Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So you are just going to disregard all the games leading up to the Palace match and then score that down as a definite win for them...But in the same breath decide that all the other results of our games are "unknown". If Palace was our next game then your post would actually make sense, but they are not...We are playing away at Everton on Saturday and they are away at Chelsea, I believe.

Your hypothetical world is messed-up as there is even a chance they could be catch us before we goto Selhurst...Or we could be completely our of their grasp.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

So, let's get this right. A few mintes ago you were 'Westminster' and now you are 'Rustington'. Helecopter? Nice job!

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Yes, because that's what it means when you say "IF they beat us".

Yes, because we don't know the other results, and it would be too long winded to go through each possible scenario of every game between now and then. There are too many possibilities to consider.

By Jove, I think he has finally got it!...There are too many possibilities to consider which is why it is doubtful (although not impossible) that there will be a 7 point gap between the teams when we meet...Therefore they would not close to within 4 points of us with a victory.

While those scenarios are both possible, the hypothetical point stands. The point is, it wouldn't take a lot for them to overtake us, particularly if they beat us. That's it, a simple point.

Or maybe you haven't got it...Your point that they could easily overtake us by beating us is irrelevant as could just as easily be even further ahead by the time we meet. They have Chelsea away next and as for us, after Everton we have a couple of kind home fixtures.

The only way your point might have stood is if you had put a caveat in saying that us and Palace both match each others results upto the game at their place...

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
By Jove, I think he has finally got it!
What?
There are too many possibilities to consider which is why it is doubtful (although not impossible) that there will be a 7 point gap between the teams when we meet...Therefore they would not close to within 4 points of us with a victory.
:facepalm: Holy shit, you're too stupid for me to keep trying to explain.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Luckily, I am allowed to go home after work...And "a few minutes ago"? My first post was sometime this afternoon.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Lol!

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
What?
:facepalm: Holy shit, you're too stupid for me to keep trying to explain.

Ha-ha, this is brilliant...You are calling me stupid but you are the one who originally said that a Palace win will put them within 4 points of us with 8 games left to play.

Now, I have read some proper nonsense on here over the years but this is impressive...Keep it up.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
According to Roy he is running but not doing twists and turns. This was a week ago. Read the Zaha thread on BBS

On the mend.

They are sparing no expense here. Tom Daley is coming up to help him re-tune the most important part of his game.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
It only belongs there if you were not involved in it, because you don't understand it

Oh I was involved in it alright, every ugly inch of the way. From those mid 70's days in the 3rd Div. Mullery, Venables, Horton, Ward, Cannon, Harkouk, Stamford Bridge, Ron Challis. From the seeds of antagonism to full blown hatred. Been there, got the tee-shirt. Chased, attacked, punched, showered in spit or hit by coins. Seen widespread, needless and moronic vandalism. Out of control fans on the rampage, looking for trouble. The 5 penalties, the 0-5, St Patricks Day, play off misery to current. I would say I was involved in it ( ps were you? ) and I'm afraid I do understand it. You see, I was there before it all started. So I and many others have a different perspective on it. We could see the origins of it. It was born out of a desire for rivalry and violence. Adolescent BHA fans envied Pompey/Saints, Arsenal/Tottenham, Liverpool/Everton. Our natural neutrality didn't sit comfortably with them. They wanted a focus. It could easily not have happened. It wasn't planned or designed. It was just pure chance that Mullery and Venables both took their first managerial posts at clubs in the same division. We both progressed rapidly and similarly, on an upward path together and kept playing each other. The two men disliked each other and the fans picked up on this. This resentment festered and grew. It is a rivalry built on incredibly fragile foundations. There is no geographical justification ( and please don't tell me we are linked by the A23....thats like saying MKDons are linked to Leicester by the M1 ) I get the feeling that quite a number of fans are bored with it all now. The boorishness, the ugliness, the banality of it.
Oh I understand it alright. I get it. I've had it in bucketloads over the years and it just bores me to tears. Sadly, too many want to perpetuate the ugliness and if thats what excites them more than anything else in their lives, so be it.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Oh I was involved in it alright, every ugly inch of the way. From those mid 70's days in the 3rd Div. Mullery, Venables, Horton, Ward, Cannon, Harkouk, Stamford Bridge, Ron Challis. From the seeds of antagonism to full blown hatred. Been there, got the tee-shirt. Chased, attacked, punched, showered in spit or hit by coins. Seen widespread, needless and moronic vandalism. Out of control fans on the rampage, looking for trouble. The 5 penalties, the 0-5, St Patricks Day, play off misery to current. I would say I was involved in it ( ps were you? ) and I'm afraid I do understand it. You see, I was there before it all started. So I and many others have a different perspective on it. We could see the origins of it. It was born out of a desire for rivalry and violence. Adolescent BHA fans envied Pompey/Saints, Arsenal/Tottenham, Liverpool/Everton. Our natural neutrality didn't sit comfortably with them. They wanted a focus. It could easily not have happened. It wasn't planned or designed. It was just pure chance that Mullery and Venables both took their first managerial posts at clubs in the same division. We both progressed rapidly and similarly, on an upward path together and kept playing each other. The two men disliked each other and the fans picked up on this. This resentment festered and grew. It is a rivalry built on incredibly fragile foundations. There is no geographical justification ( and please don't tell me we are linked by the A23....thats like saying MKDons are linked to Leicester by the M1 ) I get the feeling that quite a number of fans are bored with it all now. The boorishness, the ugliness, the banality of it.
Oh I understand it alright. I get it. I've had it in bucketloads over the years and it just bores me to tears. Sadly, too many want to perpetuate the ugliness and if thats what excites them more than anything else in their lives, so be it.

Well said, I can quite honestly say away from the football pitch and Internet fourms, I've never meet a Brighton fan who I didn't like and once the first bit of piss taking is over we can sit and talk football, which is more than I can do with any Chelsea or moan United fan.

Maybe I never really got this forced hatred between the two clubs ??

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008

I was there too, growing up with it, living it, sleeping it and dreaming about it.

I hate everything about that club, and always will.

There are still 1000's who feel the same.

I just loved it, some will understand, some wont, hey ho onwards and upwards.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Will they rush him back?

He's in training and Woy said he may be in contention for Saturday, looking at the stats I think they see him as a talisman?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He's in training
As he should be, no?
and Woy said he may be in contention for Saturday
That's just a poor effort to try and disguise from the opposition what team will play. Palace wouldn't expect much from a trip to Chelsea anyway, I doubt very much that he'll play tomorrow.

looking at the stats I think they see him as a talisman?
Yes I'd think so, and if games go against them (theirs and rivals) and they become desperate for points there will be the temptation for them to rush him back, but that doesn't mean they will. You suggested they definitely are rushing him back.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Oh I was involved in it alright, every ugly inch of the way. From those mid 70's days in the 3rd Div. Mullery, Venables, Horton, Ward, Cannon, Harkouk, Stamford Bridge, Ron Challis. From the seeds of antagonism to full blown hatred. Been there, got the tee-shirt. Chased, attacked, punched, showered in spit or hit by coins. Seen widespread, needless and moronic vandalism. Out of control fans on the rampage, looking for trouble. The 5 penalties, the 0-5, St Patricks Day, play off misery to current. I would say I was involved in it ( ps were you? )
Which makes calling it 'our little spat' a bit odd.

You see, I was there before it all started. So I and many others have a different perspective on it. We could see the origins of it. It was born out of a desire for rivalry and violence. Adolescent BHA fans envied Pompey/Saints, Arsenal/Tottenham, Liverpool/Everton. Our natural neutrality didn't sit comfortably with them. They wanted a focus. It could easily not have happened. It wasn't planned or designed. It was just pure chance that Mullery and Venables both took their first managerial posts at clubs in the same division. We both progressed rapidly and similarly, on an upward path together and kept playing each other. The two men disliked each other and the fans picked up on this. This resentment festered and grew. It is a rivalry built on incredibly fragile foundations.
Most rivalries are based on fragile foundations. Sure there are some occasions where people's jobs (like dockyards) have been at stake due to local competitors, but most aren't built on much.

There is no geographical justification
So if you grow up in the north part of Sussex, which team are you supposed to support? You seem to have turned up to this discussion without your map.

I get the feeling that quite a number of fans are bored with it all now. The boorishness, the ugliness, the banality of it.
No problem, they can feel free to ignore it.
Oh I understand it alright. I get it. I've had it in bucketloads over the years and it just bores me to tears.
Sounds more of a personal issue for you, rather than anything linked to our clubs.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well said, I can quite honestly say away from the football pitch and Internet fourms, I've never meet a Brighton fan who I didn't like and once the first bit of piss taking is over we can sit and talk football
Which applies to Spurs and Arsenal fans, and Liverpool and Everton fans etc.

EDIT - I see there's a new thread on the forum from a 49 year old Millwall fan who's trying to raise money for a young girl with cancer, who's from a West Ham family. He hates West Ham, but says "Due to having many West Ham friends who I have wound up over the years..."

We're allowed to hate other clubs, and still get on with someone who supports that team.

Last edited:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Although we cannot be the side that technically sends them down, I would absolutely love to be the team that pretty well hits the last nail into the coffin. Would feel a little bit like an exorcism.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

'An Apollo spokesman, Charles V. Zehren, said Mr. Harris was not involved in the decision to loan money to Kushner's Companies. He said the loan “went through the firm’s standard approval process. He went on to explain that, “Mr Harris was far to busy helping Brit Steve Parish f*ck up the transfer policy of their English soccerball team, to waste time on sorting out the Trump golden boy's pocket money problem “. '

:lolol:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
. Palace wouldn't expect much from a trip to Chelsea anyway, I doubt very much that he'll play tomorrow.

You would think so but speaking to a Chelsea fan at work, CP have done quite well at Stamford Bridge in recent seasons.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You would think so but speaking to a Chelsea fan at work, CP have done quite well at Stamford Bridge in recent seasons.
Sure, but they're in the relegation zone at the moment and have a number of other players out too.

Of course anything can happen, they nearly beat Utd without Zaha in that team too. I say nearly :lol:

As games run out, I can imagine them rushing him back if they felt they had to, but tomorrow? Surely not, that would be too daft even for them.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sure, but they're in the relegation zone at the moment and have a number of other players out too.

Of course anything can happen, they nearly beat Utd without Zaha in that team too. I say nearly :lol:

As games run out, I can imagine them rushing him back if they felt they had to, but tomorrow? Surely not, that would be too daft even for them.

Yeah, I'm going to go with your views on this one. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here