Votes: 252 96.2%
  • Accidental

Votes: 10 3.8%

• Total voters

LowerWesty

LowerWesty
Aug 16, 2012
Hassocks
If you think you've stepped on something, like the cat, you instinctively lift your foot and take your weight on the other. Unless of course you meant to do it. Ipso facto, I rest my case.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Who's going to own up to voting accidental. Unless Dyche or Barton look on this forum can't see anyone else voting that way.

Initially I thought it was intentional. The more I look at it the more I see Kayals leg go higher so Barton can't get over it. However I think he could have had a softer landing on Kayal's leg and did ensure his full weight was behind it. So unintentional contact but made the most of the opportunity.

Barton was very very clever with trying to 'hide' both incidents a) immediately bending down to pick up the ball after Kayal stamp and b) laying face down on the ground after the elbow - if ever anything indicated he was guilty that was it and he was probably expecting a red and MUST have been more surprised than anyone the ref let him off the hook again and again and again.

The bloke is a smug thug and hopefully one day someone will dish out in spades what he deserves ..... hopefully Kayal has friends in Mossad!!!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
These guys do very little accidentally. It was Barton's leading foot, it made no attempt whatsoever to reach out and follow the ball, was just intent on stomping Kayal's leg. (It's like the Rooney stomp of yesteryear. Nothing whatsoever accidental about it). Kayal was just too good for him. And too hard for him. Douche patently sent Barton out with orders to neutralise Kayal. He failed.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Barton made sure the knee was under the miuddle of his boot before stamping down - intentional.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Looks fairly blatant from that video.

Always has been a horrible tosser, Remember he stuck a lit cigar in a team mates eye once, says all you need to know about Barton.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Who's going to own up to voting accidental. Unless Dyche or Barton look on this forum can't see anyone else voting that way.

There are quite a few Burnley fans on here recently, I can only assume it was them :shrug:

happygull

Dec 28, 2011
Dermot Gallagher's view for Sky Sports Ref Watch

MATCH: Brighton v Burnley, Saturday

INCIDENT: Beram Kayal appeared to be stamped on by Joey Barton but the Burnley midfielder was not booked for the challenge.

GALLAGHER'S VERDICT: Red card

Joey Barton was not sent off despite planting his studs on Beram Kayal
GALLAGHER'S VIEW: The pictures paint a very bad picture. He [Barton] was at it all game. I was surprised he wasn't subjected to strong disciplinary action.

Hmmmmmmm guilty as sin your honour

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
No question about it, he meant the stamp and elbow.
Its just the officials seemed to adopt the Wenger approach to the above events :tosser:

Ron Manager

Oooh, wasn't it?
Sep 14, 2015
Lentil Alley
Intentional and cowardly.

I shall incur wrath for saying it but I hope he gets what will come to him and it hurts.

Twunt.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Barton's been at it for years.
He thrives on the attention, and he's sure getting some on here !
100% wind up merchant :)

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Barton's been at it for years.
He thrives on the attention, and he's sure getting some on here !
100% wind up merchant :)

Pot calling the kettle black, a Palace troll with over 2,500 posts to his name on this site accusing anyone else of attention-seeking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here