pub.

I believe it is still there, I have been, many years ago, think my parents took me there for my 21st. Food was excellent from what I remember. I have just checked and it is still there, even better, you get a free drink with every meal, might have to have another visit soon !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here