Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
You do realise that the United States is a collection of former nation states combined into a federation?

they were not sovereign states at inception, and their union started from a base of common law, literally and conceptually. comparing and contrasting the formation of USA and EU shows us the pitfulls of political union, and recall they eventually went to war over desire to reinterpret some of their constitution.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
'Hope everybody is practising "F*** off Belgium,we all voted Leave" for tomorrow!'

@TwoProfessors

In order that we don't mistakenly take you for an obnoxious xenophobe, please tell us that you were joking.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Glorious weather in Blighty and still the remaniac gang spend hour after hour, day after day blathering away on here talking nonsense. Oh well if you won't go out in the sunshine I'll bring a bit of it to you ...

Skin-Patch-Warns-When-to-Get-Out-of-the-Sun.jpg

:cool:

In other news ..

Times CEO Summit: City ‘is ready for a hard Brexit but Europe is not’, says FCA chief ....

Jamie Dimon, chief executive of JP Morgan, has cut his estimate of jobs that will be moved to Europe from 4,000 to 400. The head of UK operations at another major investment bank at The Times CEO Summit said that only 200 jobs had been moved as a result of Brexit.

“What never gets mentioned is that we relocated 5,000 people out of the UK over the previous five years for reasons that had nothing to do with Brexit,” he said.

.. now it's back to the terrace for another jug of Pimms .. celebrating Germany crashing out of the WC :O :cheers:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Bestiality doesn't interest me, but each to their own and I shouldn't be surprised though - I always had you down as an avid 'Horse and Hound' reader.

The Country Squire magazine Pasta happily quoted from goes a lot further than huntin' and shootin'.

A recent piece in the mag described Ireland as a “land of puppy farms, dingy bars, drug mule celebs, verbal diarrhoea and squeaky fiddles”, where burglars apparently return home from their careers in Britain to build eyesore palaces in "rathole towns". This sort of thing seems much more synchronised with the Brexit spirit of international stereotyping and may or may not say something about those who quote approvingly from it.

It's probably more wholesome than the Express though, and in fairness to Pasta he might not be in favour of tearing small animals apart at all. Probably best not to get him started on the Irish though.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The Country Squire magazine Pasta happily quoted from goes a lot further than huntin' and shootin'.

A recent piece in the mag described Ireland as a “land of puppy farms, dingy bars, drug mule celebs, verbal diarrhoea and squeaky fiddles”, where burglars apparently return home from their careers in Britain to build eyesore palaces in "rathole towns". This sort of thing seems much more synchronised with the Brexit spirit of international stereotyping and may or may not say something about those who quote approvingly from it.

It's probably more wholesome than the Express though, and in fairness to Pasta he might not be in favour of tearing small animals apart at all. Probably best not to get him started on the Irish though.

Sounds like the Daily Mail on steriods, wonder if our Viscount friend who was jailed reads it?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
'Hope everybody is practising "F*** off Belgium,we all voted Leave" for tomorrow!'

@TwoProfessors

In order that we don't mistakenly take you for an obnoxious xenophobe, please tell us that you were joking.

I have lived in Belgium among other countries,and have told many a Belgoon to f<ck off.Who are you to query me you humourless drone?The Clamp,Watford Gap,or one of the other schizophrenic clowns who forgot to take their medication?Obnoxious xenophobe?I voted Leave,not remain!!Crawl back under your rock.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
But would people in Galveston be happy some of their laws were made in Brussels not Washington. Would the people of Salt Lake be happy the Supreme Court in their country can be trumped on domestic issues by another supreme court in a different country, would they be happy if the freedom of movement they enjoy internally was extended internationally……...would they hell.
The UK is a political union too, it doesn’t relate that this automatically means you would want to be in a much larger transnational political union by default.
This is why its you looking at it the wrong way……..not everyone thinks like you.

It's clear you've misunderstood, so let me rephrase this.

Salt Lake City is London.
Washington is Brussels.
Crossing from Ohio to Indiana is akin to crossing from Belgium to Germany.

The difference is primarily time.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
I have lived in Belgium among other countries,and have told many a Belgoon to f<ck off.Who are you to query me you humourless drone?The Clamp,Watford Gap,or one of the other schizophrenic clowns who forgot to take their medication?Obnoxious xenophobe?I voted Leave,not remain!!Crawl back under your rock.

I'm sure the Belgians appreciated your cultural input.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It's clear you've misunderstood, so let me rephrase this.

Salt Lake City is London.
Washington is Brussels.
Crossing from Ohio to Indiana is akin to crossing from Belgium to Germany.

The difference is primarily time.

:mad: Is this some sort of cryptic quiz? ill play with the clues so far but its still not making any collective sense

your original

Except you're looking at it the wrong way. The USA is like the EU. People in Galveston are happy their laws are made in Washington, not Austin. They're more than happy in Salt Lake City that the Supreme Court in Washington trumps them (pardon the pun). The USA IS a political union, a massive one far larger than the EU would ever hope to be. And they all have freedom of movement within it.

with your clues

Except you're looking at it the wrong way. The USA is like the EU. People in Galveston are happy their laws are made in Brussels, not Austin. They're more than happy in London that the Supreme Court in Brussels trumps them (pardon the pun). The USA IS a political union, a massive one far larger than the EU would ever hope to be. And they all have freedom of movement within it.

How does Ohio and Indiana fit in?Is the 5 hr time diff a clue? Do you have to re-arrange the letters? And why are the people in Galveston getting laws from Brussels?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Here is a real insight into the motor industry,not the maunderings of some car salesman with a german car fetish:

real news.png

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Well, well, well, not all so shiny and bright in EU lands it seems :

"The fragility of the EU is increasing," warns EU Commission chief Jean-Claude Juncker. "The cracks are growing in size."

And even the organisation run by one of the remainers favourite experts, Mark Carney, suggests the EU is dragging it's feet :

"The Bank of England says the UK has made positive 'progress' on handling financial services risks around the UK's departure from the European Union.

But it also says there has been a lack of similar action from the EU"

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Well, well, well, not all so shiny and bright in EU lands it seems :

"The fragility of the EU is increasing," warns EU Commission chief Jean-Claude Juncker. "The cracks are growing in size."

And even the organisation run by one of the remainers favourite experts, Mark Carney, suggests the EU is dragging it's feet :

"The Bank of England says the UK has made positive 'progress' on handling financial services risks around the UK's departure from the European Union.

But it also says there has been a lack of similar action from the EU"

EU economic ministers are too busy crapping their pants over Deutsche Bank to worry over impact of Brexit.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
http://www.irishnews.com/news/brexi...-brexit-referendum-1366947/?param=ds441rif44T

THE Electoral Commission has "more than enough" to obtain court orders to compel answers from the DUP and Vote Leave campaign about possible links and allegations 'dark money' was channelled through them to influence the Brexit poll, it was claimed last night.

Claimed by Electoral law expert Gavin Millar QC ...... not the Electoral Commission as the headline above implies. And even if the claim is true, I've not seen one single person or body quantify how many votes this money 'influenced/brought'.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Claimed by Electoral law expert Gavin Millar QC ...... not the Electoral Commission as the headline above implies. And even if the claim is true, I've not seen one single person or body quantify how many votes this money 'influenced/brought'.

Lots of investigations going on. I doubt any of it will stick, as the establishment look after their own.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here