Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion-free Championship Playoffs thread

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Christ, the play offs are horrible! Thank **** it's not us.
This. Enjoyed that second half, mostly because it didn't affect us in the slightest so I could watch the sickening dread on the faces of the Tinpot and Fulham fans with no stress.

Also, Tinpot celebrating as if they're up and they've gotta go through it all again.....

Playoffs are grim for sure. Loving it.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
The play offs are bollocks - but not for the reason you state, in my view.

Over an entire season Reading finish 3rd and Fulham finish 6th. Promotion should be about what has been achieved over a season - not a 2-game shoot out. On this basis, Reading deserve the chance to go up - not Fulham.

Play offs are horrible but have been the best thing to happen to the football leagues. Best games of the season, keeps the league competitive till the end and everyone knows the rules at the start.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
The form team rarely ever wins them, as we have found out on two, and maybe debatably 3 occasions in 2013,14 and 16 ffs :facepalm:.

I'm calling a Reading Huddersfield final.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Any thoughts of not being champions has gone after watching that tonight, the only thing that matters is we went up so long ago I can't remember it now

Exactly, it was almost greedy to expect to be Champions as well :smile:

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
In a moment of madness, I've just stuck a good deal more on Fulham. Maybe I just like to sh1t myself during the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ahhh! £50 lost! My old friend, play-off disappointment. I know you so well.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Massive vs. Tin pot.

Increasingly likely.

We could skip the final and just base it on who has the best pitch invasion... obviously people on stilts, fire breathing midgets and unicycle riders are likely to enhance the judges score.

In HD with a shit load of dry ice.

Now that's premier league.

Over to Wednesday.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Play offs are horrible but have been the best thing to happen to the football leagues. Best games of the season, keeps the league competitive till the end and everyone knows the rules at the start.
I agree but they should definitely be tweaked so it's similar to the IPL or other more fair playoff situations. Should be some weighting for being better over a season.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Any thoughts of not being champions has gone after watching that tonight, the only thing that matters is we went up so long ago I can't remember it now

....and what a great feeling that is!!

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Well, I didn't watch the match - but Fulham have been playing better football than Reading this season.

Personally I'd like Huddersfield to go up, as they've not been in the top division since the early 1970s.

I'm no Reading apologist, but 5 points clear of Fulham in the league, drawing away and beating them at home in the playoffs suggests otherwise

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Well, I didn't watch the match - but Fulham have been playing better football than Reading this season.

Personally I'd like Huddersfield to go up, as they've not been in the top division since the early 1970s.

In your opinion Fulham are better. Facts are Reading are. Table does not lie

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
In a moment of madness, I've just stuck a good deal more on Fulham. Maybe I just like to sh1t myself during the playoffs.

....and what a great feeling that is!!

My not being champions disappointment left me on Sunday amongst a sea of blue and white flags and happy smiling people all looking forward to our first season in the premier league :albion2:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Massive vs. Tin pot.

Increasingly likely.

We could skip the final and just base it on who has the best pitch invasion... obviously people on stilts, fire breathing midgets and unicycle riders are likely to enhance the judges score.

In HD with a shit load of dry ice.

Now that's premier league.

Over to Wednesday.

You forgot the AWESOME mobile phone light show, has to have that, it's a signature tune of the Massive

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Sidders very articulate on Sky tonight. Conclusion? Reading have a bloody good goalkeeper (not his words, to be fair, just me reading between the lines).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here