Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "You're black and you stink" Rodriquez comment to Bong? - FA say not proven

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
When your arguing with someone and they are up in your face and you or the other person hold your nose as to say you have bad breath, i've seen that so many times in sport and real life with people on the football pitch. I really doubt there was anything racial said at all.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
I honestly cannot believe all that is going on concerning this on Twitter.

If anyone thinks that it is easy to make such allegations just needs to read about the abuse the young Liverpool lad is getting. Apparently even death threats for speaking out about being racially bullied and abused.

It is no wonder lots of this goes unreported. Gaetan Bong is to be admired for driving this as do the Club for the support of him in the matter. No white person on this forum and that includes myself can truly imagine what a black person has to endure. They get told to toughen up and accept it - Well as far as I am concerned. Good for Gaetan Bong and good for Brighton Football Club for saying ''No they don't'' - We are gonna make a stand on it.

You never see Bong argue with opposition players or referees on the pitch. The man claims he was racially abused, and we need to start believing people when this happens otherwise we go back 30 years and people just stop reporting it when it happens.

Tere still has to be an investigation to prove it but we DO have to believe it and take the allegations seriously.
Well said - Thank you.

Sent from my Zxt 203 Dci

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Seen the clip about eight times now thanks to South Today. If his action was not meant as racist then what was he doing? Will need some creative explanation that’s for sure.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I honestly cannot believe all that is going on concerning this on Twitter.

If anyone thinks that it is easy to make such allegations just needs to read about the abuse the young Liverpool lad is getting. Apparently even death threats for speaking out about being racially bullied and abused.

It is no wonder lots of this goes unreported. Gaetan Bong is to be admired for driving this as do the Club for the support of him in the matter. No white person on this forum and that includes myself can truly imagine what a black person has to endure. They get told to toughen up and accept it - Well as far as I am concerned. Good for Gaetan Bong and good for Brighton Football Club for saying ''No they don't'' - We are gonna make a stand on it.

You never see Bong argue with opposition players or referees on the pitch. The man claims he was racially abused, and we need to start believing people when this happens otherwise we go back 30 years and people just stop reporting it when it happens.

Tere still has to be an investigation to prove it but we DO have to believe it and take the allegations seriously.

Stories like bobby fishers are shocking , its amazing how clearly be remembers it , maybe because it.was so awful , i .ean , knives being passed.through the crowd , black power salutes , just.read the link here http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/sp..._Bobby_Fisher_reflects_on_racism_in_football/

Only problem is , the player he names , laurie cunningham, never ever played at the den against millwall, attitudes like yours "no white.person blah , blah " encourage this shit.

richzl

Jan 18, 2011
I 100% believe that Bong thinks he has been racially abused, but I don't think it's because Rodriguez meant to be racist (IF we are believing what Rodriguez said he said ... if he is lying then ignore the rest)

I think Rodriguez was simply being a childish ****, BUT I have read that being told that you smell or whatever is a very common racist slur used against Africans in predominantly white countries. I think bong had interpreted it as such and fully believes it was racially motivated, even if the intention wasn't at all racist. It's a hard one to sort out really as I doubt Bong will back down and I doubt Rodriguez will admit that it was racist.

What I will say though is that situations like this really show up racist dick heads for what they are on football forums & twitter etc.

Most sensible comment by far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
if true sounds a rather juvenille statement, but there again he's a professional footballer and they're not noted for their intellect. The wording is also very basic, i'm not convinced, could have been made by someone with not a great command of English. I want GB to right in this because tody this is now a very serious accusation that can impct on peoples careers and mental health. I wasn't there so have no idea what was or wasn't said.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Stories like bobby fishers are shocking , its amazing how clearly be remembers it , maybe because it.was so awful , i .ean , knives being passed.through the crowd , black power salutes , just.read the link here http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/sp..._Bobby_Fisher_reflects_on_racism_in_football/

Only problem is , the player he names , laurie cunningham, never ever played at the den against millwall, attitudes like yours "no white.person blah , blah " encourage this shit.

You what?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

How do you know that ? Laurie Cunningham was a Leyton Orient player at the time referred to in 1974.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

According to this he did:

http://www.leytonorientblog.com/2013/03/he-was-like-no-player-weve-ever-had.html

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
what are you asking ?

Try reading your post, it makes no ****ing sense. Its written, like. , this, and, then, i don't know,. what does it actually, mean.?
I think what you're basically saying is that an article in the East London and West Essex Guardian from 2014 proves Bong is making this up. Right? That's what you're saying pretty much?
Bong is our player, if he thinks he has been racially abused he needs our full support.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Why does it disappoint you that people are defending Rodriguez ? Do you not believe the concept of innocent until proven guilty ? Are people supposed to automatically assume guilt in race cases ? And why does rodriguez need to have a "bloody good explanation" , i think bong needs to have "bloody good proof" rather than the way you seem to see it.

To be fair, reading that back I'm probably as guitly of taking sides as those people on Twitter are.

What I think I mean is that IF Bong got this wrong (either misheard or made it up) he's a total and utter idiot. It would be so idiotic that I think it's the least likely scenario on the table. If he hadn't gone on social media and TV maintaining his point I might have questioned it a little more. But it would just be so weird if this wasn't what Bong says it is. Wouldn't it?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
yes , its.bobby fisher who is quoted !!

Yes, and stats index says that at a time he was an Orient regular they played at The Den.

Do you think he might just have been in the side that day.... ?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Try reading your post, it makes no ****ing sense. Its written, like. , this, and, then, i don't know,. what does it actually, mean.?
I think what you're basically saying is that an article in the East London and West Essex Guardian from 2014 proves Bong is making this up. Right? That's what you're saying pretty much?
Bong is our player, if he thinks he has been racially abused he needs our full support.

by the same token , if one of "our" players is accused of racially abusing zomeone theyd also.get your full support ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here