Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Massive v Huddersfield

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Sing up and put your phones away.
swfc-vs-brighton-13-may.jpg

24827e45f95ed0f96d3c0339ad0d817d_laughing-so-hard-im-gonna-laughing-hard-meme_320-290.jpeg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Posted tonight on owlstalk. They mention their legendary home play off game against us last May.

Last season it was the crowd that carried the team through that game and were the extra man.

Haha. What a cocking bellend. The 'extra man' in that game, wasn't some figurative concept - they strolled it because they had an ACTUAL extra man!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
TBf most Owlstalk fans saying well done to HTFC and that they deserved it. Unhappy with Carlos' negative tactics - they managed 2 shots on target across 210 minutes - and the odd choice of penalty takers. Considering the amount they've spent on strikers, this is a bit of a joke, and one that may come back to bite them on the FFP bum...

PG

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
also interesting to read their team last night was the same as the Play off final other than Hooper for Fletcher .... with 20m talent on the bench.

No point dying not knowing

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Haha. What a cocking bellend. The 'extra man' in that game, wasn't some figurative concept - they strolled it because they had an ACTUAL extra man!

and they seem to have conveniently forgotten David Blunkett's comments about the loudest game he's ever attended - 'force field of noise' - at the Amex.

PG

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This owlstalk poster has it:

The playoffs are heart stopping but they give you a false perspective on things.

See what happened to Brighton. Couple of playoff failures looked like an Egyptian curse on them but, actually, they were simply building an unstoppable momentum and just happened to have a couple of bad results in a knockout competition two years in a row.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
and they seem to have conveniently forgotten David Blunkett's comments about the loudest game he's ever attended - 'force field of noise' - at the Amex.

PG

That was an astonishing noise that night. Never thought Albion fans could be so loud for so long-we're going to need lots more of that next season.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Last night was honestly one of the best nights of my life.

Can't speak for everyone but I am so happy it's you and not MASSIVE who are in the final. I'm even more pleased that it was Fernando "Oh, this grass looks comfy, I'll have a lie down" Forestieri who missed the crucial penalty.

Fnd_hudds

That Huddersfield Tosser
Feb 3, 2017
Can't speak for everyone but I am so happy it's you and not MASSIVE who are in the final. I'm even more pleased that it was Fernando "Oh, this grass looks comfy, I'll have a lie down" Forestieri who missed the crucial penalty.

Everything was perfect.

The much derided Collin Quaner coming on to change the game. Hogg breaking his head and coming back on the pitch like Terry Butcher. Michael Hefele absolutely burying the second penalty. Danny Ward outsprinting everyone in the celebrations.

Even if we don't make the final hurdle, what this team has achieved on a budget similar to Rotherham is inspirational.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Everything was perfect.

The much derided Collin Quaner coming on to change the game. Hogg breaking his head and coming back on the pitch like Terry Butcher. Michael Hefele absolutely burying the second penalty. Danny Ward outsprinting everyone in the celebrations.

Even if we don't make the final hurdle, what this team has achieved on a budget similar to Rotherham is inspirational.

Congrats Huddersfield. Well played. I like the look of Hogg.

I thought it was much closer than Wednesday fans thought. I thought early on it would go to penalties as no clear cut chances were created by either side, except the one that Rhodes missed!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Last night was honestly one of the best nights of my life.

Many congrats to you and all your Huddersfield chums. It may be a damned site further away but it's a hell of a better day out than Reading and have always found your lot a friendly bunch so I hope you go all the way. Not been to Town for about ten years, but hope to make it next year!

It's only a shame the champions of Europe aren't there for you to beat in the final, how sweet would that have been?

Fnd_hudds

That Huddersfield Tosser
Feb 3, 2017
Congrats Huddersfield. Well played. I like the look of Hogg.

I thought it was much closer than Wednesday fans thought. I thought early on it would go to penalties as no clear cut chances were created by either side, except the one that Rhodes missed!

Brown should have buried that chance in the first half. And the penalty shout was a close one.
Meh it doesn't matter now, we won and we're going to Wembley!!!!

Jonathan Hogg is a ****ing hero.

Fnd_hudds

That Huddersfield Tosser
Feb 3, 2017
Many congrats to you and all your Huddersfield chums. It may be a damned site further away but it's a hell of a better day out than Reading and have always found your lot a friendly bunch so I hope you go all the way. Not been to Town for about ten years, but hope to make it next year!

It's only a shame the champions of Europe aren't there for you to beat in the final, how sweet would that have been?

Honestly, I'm glad that Leeds aren't involved in this. It would have detracted away from the real story. Monk can keep to his gaslighting playground antics.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Brown should have buried that chance in the first half. And the penalty shout was a close one.
Meh it doesn't matter now, we won and we're going to Wembley!!!!

Jonathan Hogg is a ****ing hero.

The goalie actually made a very good save for Brown's shot, it was heading in otherwise.

I almost celebrated your goal and win like a Brighton goal such is my dislike of Wednesday :lol: and the fact that untilyou were assured a play-off place, you were pushing hard for second spot and I think your football this season deserves promotion. Well except for a negative goal difference. How the heck does that happen?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Congratulations to Huddersfield and best of luck in the final. I think you'll go with most people's best wishes - be nice to see two sides up there who haven't yet supped of the milk and honey.

Actually, thinking about it, I'm going to watch this again. It makes me smile, for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm1ckvsrpUQ&t=2s

I think my favourite bit about that video, apart from the double save from Stockers and Knockaerts second and Duffy manhandling any Wednesday player trying to square up to Stephens, has got to be Goldson giving one of their players shit after the penalty save.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Honestly, I'm glad that Leeds aren't involved in this. It would have detracted away from the real story. Monk can keep to his gaslighting playground antics.
Leeds missing out was one of the highlights of my season, and it's also good to see Huddersfield do well, but it was Wagner in the wrong when they clashed pitch side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here