Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England v Nigeria Friendly Wembley 17.15 Kick Off

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I'm not colour blind but having difficulty with looking at the shirts. I know the shorts are a good contrast but the light green of the Nigerian shirts isn't enough of a contrast for me.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
To be honest, don't have a problem with that. Some great players of the 70s played like that (not saying Grealish is in their company of course).

But shin pads weren't compulsory then a la Dave Thomas.

burnley-wolves-70-maybe-thomas-parkin.jpg

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Can you imagine the uproar if England fans booed a Nigerian player for not opting to play for England??

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Hoddle is really pissing me off he talks shite

Last edited:

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Missed the first 20/25 mins but since I started watching I thought our man was doing OK - good block (and bloke).

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
So far England look poor and Nigeria look even worst our new guy appears to like a stroll around plus a big hoof upfield all this won't wash in the premier league and he was walking towards Kane just as he scored when he should have been throwing himself towards Kane but on the bright side he's big brave and quick when he wants to be one for the future but on this brief showing not replacement for BFG or Goldson

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
So far England look poor and Nigeria look even worst our new guy appears to like a stroll around plus a big hoof upfield all this won't wash in the premier league and he was walking towards Kane just as he scored when he should have been throwing himself towards Kane but on the bright side he's big brave and quick when he wants to be one for the future but on this brief showing not replacement for BFG or Goldson

The bloke's probably playing with a broken cheekbone!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

No one is going to throw themselves around in a pre WC friendly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017

I dont think anything much can be assumed from a friendly. Most of all nobody wants to get injured. Personally I think our new guy has great potential and will take time to get up to speed. Certainly a rough diamond with a great attitude. Hes done far more right than wrong so far

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here