Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peacehaven win again

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
don't quote me as I'm a mere "customer" and am not officially linked to the club, by my understanding is if we win, we're up. There is work to do over the summer I believe the league are being quite understanding and giving us time, we need to concrete over a few areas and give the refs room a lick of paint so no issues there but we do need to install a few more seats, another 100 I think. Grants might be available,.I don't know. Despite what our bitter opponents (Leatherhead and Hastings in particular) say (usually after a defeat), we haven't got any money. we need people through the door

You'll probably also need to change a few floodlight bulbs!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
How have Peacehaven managed to progress in recent seasons - is there a backer with money?

I remember them having an all conquering team about 15 years ago, then, as is typical in local football, Burgess Hill who had always been crap, suddenly had money & poached Peacehaven's best players en masse one close-season.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
don't quote me as I'm a mere "customer" and am not officially linked to the club, by my understanding is if we win, we're up. There is work to do over the summer I believe the league are being quite understanding and giving us time, we need to concrete over a few areas and give the refs room a lick of paint so no issues there but we do need to install a few more seats, another 100 I think. Grants might be available,.I don't know. Despite what our bitter opponents (Leatherhead and Hastings in particular) say (usually after a defeat), we haven't got any money. we need people through the door

The referees room isn't that bad! Quite small, and probably needs another shower, but it's the first proper changing room that I refereed in! I've seen Peacehaven a few times, and it's good to see them doing well, almost as well as I did on FM!

How have Peacehaven managed to progress in recent seasons - is there a backer with money?

I remember them having an all conquering team about 15 years ago, then, as is typical in local football, Burgess Hill who had always been crap, suddenly had money & poached Peacehaven's best players en masse one close-season.

Alan Pook was the manager then, as it is at that level, the manager goes, they all go. There is no money at Peacehaven at present despite what bitter Hastings '£200,000 FA cup money' United try and tell you!

Rock Lobster

Dec 2, 2010
Hastings
There is no money at Peacehaven at present despite what bitter Hastings '£200,000 FA cup money' United try and tell you!

Piss poor attendances, yet able to fund a league winning side and fly up the leagues, seems a bit Whitehawk-esque to me... You may deny that there's any money, but you can't blame people for questioning.

Bitter? I think most Hastings fans would congratulate if you win the league (and you probably will) and bar one or two remarks on the forum there were a few complimentary comments about your side.

Piss poor attendances, yet able to fund a league winning side and fly up the leagues, seems a bit Whitehawk-esque to me... You may deny that there's any money, but you can't blame people for questioning.

Why cant I? I didn't start accusing Leatherhead of 'flashing the cash' when they were top of the league. 'Fly up the leagues' good one. we've been toying with promotion for years, Shaun Saunders has got a great young side going. We'll see how we do next season (IF we go up) If we 'Fly up that league' I'll start asking where the money's come from. Trevor McCreedy transferred from Peacehaven to Hastings, I wonder if he took a pay cut?

one of my favourite always today, Burgess Hill, friendly club, pro Albion, good comments about us, nice chat with Capt. Dodge and a 2-1 win to boot.

(Big hand to the BH keeper who turned round and replied to our 'Ultras' "what are you then?" When they sung 'small town near Brighton..' We wouldn't have known otherwise!)

Anyway good luck to BH and hope they win the play offs (unless we're in them)

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Recently bought a house in Peacehaven. I might pop along the next non Albion day. Glory hunter. :)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Was there today as daughter was one of the mascots. Burgess Hill had a massive percentage of the ball but didn't have the firepower up front. Only the second time I've been along and it's a (literally) refreshing experience to drink in sight of the pitch!

now so many points clear at the top I've lost count!!!! (this'll comment might come back to haunt me!)

anyway if you want to see the leaders in action:

TODAY (22/3/14) Home V Guernsey 12.45ko

MONDAY (24/3/14) V Worthing SSC semi (AT LANCING FC) 730ko

WEDS (26/3/14)HOME V Crawley Down Gatwick 745ko

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here