Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League club has striking off order from Registrar of Companies. Who could it be?

Acker79

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think the Premier League HAVE seen the accounts, no?

Wasn't the Palace apologists' feeble 'explanation' for the late filing with Companies House, that the accounts were 'still with the PL'?

Be a bit pointless the PL seeing the accounts before they'd been signed off by the auditors as they wouldn't mean anything as far as FFP etc was concerned.

And if they had been signed off by the auditors then why not just submit them to Companies House as that has nothing to do with the PL.

Oh yeah, it was all complete bullshit from Palace as per.

I would have thought you'd finalise the accounts, sign them off, file them and then give them to the Premier League?

Makes you wonder if there are any checks in place to make sure the accounts submitted to the Premier League are the same ones submitted to Companies House (as much as is necessary - I mean, I understand some stuff can be written off for FFP purposes so it feels like there might be some differences, but the underlying info should match up, shouldn't it?) We wouldn't want someone to get away with sending in accounts that show a profit/a small enough loss to meet FFP to the premier league, while their official Companies House accounts show an FFP-breaking loss, would we?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Makes you wonder if there are any checks in place to make sure the accounts submitted to the Premier League are the same ones submitted to Companies House (as much as is necessary - I mean, I understand some stuff can be written off for FFP purposes so it feels like there might be some differences, but the underlying info should match up, shouldn't it?) We wouldn't want someone to get away with sending in accounts that show a profit/a small enough loss to meet FFP to the premier league, while their official Companies House accounts show an FFP-breaking loss, would we?
That wouldn't be possible as the accounts filed with CH are available for anyone to see.

Once they're actually filed that is......

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Without question, when the accounts are finally published, they will be the most scrutinised in football. So if the intention was to hide something, then the chances are now far higher that it will be uncovered, whatever you think it is.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
Without question, when the accounts are finally published, they will be the most scrutinised in football. So if the intention was to hide something, then the chances are now far higher that it will be uncovered, whatever you think it is.

Just **** OFF

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well the most scrutinized by Brighton fans I doubt the rest of the football world gives a stuff TBH !

I think you may be wrong there, Premier League club being run like a cowboy outfit will raise eyebrows from most clubs I imagine

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Indeed he does.

You can **** off though. What an idiotic comment.

Why the anger ?? I really have not seen or heard any other fan or fans forum even mention it...if I am wrong please show me where any other teams fans give two monkeys. I mean with all the financial shenanigans going on at the two Manchester clubs, Chelsea and West Ham to name a few, it really is not that important, if it was the HMRC would be all over it as well as companies house the Premier league...I am not saying its good BTW I am just saying its not really that important to the football world.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
, it really is not that important, if it was the HMRC would be all over it as well as companies house the Premier league...I am not saying its good BTW I am just saying its not really that important to the football world.

I'd imagine that HMRC are 'all over it', and that is why the striking off order was lifted!

As to nobody being interested - daft comment. In this day and age of multiple sites / podcasts / blogs / experts, dedicated to the business and financial side of the game, you honesty think that a STRIKING OFF ORDER against a Premier League club went unnoticed?

:jester:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Why the anger ?? I really have not seen or heard any other fan or fans forum even mention it...if I am wrong please show me where any other teams fans give two monkeys. I mean with all the financial shenanigans going on at the two Manchester clubs, Chelsea and West Ham to name a few, it really is not that important, if it was the HMRC would be all over it as well as companies house the Premier league...I am not saying its good BTW I am just saying its not really that important to the football world.

I'm not angry, you just have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Why would HMRC be "all over it" when the accounts aren't overdue with them (yet)? And why would HMRC give a toss if you've breached FFP when it's got nothing to do with them? Nobody sensible is predicting some sort of financial calamity for Palace, it's just very interesting / amusing that the directors have taken this decision and the massive question is "why?".

If nobody else cares then why are there articles about the situation on the BBC, in The Guardian, on Talksport etc? Of course we are more interested in it than most other fans because you are our rivals and because we love to laugh at the never ending cavalcade of shambolic, shithouse behaviour which makes your cesspit of a club a massive laughing stock. But the idea that nobody other than Brighton fans will be scrutinising the accounts (if they are ever submitted) is just plain stupid.

There are articles about the finances of PL clubs in most major papers now and numerous really good blogs and online articles on the subject. I guess you've never read any of them because, as a Palace fan, you have neither a basic grasp of football finance or the willingness to learn. After all, at your club none of that stuff matters does it.

Just another deluded Palace goon.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I predict they will be filed at either 19.00 18.06.18, 13.00 24.06.18 or (most likely) 19.00 28.06.18

Well you'll be wrong, because only a week and a half ago they said the accounts will be filed "imminently". :jester:

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I'm not angry, you just have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Why would HMRC be "all over it" when the accounts aren't overdue with them (yet)? And why would HMRC give a toss if you've breached FFP when it's got nothing to do with them? Nobody sensible is predicting some sort of financial calamity for Palace, it's just very interesting / amusing that the directors have taken this decision and the massive question is "why?".

If nobody else cares then why are there articles about the situation on the BBC, in The Guardian, on Talksport etc? Of course we are more interested in it than most other fans because you are our rivals and because we love to laugh at the never ending cavalcade of shambolic, shithouse behaviour which makes your cesspit of a club a massive laughing stock. But the idea that nobody other than Brighton fans will be scrutinising the accounts (if they are ever submitted) is just plain stupid.

There are articles about the finances of PL clubs in most major papers now and numerous really good blogs and online articles on the subject. I guess you've never read any of them because, as a Palace fan, you have neither a basic grasp of football finance or the willingness to learn. After all, at your club none of that stuff matters does it.

Just another deluded Palace goon.

Not deluded..as you say I am a Fan therefore all this sort of stuff has nothing to do with me and I can do nothing about it ! Fans are the only constant in a football club, directors, Managers, players come and go, I cant do nothing about that either !
It comes to things when rival fans start trying to score points on when the companies house get the accounts , Christ on a bike ! I can imagine the boot boys back in the 70s shaking their heads in disbelief seeing what rivalry has come to...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not deluded..as you say I am a Fan therefore all this sort of stuff has nothing to do with me and I can do nothing about it ! Fans are the only constant in a football club, directors, Managers, players come and go, I cant do nothing about that either !
It comes to things when rival fans start trying to score points on when the companies house get the accounts , Christ on a bike ! I can imagine the boot boys back in the 70s shaking their heads in disbelief seeing what rivalry has come to...

If the boot was on the other foot you’d think very differently, and yes we are loving the fact that your club is a laughing stock again.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Not sure why you've quoted my post as you haven't replied to anything in it. Anyway, you get on with not caring about how your club is run. It's worked for you lot for decades so why change.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I am a Fan therefore all this sort of stuff has nothing to do with me and I can do nothing about it !

Had Paul Samrah and Paul Welch taken your view in 1995 our club simply wouldn't exist.

Brighton fans are having fun with this because it's Palace. We all know it's probably nothing, but it's another chance to giggle at the chaotic way your club stumbles along. For us, it's a laugh, but you should be taking it seriously.

You are right in saying that the fans are the only constant. This is why someone amongst your fans should be asking questions of the people currently trusted with it's future, instead of being on here, complacently arguing that nothing is wrong simply to try to stop Brighton fans scoring points.

As you say, it's your club. They are the custodians. They should be answerable to you. Ask the questions and demand proper answers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here