Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leeds United

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
So this will be their 10th managerial appointment since 2014, and in that time only Gary Monk has lasted a season. They must have spent more on paying off managers than they have on bringing in players.
Not that I doubted it but I went to Wikipedia to review the list of managers and was distracted by the list of "honours" - 20 of the 33 listed are as runners-up!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Oh please let this be Pardew!

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I thought their new owner was going to bring sanity. Wrong.

In a highly competitive division with a raft of clubs with huge parachute income and/or owners pumping in £10m's, Leeds too need to invest in quality players to give them a good chance of top 6.

No manager will get them up without winners in the squad.

theboybilly

will he not simply wait for his yearly 6 months work stopping a Premier League side being relegated and then get a Huge pay out. Actually how Leeds hire and fire managers he could probably do both this coming season

That hadn't occurred to me, but I think Leeds United are just about still big enough to tempt Big Sam to get a project of his own going without doing another short-term rescue job - extremely lucrative as they seem to be. He can still live in the North too.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Are you talking about the 1988-89 season?

We had lost the first six league games when we beat them 2-1 on October 1st.

I think Billy Bremner was managing them. Another great player who was crap at managing. Look out Stevie Gerrard and possibly Frank Lampard. Two big challenges ahead.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Bloody hope they don’t get Bielsa. Think that maybe it’s a bit late for him.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The only downside to moving to Leeds is this joke of a club and their fans. Fortunately there are some good non league sides.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think Billy Bremner was managing them. Another great player who was crap at managing. Look out Stevie Gerrard and possibly Frank Lampard. Two big challenges ahead.

You can add Bobby Charlton to the list

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
They've seen the mess at Villa and are having a stab at getting their "biggest joke club in English football" title back.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
I saw this posted in the comments section of the BBC article on Heckingbottom's sacking the other day:

"By 2020 experts say that you will never be more than four feet from an ex leeds united manager."

:lolol:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I got a load of abuse from Leeds fans on Twitter last night as I questioned why their fans were booing Man Utd players as they're surely not rivals anymore and they'd be better off booing John Stones as he's ex Barnsley.

Anyway, some of their responses were hilarious. Some of the gems:

We will go bust. Apparently OUR owners (Tony Bloom!), sees us as a 'short term play thing like many other teams with a small club mentality';
'We'd 'do anything to be Leeds';
Our fans are deluded and we're 'entirely reliant on a sugar daddy' and they look forward to us crying when we go bust;
We're in £170m of debt;
Our rivalry with Palace is the worst in the country and totally irrelevant;
And we're 'a tiny, plastic, irrelevant little club'.

The delusion is real people!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here