Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lets face it, Brighton are just lucky.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Meanwhile over on Question Time Jonathan Bartley, the co-leader of the Greens, is talking a darn load more sense than either the labour or tory person. For that matter Charles Moore and Vince Cable also talk huge amounts of sense than either of the people who will actually form a government. Why do we get the wrong people representing us all the time? (rhetorical)

doesn't that just go to show up political candidates? They all talk a good fight and say exactly what people want to hear, then when elected go on to tow the party line and spout central policies, or then relalise that half of what they all dreamt about implementing just don't work in reality. I'm not taking any party stance here, they are all the frigging same.

There one thing that should preclude anyone from being able to be an MP and that is having the desire to be one

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Brighton is the most dirty and disgusting it has ever been,pavements covered with beggars,litter,piss and sick.The bypass looks a complete mess and caravans on any unguarded green space.Its a mess and not getting better.

What's that got to do with 1 of the 3 MPS for the city? That would be the council responsible for that..

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Yes she is great.
- As long as you dont drive a car and have to rive at 2MPH though the majorty of the city.
- As long as you dont mind the billion and one speed bumps
- As long as you are one of the 3 people a day that use the multi million pund bike lanes and not oen of the tens of thousands sitting in cars where they nicked one of more of the car lanes to create these 'green bike lanes'
- As long as you dont mind waititn and the hundreds of new trafic lights designed to ruin the traffic flow
- As long as you dont mind the recylcing being strewn all over the sreets as they can't get it right
-As long as you dont mind looking out to sea and seeing the monstrosities that are going up and ruining our views
-As long as you dont mind the floods of beggars and homeloess whihc are welcomed with open arms
-As long as you are not one of the people who have to pay for the above

Need I go on?

Charming lady but detestable policies.

What view? An area of grey/blue, a line (known as the horizon) then more grey/blue interspersed with white patches (known as clouds).

Not everyone dislikes wind turbines.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Caroline Lucas is a great MP.

The local Green party is nothing but a bunch of incompetent loons. Just look at Hawtree, Kitcat and Duncan when they were 'running' B&H Council !!!!

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I have not voted green but would vote for her if I were in pavilion constituency.

I will be voting labour, don't agree with Corbyn and his far left cronies (nor the Tories might I add) but if labour win Kemptown then at least that's one seat off their 'landslide' majority. If they get that then they will see that as a mandate to sell off the NHS

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Well meaning? 10/10

Wrong headed? 10/10

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
What view? An area of grey/blue, a line (known as the horizon) then more grey/blue interspersed with white patches (known as clouds).

Not everyone dislikes wind turbines.

True, but are they are an effective answer to our energy needs and an intelligent use of our financial recources? If the answer is no, then you have to question who benefits? As usual I suggest that you follow the money.

http://instituteforenergyresearch.org/analysis/europe-little-output-show-wind-solar-investments/

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
My stepmum has lived in Brighton her entire life. She used to vote Tory but doesn't support this current shambles of a government. When we were down for the parade we were discussing politics and she was saying that although she's no massive fan of the most of the Green's policies, she will always vote for CL as she's a fantastic constituency MP. Wish there were more MPs like her. Having said that, the constituency I live in in Sheffield will always be Labour (so my vote is irrelevant under our shite system) but we're also fortunate to have an MP who does great work for the local community in Louise Haigh.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
yes she is great.
- as long as you dont drive a car and have to rive at 2mph though the majorty of the city.
- as long as you dont mind the billion and one speed bumps
- as long as you are one of the 3 people a day that use the multi million pund bike lanes and not oen of the tens of thousands sitting in cars where they nicked one of more of the car lanes to create these 'green bike lanes'
- as long as you dont mind waititn and the hundreds of new trafic lights designed to ruin the traffic flow
- as long as you dont mind the recylcing being strewn all over the sreets as they can't get it right
-as long as you dont mind looking out to sea and seeing the monstrosities that are going up and ruining our views
-as long as you dont mind the floods of beggars and homeloess whihc are welcomed with open arms
-as long as you are not one of the people who have to pay for the above

need i go on?

Charming lady but detestable policies.

seig heil!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I disagree with probably almost all of the Green policies but I'll be voting for her.
:lol:

I'm not taking the piss, I've no doubt you have good reasons for voting for her, but that's pretty funny. Given that you disagree with her policies, what is it that she does so well that makes you overlook the policies?

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
What a complete and utter load of rubbish - Brighton people vote for Caroline Lucas not transient students on mas( i'm sure its a factor but only a minor one ) . I live near the station and there are very few students living in this area - to be precise one house in 20 on my side of the road . so 5 % . You don't know what you're talking about . Walk round west hill , montpelier , port hall , western rd - do you think these house slapped with vote green posters are lived in by students? No they are not generally .
Get your facts right son next time .

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
No it would be a lot better if you didnt - you clearly dont know what you are talking about . The mere idea that you think these ideas have something to do with Caroline Lucas singles you out as a complete and utter moron . The fact that you disagree with them is your problem and just shows you up as ill informed .
So just for you i'll explain - these policies are the policies of Brighton council . That council has been run by the greens and it now run by labour . So there are some green policies there and lots of policies decided by the whole council .
Caroline Lucas is not on Brighton council - she is an MP - that stands for Member of Parliament - she represents her constituency at a national level in London ( its a big city - capital of England ) . She does not have anything to do with these policies and regularly distances herself from the nonsense that goes on at Brighton Council .
Do you understand the difference here ? I doubt it .
Stick to football - thats the one played on a green pitch .

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Attachments

• IMAG1517 (002).jpg
    IMAG1517 (002).jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 123

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
To have Caroline Lucas as an MP.
So impressed with her tonight,and for some time, if she was leader of a party that stood a chance of winning I would at least know where my X is going.
There are a few decent MP's out there, how come they never seem to get into a position to lead the country.
Or am I wrong, Brightonians will know far more than me.

You fancy her, you do

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here