Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Touching-up v Snowflakes

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
There's only you and dingodan who keep repeating it was only holding hands and hands on the back.
He is even trying to say the women called that sexual harassment.

When you say that men were hand holding and putting there hands on women's lower backs - and other forms of sexual harassment, then you are saying that those things are sexual harassment.

That was what the journalist said in her interview.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
She wasn't a waitress nor a hostess. She did an act as Marilyn Monroe.

And that's what you took away from her interview is it?

You have no interest in the truth only in winning an argument, truth be damned.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
The most likely reason they were asked to wear black underwear is that white or other coloured underwear could have clashed with the dress (think bra straps, revealing bits on the sides, etc.)

Or do you have some other theory about why this instruction was made? Why exactly should it have been a tell-tale signal that they'd have to put up with unwanted touching?

Yeah I have a theory, and no they shouldnt have to endure unwanted touching

Wake up, they signed NDAs, were told what colour knickers to wear. I couldn't give a monkeys if they were students models or lawyers neither

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I love how you’ve done your best to make a very valid point and then backed it up by the most sexist of statements. You may as well have written “but these poor, helpless little women can’t defend themselves against all the touching and need a big strong man to help them”.

Surely you're not questioning the fact that generally a solitary male would be better equipped to fend off the unwanted physical advances of a group of predatory females than a solitary female would against a group of men. This was the point I was making so how on earth could that be construed as a sexist statement? Men are generally physically stronger than women. That is an accepted fact, not a sexist slur on the physical frailties of women. And I certainly would not have written, as you suggest, “but these poor, helpless little women can’t defend themselves against all the touching and need a big strong man to help them” but I would say that "a big strong man" should never be inappropriately touching any women without their consent in the first place.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I'm really interested that a journalist no longer needs to justify or substantiate a written piece. Can you imagine what they can get away with, whether its truth, fact or apochryphal. Yet you deem it OK to judge everyone at the event as a lecherous old ball sack is contradictory in itself. Were you there? I'm outraged by your language!! Actually i'm not because I live in the real world and accept much of what goes on, but I do detect you have an issue with class and those who have been successful.Has this slanted your view?

Dear Lord! Where to begin. No, I have no problems with class. I've done very well for myself thank you, yet I've never seen my wealth as a ticket to grab young women's arses and fannys.
Why does she have to substantiate a piece that describes what she saw anymore than David Walliams has to substantiate that he saw nothing. You don't understand the law on this so please don't fart about trying to tell me you do, you don't. I do. End of.

I didn't brand everyone there a lecherous old ball sack. Please substantiate that claim.

I know how the world works yet despite all of this I don't feel it a okay to sexually molest people. You do. I think our conversation has come to a natural end.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Groped and sexually harassed are pretty vague terms, so far I've heard one anonymous claim about a hand up a woman's skirt, if true, that woman should report it to the police, but other than that one account of the behavior of one man, the rest does sound limited to hands on hips and lower backs, or having a woman sit on a lap. I'm not saying it's perfectly wholesome behavior, I'm saying people seem to have lost all sense of proportion.

There's only you and dingodan who keep repeating it was only holding hands and hands on the back.
He is even trying to say the women called that sexual harassment.

When you say that men were hand holding and putting there hands on women's lower backs - and other forms of sexual harassment, then you are saying that those things are sexual harassment.

That was what the journalist said in her interview.

This is the interview, watch it to the end.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-42799595/undercover-reporter-hostesses-groped-at-men-only-event

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Have you listened to it......She is a woman talking common sense !!

Yes, but she wasn't waitressing or hostessing. She would have gone on the stage, did her Marilyn Monroe impression and then left, Completely different job.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And that's what you took away from her interview is it?

You have no interest in the truth only in winning an argument, truth be damned.

The truth is that the Presidents Club has disbanded very rapidly, the PM is trying to stop gagging orders on the papers, so there are men who are running scared. But that's ok according to you, because one dancer on a stage said it was ok. So did David Walliams, who was also on the stage.
The journalist said the waitresses/hostesses were there for over six hours. The acts on the stage would've left after their acts, so wouldn't have been witnesses to later incidents.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Wooahhhh this is really scary how many people on this thread are trying to justify sexual harassment

Its pretty straightforward isn't it, its OK to touch up someone who wants to be touched up; its not OK to touch up someone who doesn't want to be touched up.

Aren't these the morals that we all adhere to?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Wooahhhh this is really scary how many people on this thread are trying to justify sexual harassment

Its pretty straightforward isn't it, its OK to touch up someone who wants to be touched up; its not OK to touch up someone who doesn't want to be touched up.

Aren't these the morals that we all adhere to?

It's so disheartening, isn't it. It's ok for women and men to be sexual objects.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
The truth is that the Presidents Club has disbanded very rapidly, the PM is trying to stop gagging orders on the papers, so there are men who are running scared. But that's ok according to you, because one dancer on a stage said it was ok. So did David Walliams, who was also on the stage.
The journalist said the waitresses/hostesses were there for over six hours. The acts on the stage would've left after their acts, so wouldn't have been witnesses to later incidents.

She's a dancer on a stage now? Why not just call her a hooker. Women who don't agree with you don't count I guess, you've ignored all the points that she made, and she clearly described working alongside other women and men at these events and speaking with them and witnessing what goes on.

What are they running scared from? Your noble ideas of swift and righteous justice?

Pitchforks more like.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Some charming attitudes on here, par for the course these days though. Imagine if this event had been an association of Muslim businessmen doing the leching, bet this thread would have taken a different tack then!

There are people on here who are far more upset about this event than the countless cases of muslim grooming gangs judging by their comments.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
She's a dancer on a stage now? Why not just call her a hooker. Women who don't agree with you don't count I guess, you've ignored all the points that she made, and she clearly described working alongside other women and men at these events and speaking with them and witnessing what goes on.

What are they running scared from? Your noble ideas of swift and righteous justice?

Pitchforks more like.

She performed as Marily Monroe. Performance usually denotes an act. She did not say she was a waitress or hostess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here