Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

João Teixeira: ‘Brighton has been good but my dream is to play for Liverpool’

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Agree completely. Some games he has been the best Albion player I've ever seen but at other times it's been hard to believe he's the same person..

Consistency is the key to his future success and potentially he can be a real superstar of the future

Is this your inaugural season?

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
He is 22 so close to his physical peak and whilst he has improved this year i think he is miles away from making any premiership team on a regular basis. Lets face it, he has been OK in a very poor Brighton team this season.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Good article. Right now I'd make Teixeira my Player of The Season, chances are he'll finish as top scorer and top assists, and for a young player from Portugal in a mediocre side that's some achievement.

Reading the comments here that he might not cut it in the Prem is reminiscent of similar comments about Murray and Barnes. I think he'll do okay in the Prem.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It maybe not the cool thing to say on here but I think Tex has shown enough quality to give himself a chance at Liverpool
At a future point in time.

But there's no way that'll happen anytime soon, like next season.

I guess his progression would indicate a loan spell next season with a Swansea type club.
Another year older, wiser and tougher should bring him along.

But right here and now, if I were Liverpool and could only take one 'youngest' away from the Albion I'd take Ince.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Fair enough. Ask any player in our team they'd want to play for them not us, let alone someone on loan from Liverpool.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Given that the extent of his Liverpool career seems to have been 15 mins as a sub, I'd suggest that Brighton fans would have a much better idea of his potential. Had this guy ever seen him play?

For what it's worth, I don't think he's good enough to be a Liverpool player.

Yes he had a few times last year when he was out on loan and again this year with brighton. Well no doubt he takes into account brighton fans views on him when making his mind up.

But no you are right he is totally shit and stands out as a dreadful player. Get rid and lets get someone else in to kiss the badge ...I can't wait

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Good article. Right now I'd make Teixeira my Player of The Season, chances are he'll finish as top scorer and top assists, and for a young player from Portugal in a mediocre side that's some achievement.

Reading the comments here that he might not cut it in the Prem is reminiscent of similar comments about Murray and Barnes. I think he'll do okay in the Prem.

Heracy How very dare you. You know that people on here have the finger on the pulse...

Sheesh...

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Yes he had a few times last year when he was out on loan and again this year with brighton. Well no doubt he takes into account brighton fans views on him when making his mind up.

But no you are right he is totally shit and stands out as a dreadful player. Get rid and lets get someone else in to kiss the badge ...I can't wait

Interesting reaction, I must say. You do realise that there's quite a spectrum in ability between 'totally shit' and being good enough to get into the 25 man squad of one of the top 5 teams in the country? Brighton would be somewhere on that spectrum, so I hope that we can get him back longer term.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

I don't think he will play for Liverpool but he isn't crap either:moo:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
He is too FLIMSY to be a DECENT Premier League player

Totally agree............................I like him a lot but good defenders will just push him off the ball. On top of that his shooting is quite weak, he doesn't seem to be able to generate a lot of power and that not only restricts his shooting but also his ability to cross the ball or play long passes.

All that said, he has been a great acquisition to us this year so for that I thank the young man and wish him every success in the future but before you go, win us a couple of more games between now and the end of the season.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
He's some way off Liverpool's first team but can you imagine this season without Tex? It's been grim enough as it is. Love watching him - even when he struggles to impose himself.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
He has looked average in an average team, hasn't got it for me, but best of luck. See him in the same vein as Lingard, big clubs just touting them out trying to get a price for them.

Lingard started for Man U in the first game of the season but got injured early on in it.

I think Tex could be in the Liverpool team next season. He has stood out in a poor team so should be better playing in a better team. He will just have to make the most of his chance in pre season to prove himsef.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Played through the middle rather than wide, he has been fantastic for 2/3rds of this season. He's been inconsistent at times but that's to be expected given it's his first extended period of first team football. He can be bullied at times, and sometimes over plays rather than releasing it after beating one man, but there's a couple of chaps called Raheem Sterling and Philippe Coutinho at Liverpool who aren't huge hulking blokes...They manage. I'm not saying he's necessarily going to get to that level, but they're there to learn from. Anybody saying he's been average or, god forbid, not very good - has been watching a different team and a different player. He's had the odd shit game but for me should be in the running for POTY.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Good little footballer but not good enough to compensate for his lack of strength in English football.

Would be staggered if he made more than a couple of 10 min sub starts in the League Cup for Liverpool.

Could play at the top level in Portugal but probably no higher than lower champ in England.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Good little footballer but not good enough to compensate for his lack of strength in English football.

Would be staggered if he made more than a couple of 10 min sub starts in the League Cup for Liverpool.

Could play at the top level in Portugal but probably no higher than lower champ in England.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Interesting reaction, I must say. You do realise that there's quite a spectrum in ability between 'totally shit' and being good enough to get into the 25 man squad of one of the top 5 teams in the country? Brighton would be somewhere on that spectrum, so I hope that we can get him back longer term.

You obviously haven't been on nsc for many years..if you would you will know that a player is either messi's better brother or a completely shit excuse for a player..witness MURRAY, barnes, CMS, Gerry fell, andy Richie, garry Williams, Sergei gotsmanov, chris Hutchins et al.

There is no such thing as a balanced and even response to a player. Tsk tsk shame on you

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here