Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Re Kraftwerk, does anyone have any ideas (or experience) as to whether it's better to go to the box office at 12 tomorrow or try online?

I phoned the box office but got a strange response, along the lines of 'We have tickets but there might be more people in the box office as there is a live show on that night and you would clutter it up, try at home as there are only 3 of us...You are bound to get them online' ??

I wouldn't bother going in person; I'd use this http://www.gigsandtours.com/tour/kraftwerk

Good luck!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Re Kraftwerk, does anyone have any ideas (or experience) as to whether it's better to go to the box office at 12 tomorrow or try online?

I phoned the box office but got a strange response, along the lines of 'We have tickets but there might be more people in the box office as there is a live show on that night and you would clutter it up, try at home as there are only 3 of us...You are bound to get them online' ??

You may save on booking fees if you pay in cash though.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
We've just got tickets too, which means that this will be our son's first concert. His ticket cost just over £60, but a babysitter would probably have cost half of that amount, so it's not quite so bad and it's hardly a bad act for a first proper gig.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thanks...was a doddle online...thats Brighton & Royal Albert Hall sorted...bring it on!

Likewise for Brighton only. Cheers [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION]

We've just got tickets too, which means that this will be our son's first concert. His ticket cost just over £60, but a babysitter would probably have cost half of that amount, so it's not quite so bad and it's hardly a bad act for a first proper gig.

Bravo gents! Great news.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I just came on this thread to post 'Did anyone see Girl Band at the Haunt?' Excellent - definitely one of the most exciting new bands around. Must have felt like that seeing Nirvana in their early days...

The Haunt. however, remains one of the worst venues in the country. Surely Brighton can do better?

Brighton can do better and does but it needs a similar size venue that's for sure. It's the worst venue in Brighton but I agree with James, the sound is pretty damn good (by the 2nd half of the set).

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Brighton can do better and does but it needs a similar size venue that's for sure. It's the worst venue in Brighton but I agree with James, the sound is pretty damn good (by the 2nd half of the set).

Yeah, no problem with the sound but the layout is terrible. Got sick of the place from going to the otherwise brilliant BSP Krankenhaus nights.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Also managed a Kraftwerk ticket. £62. In a section called 'Raised South' whatever that means?

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Also managed a Kraftwerk ticket. £62. In a section called 'Raised South' whatever that means?

Raise south stalls I think
image.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wonder if these bands are ever a bit embarrassed by the ticket prices. Not sure I'd ever pay £62. Surely the werk don't need the money?

Interesting questions.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Wonder if these bands are ever a bit embarrassed by the ticket prices. Not sure I'd ever pay £62. Surely the werk don't need the money?

On a broadly similar note, I wonder what their fee is.... Given the set up involved, I'd say there's a lot less margin in there for the promoter than there was paying £45 for cheap seats to see Billy Connolly in the same venue a month or so back.

Does anyone even know how much it costs to use The Brighton Centre?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

As a one off I am happy to pay £62. Guessing that Kraftwerk are not going to be touring very much longer it feels like a bit of an event. Most bands I see come well under the £20 mark with live music still being relatively cheap as a night out. It now costs more to go to the cinema than it does say most evenings at The Haunt/ Green Door Store/Albert etc.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here