Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are Stoke City sleepwalking into a struggle next season?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Who was that Stoke player we got on loan a few years back. ?Cost them £2m and he was rubbish

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I think Southampton could struggle next season, constant asset stripping has to catch up with them one day

with a 16 point gap between 7th and 8th

it looks like alot of teams will struggle

fortunately only 3 go down

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Watford have been very fortunate. Considering they have a new manager each year, and rumour has it another one for next season, they will do well to survive again.

Eventually the constantly sacking Pozzi family will come unstuck.

Also, the team's been built on long balls upto a beast or two upfront, normally Deeney who has done a great job in that role, but this season his influence in games has dipped significantly.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Deeney who has done a great job in that role, but this season his influence in games has dipped significantly.

Apparently they gave him a big pay rise to fend off interest from West Brom (he's their kind of player for sure). After all that, Deeney's not started several games recently. Strange.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The coldest, windiest shitehole I've been to, to watch football

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Middle of the Country

Not much excitement for middle of the table mediocrity and this season their only wins came against the clubs below them in the table.

If they fail to win their home games against the relegation battle clubs they will be drawn into a relegation battle themselves.

Quite good at home. They seem to struggle to win away and the top six cubs. More of the same seems likely with Hughes in charge.

PS: if they go on a spending spree they might end up like Bolton and Sunderland.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm at Fenton Manor sports centre today, I can confirm that Stoke remains utterly depressing. The Bet365 building is huge.

Joebananas

Jan 30, 2011
Stoke fan here

We are very worried currently, we seem to be on a very negative trajectory currently and its all a bit doom and gloom. We undoubtedly have the quality in Shaquiri, Imbula, Arnautovic, Joe Allen and a few others but Mark Hughes just can't seem to get the best out of them. On our day, which is rare these days, we can beat any team in the league but yesterday we just rolled over and had our bellies tickled against a side that hates playing at our place.

Our Fortress Brittania ( I know its BET 365 stadium now ) mentality seems to be slipping and we are very beatable at home these days.

Call me fickle, but I didn't want Hughes as manager, then admitted perhaps I was wrong when, other than this season, he has done a fantastic job, but I think he has been exposed this year for what he is, i.e. lets chuck shed loads of money at transfers and fingers crossed it will work. Imbula a great example, Shaq on his day unplayable but constantly injured, Berahino firing blanks as has Bony.

We definitely need a freshen up and the Hughes out drum is starting to be banged. Luckily there are still plenty of teams worse than us next season who will help keep us up.

Joebananas

Jan 30, 2011
I'm at Fenton Manor sports centre today, I can confirm that Stoke remains utterly depressing. The Bet365 building is huge.

I know exactly where you are, used to use that place as a youngster. I can't disagree that Fenton is a bit depressing and Stoke, as a whole, is not exactly Beverley Hills but there are plenty of really nice places if you go looking, Trentham being a good example. It is like anywhere really, good and bad bits. I have lived down here long enough to have seen all the places around me and I can definitely confirm there are areas of Brighton, Worthing, etc that would give Stoke a run for it's money all day long.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Mr Naylor seems to think so, about his side:-

[tweet]863446230722125825[/tweet]

Beyond the fact that they must have some huge wages tied to some less than impressive players, Shirley they have enough about them to not be in ours, and perhaps palace's league, assuming the latter are a Premier League side next season.

Don't you just hate online negativity?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I know exactly where you are, used to use that place as a youngster. I can't disagree that Fenton is a bit depressing and Stoke, as a whole, is not exactly Beverley Hills but there are plenty of really nice places if you go looking, Trentham being a good example. It is like anywhere really, good and bad bits. I have lived down here long enough to have seen all the places around me and I can definitely confirm there are areas of Brighton, Worthing, etc that would give Stoke a run for it's money all day long.

We went for some food in Alsager, that was a nice little town.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
They have a lot of decent players.
Can't see them ending up in a relegation fight next season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here