Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League club has striking off order from Registrar of Companies. Who could it be?

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
I honestly thought that this was going to be redundant after the striking off notice was cancelled, but no. The hilarity continues. So:

Crystal Palace will cease to exist in :

52d 2h 14m 25s

I reckon the ****tards are waiting for a juicy World Cup expose story to hit the tabloids before submitting the figures they have calculated on a fag packet, and try and bury such information so that the football finance gurus will miss them.

Is the term cockwombles too strong a term for their innate ability mess up financially - again.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Had Paul Samrah and Paul Welch taken your view in 1995 our club simply wouldn't exist.

Brighton fans are having fun with this because it's Palace. We all know it's probably nothing, but it's another chance to giggle at the chaotic way your club stumbles along. For us, it's a laugh, but you should be taking it seriously.

You are right in saying that the fans are the only constant. This is why someone amongst your fans should be asking questions of the people currently trusted with it's future, instead of being on here, complacently arguing that nothing is wrong simply to try to stop Brighton fans scoring points.

As you say, it's your club. They are the custodians. They should be answerable to you. Ask the questions and demand proper answers.

This is all as maybe, but it’s the cricket season and I am looking forward to watching my county Sussex playing at Arundel next week for 4 days of lovely cricket in a beautiful setting. Football stuff can wait to August.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
This is all as maybe, but it’s the cricket season and I am looking forward to watching my county Sussex playing at Arundel next week for 4 days of lovely cricket in a beautiful setting. Football stuff can wait to August.

What the heck!?:ffsparr:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
All this talk of signing Clinical Ali (cc [MENTION=7271]Postman Pat[/MENTION]) had me wondering how our northern neighbours are doing this transfer window.

Their BBC homepage is great, in order:-

- Fixtures
- January signing complete.
- Bouncer (not the dog) assault.
- This story, from 01.06.
- 2 bits of guff.
- Carlisle's Clint Hill retiring. :shrug:

I'm going to tell my boss I'm moving away from GMT in favour of GcpMT, but I will be in work imminently.

That way I can have the next 2 weeks off.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Corrected for you.

And while we are at it, what's happening to our outer shitty rivals and their financial tribulations?

Not a lot!

CPFC 2010 LIMITED
SELHURST PARK STADIUM
HOLMESDALE ROAD
LONDON
GREATER LONDON
SE25 6PU
Company No. 07206409

Accounting Reference Date: 30/06
Last Accounts Made Up To: 30/06/2016 (GROUP)
Next Accounts Due: 31/03/2018 OVERDUE

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm not angry, you just have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Why would HMRC be "all over it" when the accounts aren't overdue with them (yet)? And why would HMRC give a toss if you've breached FFP when it's got nothing to do with them? Nobody sensible is predicting some sort of financial calamity for Palace, it's just very interesting / amusing that the directors have taken this decision and the massive question is "why?".

If nobody else cares then why are there articles about the situation on the BBC, in The Guardian, on Talksport etc? Of course we are more interested in it than most other fans because you are our rivals and because we love to laugh at the never ending cavalcade of shambolic, shithouse behaviour which makes your cesspit of a club a massive laughing stock. But the idea that nobody other than Brighton fans will be scrutinising the accounts (if they are ever submitted) is just plain stupid.

There are articles about the finances of PL clubs in most major papers now and numerous really good blogs and online articles on the subject. I guess you've never read any of them because, as a Palace fan, you have neither a basic grasp of football finance or the willingness to learn. After all, at your club none of that stuff matters does it.

Just another deluded Palace goon.

Why do you think they're late filing their accounts, your hunch?

Mine is simply that their draft accounts, produced in good time, showed they'd breached FFP. So the directors are proposing adjustments through questionable new accounting policies, whilst negotiating with their independent auditors on the effect of those ideas on the accounts.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Mine is simply that their draft accounts, produced in good time, showed they'd breached FFP. So the directors are proposing adjustments through questionable new accounting policies, whilst negotiating with their independent auditors on the effect of those ideas on the accounts.

CP2010 cheating? What an absurd suggestion!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Yep. That's the most logical explanation.

An FFP breach on wages and some chicanery to try to avoid it which the auditors aren't happy with.

Said earlier in the thread that that was my best guess and I've not thought of a better one.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Perhaps Palace want to hide their finances from potential signings and will file the accounts on August 10th ? ???

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Yep. That's the most logical explanation.

An FFP breach on wages and some chicanery to try to avoid it which the auditors aren't happy with.

Said earlier in the thread that that was my best guess and I've not thought of a better one.
I would be really surprised if they had an FFP issue as they look like they have plenty of headroom. My guess is that it is connected with the change of company structure and the refinancing as the holding company 2016 accounts are also late.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Benteke. Lofhouse. Cheeky.

Ha ha.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I think they're still writing the chairman's intro. They probably had various drafts but have had to keep amending it by replacing stuff like:

We knew it was going to be a great season after attracting the high calibre manager that is Frank de Boer.

We expected at least 14 points from our opening 7 games to set us up for European qualification.

Little did we know just how prolific Benteke was going to be this year.

We were confident of disproving the gossip that we were a one man team.

An FA Cup semi final was always a realistic expectation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here