Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We've had an amazing run and all credit to the team.....

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I just opened Facebook to see [MENTION=72]dwayne[/MENTION] is on holiday in the Caribbean having just got engaged (Congratulations, BTW)

I'm not sure if that were me, I'd be logging into NSC to shit stir. Each to their own.

Christ on a bike. What a joker.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Funny stuff, opinions. I watched last nights game just very impressed with them really, thinking this is clearly a top 2 team. The winner didn't come unfortunately but that doesn't really change what I saw.

Sent from my GT-I8262 using Tapatalk

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought we played pretty well last night. I was disappointed not to win and even more disappointed with the wins for the chasing pack but I thought we worked hard, had a good tempo and were unlucky not to win 2-1 or even 3-1 against an energetic and well organised Ipswich side.

Not many stand-out performances, I would agree, but as a team I thought we looked quality a lot of the time. Knocky and Solly were not at their usual standards but we know they're among the best wingers in the division on their day.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Finally a positive from last night.

Please though, no more threads about promotion parties, or anything premature about going up.

Although the flip side of that good news must mean the door is being left open for our friends up the road to return in their droves.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm feeling a bit flat today, I'll be honest. Not so much about our result, but more the manner of the Hudds and Reading wins.

I think that's where a lot of us are - I know I am.

But promotion was NEVER going to be won at a canter - it rarely is in the Championship. Briefly last night it looked as though other results could all go for us and I truly believed we'd have found a way through them to earn another three points. That could have seen us top, on 67 points, with a 9 point buffer over third.

The truth is we've not put in a decent 90 minutes for a fair while but we've still ground out results and continued to accrue points at a steady, if not sensational, rate.

Last 6 games: 11 points (1.83 ppg)
Last 10 games: 21 points (2.10 ppg)
Last 15 games: 32 points (2.13 ppg)

It is only natural to feel nervous after last season, but we're still very well placed. This side will click properly again.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
OK, we didn't play well...

However, we were still better than our opponents, and should have won the game...

In conclusion, the OP is a major tw@t...

To us 'oldies' on this site (i.e. people posting way before the great 'lost post scandal' of July 2003, Christ that's coming up for 13 and half years ago!) Dwayne was the wind-up super king, a young lad who always posted about his bulging muscles and upwardly mobile life, salary, cars, etc, etc........!

HOWEVER, I cannot disagree with much of his post tonight.

We've not been good, dominating, for weeks/months, whilst the points have still been coming in granted. Huddersfield's winner has been a real kick in the stomach and I along with others are seriously worried that they will overhaul us by the end of the month.....this doesn't mean I'll give less support than normal, just a view from a very down beat fan.

This.

Knowing Dwayne's track record, I laughed as soon as I read the title and saw who posted. It's classic fishing.

I don't agree with it, because it fuels others angst, but I read the original post as a slightly twisted anti-bedwetting post. The majority of responses will have given him exactly what he was seeking.

#GenerationSnowflake

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Top six teams' remaining fixtures against other current top six teams:

Newcastle
28 Feb: Brighton (a)
4 March: Huddersfield (a)
7 March: Reading (a)
8 April: Sheff Weds (a)
15 April: Leeds (h)

Brighton
25 Feb: Reading (h)
28 Feb: Newcastle (h)
18 March: Leeds (a)

Huddersfield:
21 Feb: Reading (h)
4 March Newcastle (h)

Reading
21 Feb: Huddersfield (a)
25 Feb: Brighton (a)
17 Mar: Sheff Weds (a)
1 April: Leeds (h)

Leeds
25 Feb: Sheff Weds (h)
18 Mar: Brighton (h)
1 April: Reading (a)
15 April: Newcastle (a)

Sheff Weds
25 Feb: Leeds (a)
17 Mar: Reading (h)
8 April: Newcastle (h)​

Even if everybody in the top six won every game against the rest of the league - which almost certainly won't happen - teams are still going to be dropping points.

Newcastle, for example, have three away trips to the top six in seven days; even if Huddersfield's good form continues, it's not unfeasible that it's Newcastle that gets sucked back in to the pack.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
If we had a shite team we would not be where we are. When it starts to click again, we will be fine. Until then happy to scrap it out and keep a top two spot. Bad patch, move on.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Win Saturday and we are a guaranteed 7 points clear of Huddersfield.

Reading to come to our place along with Newcastle. Huddersfield to play Reading and Newcastle in the next few weeks also.

We are in a great position and I've every confidence we will finish in the top 2 of this division.

Tonight was a game we could have easily lost so let's take the positives rather than focus on the negatives. Saturday can't come soon enough for me, suggestion for those being so negative, purchase a ticket and get your arses up to Barnsley and cheer the boys on.

Woke up this morning with dry sheets and a fresh perspective. This sums up my feelings.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don't think I care if we played well or not, now it is about winning, grabbing points. I thought we played pretty well against Burton, without really having to get out of 2nd gear, I thought we put a good performance in against Sheff Wed, and I thought we played well enough to win last night.. Any win is a good win in my book when you're fighting for points, and just about every team in the Division needs points at the moment for one reason or another..

Three points is everything.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
We are second in the table and are having a great season. Why the hysteria? We could win next 10, lose game eleven 3-0 and people here will be slitting their wrists

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I just opened Facebook to see [MENTION=72]dwayne[/MENTION] is on holiday in the Caribbean having just got engaged (Congratulations, BTW)

I'm not sure if that were me, I'd be logging into NSC to shit stir. Each to their own.
To be fair I wouldnt be as intrusive or petty as to comment on your personal life on this message board, but each to their own.

Another day , another beach for me. Far more active on here when I have little to do.

And no wind up intended in the first post , just my view take it or leave it.....

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
We are second in the table and are having a great season. Why the hysteria? We could win next 10, lose game eleven 3-0 and people here will be slitting their wrists

If we won the next ten then lost one, we'd be on 95 points with 4 games left. I think we'd probably manage to cope.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Just read this from Steve McLaren:

"We've gone from a team who were hard to beat and defended very, very well to conceding seven in two games and you don't collect points doing that.

"This is the first defeat at home since September so let's not panic and over-react and say the wheels have come off, but we have to work hard on the training field."

Chimes rather well with our situation - not keeping the clean sheets, but as he says all you can do is go back to basics and don't over react. It might not come right, but it probably will.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
To be fair I wouldnt be as intrusive or petty as to comment on your personal life on this message board, but each to their own.

Another day , another beach for me. Far more active on here when I have little to do.

And no wind up intended in the first post , just my view take it or leave it.....

I'm not sure it's intrusive, but I apologise if that's how it's been taken.

I don't even look at FB most days, yet you were the first thing I saw when I opened it up this morning to schedule a post on NSC's FB page. The point, clearly clumsily made, was that you hadn't seen last night's game (and, possibly, you missed Saturday's too) but felt able to write us off.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here