Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's been a silly **** today?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
My Dad got the train down from Bolton with his new Mrs to see Peter Kay at the O2 a couple of years ago. They'd had a nightmare getting down as it was apparently a 'leaning train' and she'd been yakking up all the way down...

He calls me up, all excited, to tell me I didn't know what I was talking about when I said the O2 was a 'bunfight' for eating and drinking when a concert was on. He was waxing lyrical about walking straight into the restaurant, getting served straight away, being first at the bar and so on. He even commented how quiet the car parks were outside.

Yes. He was exactly ONE YEAR early, to the day :facepalm:

On the plus side, he gave me the tickets as his Mrs refused to do the train journey again.

Nearly done this in the last month. Michael McIntyre at the Brighton Centre in May. Tickets still available so got a couple. Wrote it in the diary and everything. It's 2018.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Drove to Oxford to see Mrs T's friend's bit of choreographed dance performance (modern ballet kid of thing) couple of years ago. We were a month early. :wrong:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Not at all, it's just that the story would have worked just as well if you had put "car" instead of "CLS". Why did you put "CLS", why not "car" or even " Mercedes" particularly when several people don't even know what you are talking about? And you are assuming that you have a better car than me...:kiss:

Because, believe it or not, I automatically say CLS without even thinking about it. There's a thing.

Eric Potts

Jul 26, 2004
Top o' Hanover
Yep. Stepped off a kerb while looking into the far distance, turned my ankle and ended up on all fours in the road. :blush:

49 years of age, and pretty sure I haven't fallen over (sober) since childhood.

Silly ****! :dunce:

You are now of an age when people say you " had a fall " , rather than " fell "

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Because, believe it or not, I automatically say CLS without even thinking about it. There's a thing.

Really..What car do you drive ?? Answer CLS !!! We now know you drive a Mercedes CLS which by googling I see has a starting price of near £50k. But yours now has skirting removed by backing out !!!
Thanks for letting us know !!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Really..What car do you drive ?? Answer CLS !!! We now know you drive a Mercedes CLS which by googling I see has a starting price of near £50k. But yours now has skirting removed by backing out !!!
Thanks for letting us know !!

There definitely seems to be some sort of underclass going on here. FFS! I have a car, I am sincerely sorry for pointing out what I own. I apologise for offending anyone. Three little letters and some of you go apeshit. This can be a strange place sometimes.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I was on holiday in Spain with a friend, we saw a poster (in Catalan) for a football match. I managed to work out it was 11am kick off so we went along ..... two hours and several cold cans of Estrella later ..... we got to watch the under 11s play football .... there were some very competitive papas watching too

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
There definitely seems to be some sort of underclass going on here. FFS! I have a car, I am sincerely sorry for pointing out what I own. I apologise for offending anyone. Three little letters and some of you go apeshit. This can be a strange place sometimes.

Perhaps if you`d said "Car" in the first place all would have understood..Don`t think you`ve offended anyone though...

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Yep. Drove to Gatwick to collect no. 2 son from his hols. I was a day too early!
However, I did bump into a very healthy looking Connor Goldson in the car park.

You could have figured out where they were dropping the cars for movement around Gatwick and had yourself a new car for a week or so.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Perhaps if you`d said "Car" in the first place all would have understood..Don`t think you`ve offended anyone though...

Are you just repeating what has been said a dozen times? Yes, car, not make of car, my humblest of humble apologies.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Are you just repeating what has been said a dozen times? Yes, car, not make of car, my humblest of humble apologies.

Once has DB9 50 front tyre burst having failed to look after it, ended up in the hedge.

The envies will hate that.

For those that don't know a DB950 is a very old tractor made by David Brown, the same man who owned Aston Martin

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
There definitely seems to be some sort of underclass going on here.

Can assure you people here drive far better cars than that piece of shit you drive.... It's not jealousy, it's you coming across as desperately trying to fit in to the middle class and failing badly

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Can assure you people here drive far better cars than that piece of shit you drive.... It's not jealousy, it's you coming across as desperately trying to fit in to the middle class and failing badly

I'm so glad you know me so well. Thanks for the autopsy. I agree car wise.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
I get the feeling you are a bit angry with life.

Not at all matey. Merely making observation, no offense intended!

You making a thread about your "CLS" and then talking about under-classes comes across loud and clear!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here