Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aleksandar Mitrovic

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Would love him at the Albion.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that he would be an upgrade on Baldock and Vydra who has been mentioned as a signing but not sure how much Newcastle will want for him. especially from us who will be challenging them for the same positions.

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
Looks to have his confidence back I’d like us to put a bid in for him
Indeed. He would be absolutely perfect for us on tonight's showing. A great replacement for Murray as well, when that day finally comes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
He is thriving at Fulham because as a boy, Mitrovic worshipped our coach who was playing for Serbia. They speak the same language and he is rated by all. His displinary record has been ok since arriving. If we don't go up, Jokanovic leaves us for a Premer side, I can see him taking Mitro with him. which pretty much rules Brighton out.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
don't think looks a prem player from the 2 play off games even though played pretty well.

Was for him , now wouldn't like it .

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Who do you think will give Jokanovic a job in The Premier not a top club and most of those that kept their team up will keep the manager.? The only team I can think of is West Ham if Moyes goes but even they will look for better than a manager who failed to get promoted.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
the more I look at him the less I would like him for some reason. No doubt hes a decent player who works hard, just hoping for a bit better all round.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He is thriving at Fulham because as a boy, Mitrovic worshipped our coach who was playing for Serbia. They speak the same language and he is rated by all. His displinary record has been ok since arriving. If we don't go up, Jokanovic leaves us for a Premer side, I can see him taking Mitro with him. which pretty much rules Brighton out.

Well this will be his second full season of trying to get Fulham promoted to the Premier League, if he doesn't manage to do it this time what makes you thing that a current Premier League side will snap him up? Maybe someone will take a chance on him, but it's by no means a foregone conclusion.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
the more I look at him the less I would like him for some reason. No doubt hes a decent player who works hard, just hoping for a bit better all round.

I do rate him actually, but his disciplinary record will always be a worry. All pretty pointless anyway as we won't be signing him. I'm 99.9% recurring sure, that any new marquee signing(s) will come from overseas clubs.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Ah well, c'est la vie. I'd have been pretty excited if we'd signed him, a proven goal-scoring striker. We've got Andone instead; of course, he's an unknown quantity to most of us (and I wish the bloody auto-correct would stop putting a space in between the 'd' and the 'o'!) so we still have to trust in the recruitment team that he's good - and TBF they've got a pretty good record. Hopefully once he starts banging in the goals I'll stop having these occasional thoughts along the line of 'I wish we'd singed so-and-so'...............

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ah well, c'est la vie. I'd have been pretty excited if we'd signed him, a proven goal-scoring striker. We've got Andone instead; of course, he's an unknown quantity to most of us (and I wish the bloody auto-correct would stop putting a space in between the 'd' and the 'o'!) so we still have to trust in the recruitment team that he's good - and TBF they've got a pretty good record. Hopefully once he starts banging in the goals I'll stop having these occasional thoughts along the line of 'I wish we'd singed so-and-so'...............

As Andone wasn't even 2 gross while Mitrovic is over 7 gross', not to mention wages, I'd be very surprised if there was the same 5 gross difference between the two, at the end of the season.

WhingForPresident

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

Mitrovic has 10 in 40 PL games (0.25 gpg) and 16 in 45 Championship games (0.35), skewed by a good couple of months at Fulham last season.

Andone has 24 in 86 La Liga games (0.27 gpg) :shrug:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here