Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool fans protest

Feb 14, 2010
Even protests are more sanitised these days. Who was at say the Darlington home game for the break into the ground, the Hereford fireworks and walk out and the protests after? Or the york City game? What is was to be young. Still, as they are Liverpool then no doubt the press will call it a glorious revolution.

Last edited:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Well I fully support those who walked out yesterday and there are signs that it's had an immediate impact by the way it's been picked up by the media and people like Alan Shearer on MOTD who are supporting the growing campaign for a price freeze or lower ticket prices, which is long overdue. This is not going to go away.
It was noticeable yesterday that at many grounds, even at Mancheter City's top of the table clash with Leicester, there were hundreds of empty seats. That doesn't look good for the "best league in the world". Television needs full stadiums otherwise there's no atmosphere and no spectacle.. Something has to be done especially as the PL clubs are now awash with more cash than ever before and if that means fans walking out then so be it.

Totally agree with these sentiments. Wasn't it said recently that Prem clubs could run without charging entrance fees? Well, certainly some can, so why do they insist on fleecing the working class supporter, year in and year out? These are the ones that will turn up from the day they're born until the day they die, regardless of form. And clubs are forcing them out, it's truly sad. £77 for 90 minutes of possible entertainment is just taking the p'ss out of the common man. I to fully back their protest.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
But Liverpool have reduced or frozen the prices of 64% of season tickets for next year ! Seems odd that this hasn't been recognised by the fans instead they choose to protest about a minority of tickets that have had an increase.

A guy on the radio said his season ticket was going down by £3 for the season, but price increases are much larger, at the same time their capacity will be increased and they have the big increase in tv revenue next season.

They could have easily frozen prices for all.

As Wenger said, the extra money will be going to players and increased transfer fees, not reducing the cost to fans like it should be.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Well I fully support those who walked out yesterday and there are signs that it's had an immediate impact by the way it's been picked up by the media and people like Alan Shearer on MOTD who are supporting the growing campaign for a price freeze or lower ticket prices, which is long overdue. This is not going to go away.
It was noticeable yesterday that at many grounds, even at Mancheter City's top of the table clash with Leicester, there were hundreds of empty seats. That doesn't look good for the "best league in the world". Television needs full stadiums otherwise there's no atmosphere and no spectacle.. Something has to be done especially as the PL clubs are now awash with more cash than ever before and if that means fans walking out then so be it.

Do you know the pricing structure at Liverpool next season or just the headline figure of £77?

Prices in the Kop last year were £735. Next season it is split into 3 areas with prices of £732, £730 and £725. Junior tickets remain the same across all sections at £180, as per last season. I think seats in Anfield Rd end are lower than last year as well.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/season-ticket-prices-2016-17

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/season-ticket-renewals-2015-16

As for Alan Shearer, I suspect he knows nothing about the pricing structure other than what he has heard, ie £77.

Think this is a complete non story.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
A play on words here :

Do you mean a) Less than 20% of the crowd left the ground, or b) Less than 20% of the crowd left IN the ground?

Life can be so confusing sometimes. I think I'll have a little lie down. :mad:

Less than 20% of the crowd decided to actually support the protest and leave the ground

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Do you know the pricing structure at Liverpool next season or just the headline figure of £77?

Prices in the Kop last year were £735. Next season it is split into 3 areas with prices of £732, £730 and £725. Junior tickets remain the same across all sections at £180, as per last season. I think seats in Anfield Rd end are lower than last year as well.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/season-ticket-prices-2016-17

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/season-ticket-renewals-2015-16

As for Alan Shearer, I suspect he knows nothing about the pricing structure other than what he has heard, ie £77.

Think this is a complete non story.

The exact point I was trying to make by starting this thread !

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If it's exposure they're after then they've certainly succeeded, and 4 pages on a Brighton chat room is testament to this.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
No, he was spot on.

Liverpool fans whinging huh? Who would of thought it?

Yeah...worrying about their club charging rediculous prices .feck em. They are all plastic fans anyway...what have Liverpool ever done..no history...no cups ...no nothing..they are only a small club anyway.

Feb 14, 2010
Yeah...worrying about their club charging rediculous prices .feck em. They are all plastic fans anyway...what have Liverpool ever done..no history...no cups ...no nothing..they are only a small club anyway.

The thing that grates about Liverpool with many fans is 1. They bang on about history but fail to understand that winning things doesnt make history, history makes history. Like for example, our own Sussex regiment drilling on the Goldstone 2. They have an equally non local support as Man United 3. Heysel and the resulting ban from the European Cup 4. That they bought their titles by buying players like Mark Lawrenson from clubs like Brighton but when other clubs do it, then its not right and 5. That somehow they are more important than us. As for demonstrations well its just typical of the press, look what Brighton had to do to get on TV (York City) but a few scousers or tourists from Norway walk out and there we go its all over the news.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The thing that grates about Liverpool with many fans is 1. They bang on about history but fail to understand that winning things doesnt make history, history makes history. Like for example, our own Sussex regiment drilling on the Goldstone 2. They have an equally non local support as Man United 3. Heysel and the resulting ban from the European Cup 4. That they bought their titles by buying players like Mark Lawrenson from clubs like Brighton but when other clubs do it, then its not right and 5. That somehow they are more important than us. As for demonstrations well its just typical of the press, look what righton had to do to get on TV (York City) but a few scousers or tourists from Norway walk out and there we go its all over the news.

I'll copy this reply and send it to our office in Liverpool tomorrow. They can laugh their tits off at this. so, of the 50k ish fans in the ground of course none of the. Live in Liverpool, they all live in Norway.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Genius

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here