Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Massive v Huddersfield

Fnd_hudds

That Huddersfield Tosser
Feb 3, 2017
Leeds missing out was one of the highlights of my season, and it's also good to see Huddersfield do well, but it was Wagner in the wrong when they clashed pitch side.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Leeds missing out was one of the highlights of my season, and it's also good to see Huddersfield do well, but it was Wagner in the wrong when they clashed pitch side.

Wagner, and his antics is the only part that doesn't sit well with me. He's just a bit of a tool.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Wagner, and his antics is the only part that doesn't sit well with me. He's just a bit of a tool.
Careful, if you aren't behind Huddersfield's quest 100% in every single little way, you'll be on the receiving end of some z's from a Huddersfield keyboard warrior.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Careful, if you aren't behind Huddersfield's quest 100% in every single little way, you'll be on the receiving end of some z's from a Huddersfield keyboard warrior.

It's a risk I'm willing to take....

Fnd_hudds

That Huddersfield Tosser
Feb 3, 2017

It's just boring, it's been done to death, and is a prime example of the gaslighting that I referred to earlier.

You've negatively replied to almost everything I've posted on here. If you've got an issue with us, then fine, but I'll tell you what. If you won the title tomorrow and we were the next team to come down to the Amex then we would give you a guard of honour again, without a second's thought. We compete hard, but we do things the right way when it comes to it.

Like you, we're a fan owned club that has been through some really shit times in the past 20 years. But we've done our time, built from the ground up, invested in the local community (for example the players go and serve breakfast to underprivileged kids every week), and are finally seeing everything come together. Just be happy for us :)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It's a risk I'm willing to take....
You're right though. Wagner was well over the top with that celebration. His "mind games" about us bottling it also backfired massively.

Perhaps he should stick to coaching, he's pretty good at that.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's just boring, it's been done to death, and is a prime example of the gaslighting that I referred to earlier.

You've negatively replied to almost everything I've posted on here. If you've got an issue with us, then fine, but I'll tell you what. If you won the title tomorrow and we were the next team to come down to the Amex then we would give you a guard of honour again, without a second's thought. We compete hard, but we do things the right way when it comes to it.

Like you, we're a fan owned club that has been through some really shit times in the past 20 years. But we've done our time, built from the ground up, invested in the local community (for example the players go and serve breakfast to underprivileged kids every week), and are finally seeing everything come together. Just be happy for us :)

No, you're alright thanks.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What? I said "it's also good to see Huddersfield do well". That was a compliment and the main part of my post. But as much as I dislike the Leeds' fans self entitled attitude, I think Monk is pretty decent, so when you made a comment against him I simply said I thought it was Wagner that was out of order when they clashed.

You've negatively replied to almost everything I've posted on here.
Oh, so that's why you've reacted strangely. I just said how it was good to see your team do well and you've reacted badly because you've been keeping score and think I've been mean about you. Which I haven't. I've taken the piss out of Wagner saying that we choked, because he got his facts wrong. And I didn't think he should have run across the pitch when you scored the winner against Leeds, but that aside I don't think I've said anything bad about your team, quite the opposite. My preferred teams to go up this season were always you and Fulham (with us of course).

If you've got an issue with us, then fine
I think you need a lie down.

Fnd_hudds

That Huddersfield Tosser
Feb 3, 2017
What? I said "it's also good to see Huddersfield do well". That was a compliment and the main part of my post. But as much as I dislike the Leeds' fans self entitled attitude, I think Monk is pretty decent, so when you made a comment against him I simply said I thought it was Wagner that was out of order when they clashed.

Oh, so that's why you've reacted strangely. I just said how it was good to see your team do well and you've reacted badly because you've been keeping score and think I've been mean about you. Which I haven't. I've taken the piss out of Wagner saying that we choked, because he got his facts wrong. And I didn't think he should have run across the pitch when you scored the winner against Leeds, but that aside I don't think I've said anything bad about your team, quite the opposite. My preferred teams to go up this season were always you and Fulham (with us of course).

I think you need a lie down.

Alright, sorry. Emotions are just running a bit high!

The bit I took exception to was that Wagner started the fight with with Monk, when if you watch the video Monk clearly barges in to Wagner as he's running back (and 100% not in the Leeds technical area, despite what they say....hence the 'gaslighting'). Regardless it's old news now and matters nothing.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'm delighted for Huddersfield for a number of reasons:

1: Share an office with one of their STH and he's a good guy. Always found people in the pubs pre match to be friendly too.
2: They hate Leeds
3: Sell spare pies and burgers after the game for a pound
4: HTFC world is the funniest football website IMO, take a look at this one where they'd just played Leeds http://www.htfc-world.com/reports/Leeds8/leeds050217.htm
5: They hate Leeds
6: Play in blue and white stripes
7: The Martin Perry link
8: I saw Jake Robinson score a hat-trick there for us and when he was substituted the Town fans clapped him off.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm delighted for Huddersfield for a number of reasons:

1: Share an office with one of their STH and he's a good guy. Always found people in the pubs pre match to be friendly too.
2: They hate Leeds
3: Sell spare pies and burgers after the game for a pound
4: HTFC world is the funniest football website IMO, take a look at this one where they'd just played Leeds http://www.htfc-world.com/reports/Leeds8/leeds050217.htm
5: They hate Leeds
6: Play in blue and white stripes
7: The Martin Perry link
8: I saw Jake Robinson score a hat-trick there for us and when he was substituted the Town fans clapped him off.

Whilst you're here, what is your take on the claim above that their budget is 'the same as Rotherham'?

They've hugely over-achieved without question, but surely that is a stretch?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Good luck to them, gracious in victory when I was up there despite giving us a hiding.

Didn't like the attempted (and failed) mindgames by Wagner but not going to hold that against them after the great season they've had.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Whilst you're here, what is your take on the claim above that their budget is 'the same as Rotherham'?

They've hugely over-achieved without question, but surely that is a stretch?

They've been reliant on a generous chairman for the last few years (but that's a good thing IMO). They are a bit above Rotherham, but not much.
Huddersfield Income Wages and Losses.PNG
Championship 2016 Wages & Player costs.JPGChampionship SIgnings 2015-6.PNG

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Alright, sorry. Emotions are just running a bit high!
No problem :)

The bit I took exception to was that Wagner started the fight with with Monk, when if you watch the video Monk clearly barges in to Wagner as he's running back
Yes it's definitely Monk that steps in front of Wagner (barges may be pushing it), but I don't blame him. Managers just don't run across the pitch when their team scores, it's not the done thing (and against the rules no doubt), so Monk and all the fans (even if they're Leeds) must have been well pissed off.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here