Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League club has striking off order from Registrar of Companies. Who could it be?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Eaglejez fella knows about accounts and stuff so would trust him to be roughly right, but when he talks about Brighton's accounts he tends to stick to worst case scenario. Hes always talking about some financial thing to do with the stadium that we can't get away from, can anyone explain what it is?

Probably the interest free unsecured loans from Tony Bloom that paid for it to be built.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Brace yourselves, Palace fans incoming....

They would be if even one of them could quote a reply with a valid explanation.

Sadly 'El Pres has got it in for us' & 'why should I care', really don't hold up when palace eventually turn this around.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Probably the interest free unsecured loans from Tony Bloom that paid for it to be built.

I don't think so. It seems to be something to do with the actual running costs of the stadium that Will always be there and eventually bring us to our knees.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Yes, quite right.

If those figures are correct, it is the staff costs amount that may be an issue. Wouldn't stop them being published though.

If those figures were correct then they would have absolutely blown it on FFP. A 30% increase in wages.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
With a Palace fan last night who was insisting that the accounts for HMRC doesn't even need to include a break down of wages, and that any FFP issues wouldn't affect the accounts that go to HMRC.

Is there any real story in all of this or not?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
With a Palace fan last night who was insisting that the accounts for HMRC doesn't even need to include a break down of wages, and that any FFP issues wouldn't affect the accounts that go to HMRC.

Is there any real story in all of this or not?

Well firstly that's bollocks but secondly it's not HMRC who are requesting the accounts, it's Companies House. Although if they don't submit them to HMRC by the end of the month then they will be overdue with them as well.

I guess what he might be thinking of is that small companies only have to submit a balance sheet (plus notes) to Companies House but this does not apply to Premier League football clubs with £100m+ turnover. They have to submit full accounts.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Well firstly that's bollocks but secondly it's not HMRC who are requesting the accounts, it's Companies House. Although if they don't submit them to HMRC by the end of the month then they will be overdue with them as well.

I guess what he might be thinking of is that small companies only have to submit a balance sheet (plus notes) to Companies House but this does not apply to Premier League football clubs with £100m+ turnover. They have to submit full accounts.

Yeah, I think he may have got confused by the difference between a “small company” for accounting purposes, and a “small club, such as Crystal Palace”.

[MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] will know.

theboybilly

Well it was fun while it lasted and whatever Palace fans say about not being bothered there must've been something nagging away at the back of their minds that there could be a chance of this blowing up in their faces. Regardless there is something wrong at that club.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Well it was fun while it lasted and whatever Palace fans say about not being bothered there must've been something nagging away at the back of their minds that there could be a chance of this blowing up in their faces. Regardless there is something wrong at that club.

Er. They still haven't submitted the accounts........

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
So why would the strike off order be discontinued?

I don't know. Perhaps a creditor has opposed the strike off. Can't tell as the document isn't available yet.....

Palace.png

But you can also see from this that no accounts have been submitted.

And here.....

Palace 2.png

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

Why are you so bothered ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here