Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hastings Old Town - very impressed

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Can you recommend a good pub / restaurant for lunch / dinner? Me and the Mrs are there on Friday before going off to Herstmonceux for an owl flying experience.

Lunch - The Crown on All Saints Street
Dinner - Porters on The High Street

The F.I.L.O at the north of the Hight Street is worth looking at too.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
Ihave to support Hastings Old town as my step daughter has a shop in George Street, she is the Glass Sculpturess(free ad there Michelle)but I do prefer Eastbourne and Rye

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Can you recommend a good pub / restaurant for lunch / dinner? Me and the Mrs are there on Friday before going off to Herstmonceux for an owl flying experience.

I always enjoy Porters for a decent meal, good atmosphere. If you want pub menu then Hastings Arms is pretty good.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I live in sedlescombe a few miles from Hastings. The area is getting better and better. Being much cheaper to buy a house than Brighton its getting its own influx of new comers especially the gay community. With their disposable income and their "better" attention to detail the town is benefiting greatly.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I live in sedlescombe a few miles from Hastings. The area is getting better and better. Being much cheaper to buy a house than Brighton its getting its own influx of new comers especially the gay community. With their disposable income and their "better" attention to detail the town is benefiting greatly.

Yes, you certainly get more for your money, property-wise here and if you like continental travel, then it is just one hour to the Tunnel max and 75 minutes to Dover -quicker at night! Two of my relatives are in the old bill, and they constantly say that the Police do not get called out to unsavoury incidents nearly to the same extent now as in the past.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Where's the best fish and chip shop in Hastings /St Leonards? Staying Friday evening and need some fuel for the Saturday Parkrun.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Where's the best fish and chip shop in Hastings /St Leonards? Staying Friday evening and need some fuel for the Saturday Parkrun.

Kings in Kings Rd St Leonards was always good. Haven't been for a while though. There was always a queue there which is a good sign.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here