Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How to honour Tony Bloom?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bore off and watch cricket or something, I've waited 32 years for this, done my time in the lower leagues stood on terraces with just a handful of others watching us lose in some northern hole. Every club ultimately belongs to the fans not the owners as without us there would be no club. We should celebrate just like every other club does when they win promotion and not be made to feel we are doing something wrong.

Having waited so long you must be of an age that is past acting like a wally and running on he pitch so stay where you are and applaud the team from there.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Bore off and watch cricket or something, I've waited 32 years for this, done my time in the lower leagues stood on terraces with just a handful of others watching us lose in some northern hole. Every club ultimately belongs to the fans not the owners as without us there would be no club. We should celebrate just like every other club does when they win promotion and not be made to feel we are doing something wrong.

- and the rest of us haven't? 32 years - you're just a JCL!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
what about a bench on the approach to the stadium with a life size figure of Mr. Bloom ...complete with satchel and bobble hat....sat on it ......??

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Freedom Of The City Of Brighton and Hove? Here's a list of the existing awards made, according to Wikipedia:

19 November 1898: Rt. Hon. Viscount Wolseley KP, GCB, OM, GCMG, VD, PC, British Army Field Marshal (Borough of Brighton).
14 January 1903: Sir John French KP, GCB, OM, GCVO, KCMG, ADC, PC, British Army Field Marshal (Borough of Brighton).
30 November 1920: Rt. Hon. Earl Haig KT, GCB, OM, GCVO, KCIE, ADC, British Army Field Marshal (Borough of Brighton).
7 October 1922: Rt. Hon. Earl Beatty GCB, OM, GCVO, DSO, PC, British Royal Navy Admiral of the Fleet (Borough of Brighton).
30 July 1925: Sir Charles Thomas-Stanford JP, British Politician (Borough of Brighton).
30 July 1925: Lady Ellen Thomas-Stanford (Borough of Brighton).
28 October 1926: Herbert Carden JP, Former Mayor of Brighton (Borough of Brighton).
23 September 1937: Benjamin James Saunders CBE JP, Local Philanthropist (Borough of Brighton).
3 October 1947: Rt. Hon. Sir Winston Churchill KG OM CH TD DL FRS RA, British Prime Minister (Borough of Brighton).
30 September 1948: Hugh Milner Black, Former Mayor of Brighton (Borough of Brighton).
19 December 1968: Miss Dorothy Stringer, Former Mayor of Brighton (Borough of Brighton).
27 July 1972: William Dodd, Brighton Town Clerk 1953–1972 (Borough of Brighton).
30 April 2009: Henry Allingham, British World War I Veteran.
13 May 2011: Aung San Suu Kyi, Burmese Democracy Activist and Winner of the 1991 Nobel Peace Prize.
24 July 2012: Steve Ovett, British Track Runner Olympic Gold Medalist at the 1980 Olympics.
July 2014: Bernard Jordan, Former Mayor of Hove and British World War II Veteran.

That would be risky. A billionaire could buy an awful lot of sheep to drive down Madeira Drive or whatever rights you get. Traffic chaos.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Just keep turning up to the football and buy plenty of the related tat I guess?

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
If we have already won the league by the time we play Villa the club should register TB as a player on a non contract basis and have him on the bench at Villa Park.

He could come on in the 93rd minute and we could give him the reception he truly deserves.

Great idea. If he scores perhaps he could do a little celebration for Mr Calderwood as well!
xgz9nkR.gif

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Tony is an absolute legend, but not sure the best way to honour him is a statue TBH... could he be added to the legends 'flags' just outside the stadium?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
☺��

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I would think hes probably too humble/proud to have a statue of himself.

How about something more personal/discrete its the thought that counts

http://www.pokerbling.com/pokerallure.htm

These guys do custom/bespoke poker bracelets could to one with a seagull on blue stones and have it engraved on the inside with "You're the man. Thank you from the fans"

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think a manly hug, a firm handshake followed by a huge kiss!

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Listening to 5 live whilst watching sky. Brighton score on Sky while it takes my live commentary 60 seconds to catch up. Are we 2-0 up?
I will be a happy shopper in the Drapers arms, Peterborough tonight get in!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here