Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kermogant’s tackle

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
It's now on the highlights on seagull player. Nailed on red. He went for the player and not the ball.

And then there was the gamesmanship afterwards. Reading were not ready with their substitution so Kermogant walked all the way back to talk to the ref thereby gaining Reading time to sort out bringing on that 7'11" lump of a defender. That was Reading for me today....little niggly fouls and shirt pulls (not to mention trying to con the officials) They played some decent stuff...not much but some but it's the cheating that I will remember

Jaap Stam team innit.

theboybilly

Disgusting tackle and everyone in the ground saw what was coming, made even worse by Kermorgant trying to justify it to the ref and then complaining about the previous 'foul' on him by Rosenior.

The referee (a premier league referee i might add!) totally missed another new rule that has been put in place. No question, it should have been a red card. However as he booked him and Rosenior needed treatment, Kermorgant should have gone off at the side. The new rule is if a foul warrants a yellow card and the fouled player needs treatment, then the player who caused the foul (and was booked) has to go off too.

I think the new Law actually states that this is one occasion that an injured player is NOT required to leave the field of play after an opponent is cautioned as long as the assessment/treatment of the injury takes place quickly. This is to end the situations (deemed unfair) that an opposing side has a brief numerical advantage while the injured player gets treatment off the pitch. There is no requirement for the offending opponent to leave the field of play too. (as I read it)

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
This is exactly why Reading are up in my top three despised teams. Every single time I've seen them play they've wasted time from the off, committed snide little fouls and some not so snide and their fans are relentlessly churlish.

That whole thing last season before our game with them "You might be top but that's because you haven't played any decent teams yet". Yes, Reading, because you lot are such a powerhouse in this division.

Hate them, hate them, hate them.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Disgusting tackle and everyone in the ground saw what was coming, made even worse by Kermorgant trying to justify it to the ref and then complaining about the previous 'foul' on him by Rosenior.

The referee (a premier league referee i might add!) totally missed another new rule that has been put in place. No question, it should have been a red card. However as he booked him and Rosenior needed treatment, Kermorgant should have gone off at the side. The new rule is if a foul warrants a yellow card and the fouled player needs treatment, then the player who caused the foul (and was booked) has to go off too.

That would seem pretty stupid to me, if it is genuinely a new rule... creates a perfect opportunity for a fight to break out on the touchline!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think the new Law actually states that this is one occasion that an injured player is NOT required to leave the field of play after an opponent is cautioned as long as the assessment/treatment of the injury takes place quickly. This is to end the situations (deemed unfair) that an opposing side has a brief numerical advantage while the injured player gets treatment off the pitch. There is no requirement for the offending opponent to leave the field of play too. (as I read it)

THIS is the new rule. It only relates to the injured player not having to leave the field if the foul committed warranted a yellow card. No reference to the offender leaving the field.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Kermogants high fiving his pal after the tackle should be dealt with as bringing the game into disrepute, because if that's the sort of thing kids see happening in the game then what does the future hold?

The FA have the most appropriate initials of any organisation in the world.

Reading Fan

Aug 22, 2016
Good afternoon Brighton and Hove Albion fans or should I say Reading & Hove Albion. Half your team consist of ex Reading players (Sidwell, Norwood, Rosenior & Murray). That's probably why you're so good these days.

I just thought I'd come on and say that I was absolutely disgusted with Kermorgant on Saturday. I had a clear view of everything that took place and I was not impressed with him at all.

Rosenior gave him a little elbow to the ribs a moment earlier which the referee should have punished but let go. So Yann decided to take justice into his own hands and as soon as Rosenior had the ball and Yann started sprinting after him, you could see exactly what was on Kermie's mind. A premeditated assault on a Brighton player. Yann should have got a straight red for that challenge. It was sickening really. He could have ended Rosenior's season.

A few minutes later, Sidwell landed one on the back of Kermie's head and Kermie just had to accept the punishment. He knew he deserved it and he knew that what he did moments earlier was horrible and much worse.

I hope Rosenior is alright and as a Reading fan, I apologise on his behalf. Very disappointing behaviour from Kermorgant to be honest. I think he regretted the challenge afterwards. I don't think he expected it to end Rosenior's match. The hot headed southern european.

It was a good game though, we're gonna struggle this season, but you look a class outfit. Hopefully you'll go all the way this year.

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
Good afternoon Brighton and Hove Albion fans or should I say Reading & Hove Albion. Half your team consist of ex Reading players (Sidwell, Norwood, Rosenior & Murray). That's probably why you're so good these days.

I just thought I'd come on and say that I was absolutely disgusted with Kermorgant on Saturday. I had a clear view of everything that took place and I was not impressed with him at all.

Rosenior gave him a little elbow to the ribs a moment earlier which the referee should have punished but let go. So Yann decided to take justice into his own hands and as soon as Rosenior had the ball and Yann started sprinting after him, you could see exactly what was on Kermie's mind. A premeditated assault on a Brighton player. Yann should have got a straight red for that challenge. It was sickening really. He could have ended Rosenior's season.

A few minutes later, Sidwell landed one on the back of Kermie's head and Kermie just had to accept the punishment. He knew he deserved it and he knew that what he did moments earlier was horrible and much worse.

I hope Rosenior is alright and as a Reading fan, I apologise on his behalf. Very disappointing behaviour from Kermorgant to be honest. I think he regretted the challenge afterwards. I don't think he expected it to end Rosenior's match. The hot headed southern european.

It was a good game though, we're gonna struggle this season, but you look a class outfit. Hopefully you'll go all the way this year.

Just for the record, Murray and Sidwell were at the Albion before they stepped down to help Reading progress onto bigger things.
Other than that, I think you make a fair assessment but, the Reading player in question should be making the apology, not you, but then, I certainly don't expect that, do you

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here