Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tomori

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
10 million ? ....

I would think that is about right for a player with a handful of Championship games and massive potential. Seems to be the new thing that PL clubs sell them on now with a 1st opportunity to buy back a number of years later. Liverpool done that with Ibe and Smith that they sold to Bournemouth. Clever way of business as if they won't get games at the "big" club but if they get games elsewhere and become a player that set the PL alight the "big" club pops back and buys him.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
The kid's immense. Not sure what attribute he doesn't have to be a top class centre back. Could probably improve his long range passing, but who needs that when you've got Lewis Dunk to do it for you.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I expect we could get him on loan if we wanted and loan out CG (who I like very much) as he'll need lots of games.

But we might have other positions we're more desperate in or where a permanent signing would cost far more than plugging in another CB

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The kid's immense. Not sure what attribute he doesn't have to be a top class centre back. Could probably improve his long range passing, but who needs that when you've got Lewis Dunk to do it for you.

His passing is his weak point at present.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Really like the lad. Seems mature for his age, composed and bought into the team ethic more than others, possibly. Would be very happy if we saw him in Albion colours again.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I watched him closely yesterday. Uses his obvious strength really well to shield the ball, has great pace and gets good tackles in. He hoofed the ball a few times though so i agree with the comments his passing needs to be improved but he has bags of potential and could definitely do a job next season.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
5 weeks on,certainly would would love to sign this lad

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I know what you mean but we have 4 contracted Centre Halfs already ( good ones), plenty of work to be done elsewhere in my opinion.
goldson is back running and im sure will be ready for pre-season.

I think getting Tomori back would be a very good use of one of the loan slots, because he's not just a centre half, he can cover any position right across the back 4

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I think getting Tomori back would be a very good use of one of the loan slots, because he's not just a centre half, he can cover any position right across the back 4

I would worry if we used him as a fullback in the PL.

Main reason for everyone's turnaround of opinion was actually playing him in the position he is comfortable in.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

This.....can also see us playing 3 CBs from time to time, so we'd potentially need 5 anyway. Not sure we'll be able to sign him permanently but agree would love him on another season-long loan. Problem may be that we wouldn't be able to commit to how much game time he'd get with Dunk, Duffy and Uwe ahead of him at the moment.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Had a great game on Sunday and clearly has bags of potential at CB. That said I'd be more tempted with a loan offer for Kurt Zouma who seems to be a perennial bench warmer at Chelsea.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I understood he was only one of two Chelsea players on loan that Conte wanted back next season. Could be a tough deal to close. Good player though.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I rate Tomori. I also think Hughton has shown real confidence in him. I was curious that he was brought on for Dunk right at the end of the Bristol City game. There was no obvious rationale other than giving him a final run out at home. Even if Chelsea dont initially Ley him go we might pick him up a few games into the season.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I rate him too. Good attitude, obviously skilled - and doesn't think he's too good to give it his all at a "lesser club" than his parent one, which can sometimes be the case.

It's the old adage of a clearly good player going out, learning his trade, and making his mistakes somewhere else. However, if we buy him we're buying a work in progress. In our first season in the PL can we afford to do that?

It's just a big game of Russian roulette, with CH hoping he gets more clicks than bangs! (although Mr Duffy seems to be getting bangs AND clicks at the moment)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here