Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We need a new derogatory term for those gimps that sprint out of the Amex

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
What if you're going to the toilet but are mistaken for leaving the ground?

I imagine that would be tough to live with.

Ahh yes I agree, but don’t let that get in the way of the tedious bore who started this thread.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Question for the OP:

Would you rather:

a) People left early. Or
b) Wait until final whistle, then run for the train?

I never leave before the end of the match but often run because I live 55 miles away and missing my train from Brighton is a massive pain in the ****, especially midweek.

If you think that deserves some kind of derogatory abuse, then **** you.

Last edited:

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, may I propose the derogatory term GUMPS...

giphy.gif
Must be lovely never to have other commitments

No shift to get to, no family to make dinner for, no dog to walk...

Meanwhile, back in the real world

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It's a shame the transport issues at the Amex haven't really improved. There's still a lot of waiting around. I can understand why some people would sacrifice the last few minutes to avoid feeling like a tin of sardines in the freezing cold.
An underground tunnel linked up with Brighton station, only used for match days, is the obvious solution.
Get your money out Bloom. Enough is enough!

We really need to reduce the capacity to 20k, have 30k at games is far to inconvenient

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Really? Strange how we score in the last five/ten minutes when the players are at their lowest ebb because people are leaving the stadium. What a load of :shit::shit: They play for the money, not the shirt! :ffsparr:

You patronising lump of shit, how would you feel if you'd performed your heart out in Quadrophenia The Musical for two hours at the Theatre Royal, you walk out for a curtain call and the theatre's now two thirds empty? But no that'd be fine because you've got your pay check and it's not as though you were performing for the fish tailed parka on your back in any case. Some fvcking people!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"must get to the train first"

giphy.gif

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
You need to have a serious word with yourself Tom if you think calling the early leavers by a derogatory term is actually going to stop them leaving early.

We get a thread about early leavers after nearly every home match and has it stopped people leaving early? Of course it hasn't.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
A lot of people seem to be taking this thread far too seriously. Surely the comedy value fo the phrase to Gump is what was intended. I don't think the OP was really trying to insult anyone. After all being called a gumper for running for a train/bus/car is hardly very insulting is it.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
A lot of people seem to be taking this thread far too seriously. Surely the comedy value fo the phrase to Gump is what was intended. I don't think the OP was really trying to insult anyone. After all being called a gumper for running for a train/bus/car is hardly very insulting is it.

No, it just adds to the NSC lexicon, I think we should also have a term for those that whinge about early leavers, Remoaners is taken unfortunately, but could be appropriated.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
just the type of thread which lets NSC down every season ticket holder has paid at least £500 for their ticket which in the current climate is a lot of money when everyone has bills to pay which are more important. Why does it really matter to others if someone leaves 5 mins before the end for example you might have health problems which means you cant run for the train or park and ride buses. I love NSC however sometimes posters are very self righteous aboiut others. I stay until approx 90th minute and not in the best of health and make absolutely no apology for leaving a tad early to save myself standing in cold waiting for a park and ride bus in case i miss the first one.

Agree with this. I walk slowly with a stick and have to leave a few minutes early so I can get the train to Eastbourne of I have to attempt to stand for a long time to wait for the next one which I find almost impossible to do

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
What's interesting is what those people do with the extra time they have saved once they are the first ones home from the match.

Have sex? No.

Study school assignments? No

Talk to the family and enjoy their company? No

Call your mother/father? No

Get much needed sleep? No

Turn on the telly and see what happened at the end of the match they just departed? YES

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What's interesting is what those people do with the extra time they have saved once they are the first ones home from the match.

Have sex? No.

Study school assignments? No

Talk to the family and enjoy their company? No

Call your mother/father? No

Get much needed sleep? No

Turn on the telly and see what happened at the end of the match they just departed? YES

Creepy.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Just astonished that no-one on this thread seems to realise that people who run for the train may not be early leavers. Are people moaning at people who leave early or people who wait till the end of the match and then run? It's not the same thing!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here