Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan Calleri

gullside

Aug 7, 2012
That guy [MENTION=13455]Hector[/MENTION]aHeredi on Twitter posted this at 3am today. English leader arrives tomorrow to see Jocalleri Brighton and Lodeiro . Brian__Owen @ Boca julianbla.Harán offer both.

gullside

Aug 7, 2012
That guy [MENTION=13455]Hector[/MENTION]aHeredi on Twitter posted this at 3am today. English leader arrives tomorrow to see Jocalleri Brighton and Lodeiro . Brian__Owen @ Boca julianbla.Harán offer both.
Would be absolute quality if our club could get these deals over the line for January.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
@(null): Tomorrow becomes English leader of the Brighton to see @Jocalleri and Lodeiro. [MENTION=13191]Brian[/MENTION]__Owen [MENTION=16554]julia[/MENTION]nbla. They will offer to mouth by both.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I can't help but think of Cristian Baz & Agustín Battipiedi when considering the claiming of an Argie pair. This Boca couple would surely have the opposite effect on the club though. Could this actually happen? Something is not quite right here as another Argentinean duo's rotten & unfathomable (Tevez & Mascherano to West Ham) transfer to an English club haunts my perplexed mind. This simply is too good to be true?

Edit: Lodeiro is a Uruguayan which makes my previous analogies look a little weak.

Last edited:

Dec 29, 2011
I can't help but think of Cristian Baz & Agustín Battipiedi when considering the claiming of an Argie pair. This Boca couple would surely have the opposite effect on the club though. Could this actually happen? Something is not quite right here as another Argentinean duo's rotten & unfathomable (Tevez & Mascherano to West Ham) transfer to an English club haunts my perplexed mind. This simply is too good to be true?

Third party ownership, is it legal in the UK? Certainly happens in Argentina, take from that what you will.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
This has Vicente overtones. Although I am sure neither player is in his class, before he signed it was unthinkable. These signings would firmly push us towards the premier league and help cement our position in it. I am starting to become very excited!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Third party ownership, is it legal in the UK? Certainly happens in Argentina, take from that what you will.

I'm pretty sure the 3rd party ownership loophole was closed in the UK or even found to be illegal in the first place (hence West Ham's battle with Sheffield Utd). In the case of our pursuit of these two sexy South American footballers, I would expect to see contractual clauses that state they'd be playing Premier League football next season if we signed them (and salary increases plus a Boca bonus to match). The idea would be that we'd be obliged to accept any Premier League offer (in a reasonable price bracket) that came in for the two if we end up being a championship team next season. I can't see this being a 'normal transfer' if we get Calleri because of Arsenal and Inter interest.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Hector said the other day that the leader was going there to watch the next two games - the first one is not 'til Sunday :shrug:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Boca is Spanish for mouth.

They will make offers to Boca for both players.

Thank goodness for that. I thought we were offering more than just a few quid there....

basque seagull

Oct 21, 2012

He uses the term dirigente in Spanish, probably meaning manager or boss...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here