Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bong being abused all game.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It's probably now time to just point and laugh at the Burnley trolls on here. Their ignorance is unbounded. They don't understand; they are never going to understand. It just seems so totally pointless wasting time to try to get them to understand.

For the rest of us, we know and understand that racism and homophobia are totally unacceptable; in sport and in life. Burnley seems to be the final bastion of ignorance that the rest of the world has left behind.

At least we now have an insight into why the BNP were well supported in Burnley a few years ago and why at the time Burnley was dubbed the racist capital of Britain.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It couldn't be cleared in that sense. These FA tribunals don't have a "not guilty" verdict - they have "Proven" or "Not Proven". Which means that no-one who ever comes up before one of these enquries is ever cleared - the mud always sticks.

Agreed. So his name is not cleared. We'll never know whether JR said it or not - which is EXACTLY WHY the booing is so stupid!

Last edited:

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
It couldn't be cleared in that sense. These FA tribunals don't have a "not guilty" verdict - they have "Proven" or "Not Proven". Which means that no-one who ever comes up before one of these enquries is ever cleared - the mud always sticks.

They could have said in their report that JR did not say the words he was alleged to have said (which would have effectively cleared him), but they didn't:

"After much deliberation we were left in the position where the case distilled to the evidence of each player. We could not say that any of the other evidence or competing arguments lead us to prefer one over the other."

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
There is a lot of comment on this thread about fans and perceived racism.

I suspect JR has a lot of support in the footballer community. I still find it odd at the West Ham home game in February shortly after our match at West Brom, that in the first minute of the match Sam Byram (ex Leeds) kicked Gaeton Bong up in the air, turned his back and walked away without showing any concern that Gaeton landed on his neck. No remorse or concern was shown by Byram as the game was held up for nearly five minutes. Was there any "previous" causing the "let's say" over the top hard tackle that could easily have caused a serious injury?

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
It's probably now time to just point and laugh at the Burnley trolls on here. Their ignorance is unbounded. They don't understand; they are never going to understand. It just seems so totally pointless wasting time to try to get them to understand.

For the rest of us, we know and understand that racism and homophobia are totally unacceptable; in sport and in life. Burnley seems to be the final bastion of ignorance that the rest of the world has left behind.

Dunno about that ..... Barnsley comes to mind

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Don't know if it has already been posted but a Burnley fan has been banned for 3 years for alleged "racism". It is believed to relate to an incident in the Burnley v Brighton game on April 28 (probably about Bong).

There is a story on the BFC official site posted also on "Up The Clarets". Sorry, I'm computer illiterate and don't know how to embed links.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Don't know if it has already been posted but a Burnley fan has been banned for 3 years for alleged "racism". It is believed to relate to am incident in the Burnley v Brighton game on April 30 (probably about Bong).

There is a story on the BFC official site posted also on "Up The Clarets". Sorry, I'm computer illiterate and don't know how to embed links.

But I thought every single Burnley fan in the ground that was booing bong, booed bong because he said something on French TV on a tv show that they all watched, in a language they all understood ???

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Don't know if it has already been posted but a Burnley fan has been banned for 3 years for alleged "racism". It is believed to relate to an incident in the Burnley v Brighton game on April 28 (probably about Bong).

No indication at the moment at what game it was or if anyone is begin charged.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
What do you mean by charged ? Club have already banned someone so in the legal sense ?
The article on the BFC site states "... a supporter was banned from attending matches at Turf Moor, or any other ground, for three years after racially abusing a visiting player. The supporter faced court action after information was reported to club safety staff by another fan and passed onto police."

That sounds a lot like a football banning order rather than a club ban due to the "or any other ground", and the supporter seems to have faced court action. In which case I would expect this to appear in a local paper shortly with more details.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It's a ''Token Gesture''

One fan ? Is that it ?

I wasn't at the game and don't know how bad it got but one fan doesn't generate his vocals around the whole Ground. I suppose it's a start at sending out a particular message regarding racism within football but it seems they have no interest in whole scale bans as a deterrent but merely finding a ''scapegoat''. So for me it doesn't go far enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here