Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sorry if this has been asked before.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
That is correct, British laws only apply in Britain, and other countries have there own... Will tomorrow's thread be about what different types of money other countries use? Or maybe why they don't all speak the same language as us? :dunce:

Blimey it must be so difficult being you with your quick wit and bantz.

When I spoke to one of teh staff at the albion who had a senior position at the time, I was led to believe it was a EUFA directive that no alcohol was served and it was Europe wide.

But please do come back with something really pithy and so hilarious...you know you want to.

el punal

I understood it was illegal to drink in view of the pitch!

All of the games so far has shown fans drinking in the crowd. Holding pint/ litre glasses

So is this just the uk where we can't drink? But other countries fans can drink in the stands!

Correct (I think!). When I did a tour of the Amex a while back, I was told that the blinds had to be pulled down on all the executive box windows when the game kicked off. Presumably so that anyone having a good old guzzle could not be seen from the pitch. This was a throwback regulation from the late 1980s after the tragedies of Heysel and Hillsborough.

The other thing that gets my goat when drinking in a pub - why are we the only country that has to measure how much wine goes into your glass? Just pour the f***ing stuff until reaches the top of the glass! :rant:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Every World Cup I've been to its 0% / very low alcohol at £5+ a go. I don't expect Russia to be any different

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
That is correct, British laws only apply in Britain, and other countries have there own... Will tomorrow's thread be about what different types of money other countries use? Or maybe why they don't all speak the same language as us? :dunce:
But they DO all speak the same language as us. It’s just you have to SHOUT at them.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Why would anybody want the law changed to allow beer in the stands. I can't bear the thought of being soaked every time we score and those who sit at matches will be up and down like a yoyo every time another person in your row wants a top up or needs the toilet.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Why would anybody want the law changed to allow beer in the stands. I can't bear the thought of being soaked every time we score and those who sit at matches will be up and down like a yoyo every time another person in your row wants a top up or needs the toilet.
I'd be very happy not to have to down my beer at world record pace after finally being served at half time.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Or even worse, covered in beer only to discover that VAR has ruled out the goal

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here