Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Easter Bunny CD 2015

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes it was me. I'm pleased that it took a couple of wrong guesses to get me this time- I tried to make it less obviously me. Although I've still apparently produced a "relentless onslaught of indiedom" so sorry about that...

The Knickers track is indeed new and can be found here: https://freakscene1.bandcamp.com/album/candy-ep-scene-011

Nice Legs are South Korean....

Well you got past me anyway - it sounded a bit GENTLE for you - perhaps that is his review rather than the actual tunes.

#offtolisten

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm inclined to think that the Elefant track was there to make YOU a prime suspect....

Why, the sneaky...

Speaking of Elefant records, this was the high point of my weekend:

image.jpg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Lia obviously sees this as a stepping stone to becoming the darling of the Indietracks thread. I have quite a few Elefant releases to catch up on. May try to listen this evening and report my findings on that thread - if it's not too dusty in there....

Excellent. About time it was resurrected. The Lia thing came after Liz Hunt had retweeted or favourited a tweet about her being in Brighton at an Elefant stall on Saturday, that a mate mentioned me in. :down:

This discussion is in the wrong thread though...

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Excellent. About time it was resurrected. The Lia thing came after Liz Hunt had retweeted or favourited a tweet about her being in Brighton at an Elefant stall on Saturday, that a mate mentioned me in. :down:

This discussion is in the wrong thread though...

Wouldn't be the first time we've hijacked this thread with whimsical indie talk - we need to be more disciplined. When's my CD going to be reviewed?

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Yes it was me. I'm pleased that it took a couple of wrong guesses to get me this time- I tried to make it less obviously me. Although I've still apparently produced a "relentless onslaught of indiedom" so sorry about that...

The Knickers track is indeed new and can be found here: https://freakscene1.bandcamp.com/album/candy-ep-scene-011

Nice Legs are South Korean....

I think Nice Legs are from Chicago but are based in Seoul, they certainly don't look very Korean
[yt]D1LD_yETxt4[/yt]

Anyway, many thanks for the CD I did enjoy listening through it and like similar types of radio shows picked up a few things along the way. The relentless onslaught of indiedom is more of a comment on tracks 10-15 where the Dogs Legs and Nice Legs tracks had enough about them to stand out, but 13-15 seemed to just merge into one, possibly due to 13 and 14 being so short, something musically different inserted before these tracks may have focussed me more on them. I suppose its just the way I like my compilations, three tracks then completely change direction. Then again I do have problems with a lot of indie stuff released these days in that you can really pinpoint their influences to the extent that it sounds little different from the originals. There is nothing wrong with being influenced but you really do need to stamp your own identity something that Knickers do quite well, however, both Whatever Forever and Westkust can easily be inserted back to the 1990s and few would notice the difference. These types of songs I would have liked at the time but I kind of don't now, my tastes have moved on.

Yeah, should have put some Perfect Pussy on....

That would have increased the number of bands I know by one! Incidentally, the only track I had heard before was Goblin

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
More updates

Received, reviewed, guessed correctly
Theatre of Trees (Staly)

Received, reviewed, not yet guessed or acknowledged
[MENTION=2040]Staly[/MENTION]
[MENTION=13836]deletebeepbeepbeep[/MENTION]

Received but yet to review
[MENTION=17286]Gordon Bennett[/MENTION]
[MENTION=26695]Mowgli37[/MENTION]
[MENTION=14921]spring hall convert[/MENTION]
[MENTION=21578]Worthingite[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2351]m20gull[/MENTION]
[MENTION=15464]DavePage[/MENTION]

Status unknown - yet to receive
[MENTION=12196]tinycowboy[/MENTION] - I have been informed that this has been posted
[MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] - I have been informed that this has been posted
[MENTION=19671]CorgiRegisteredFriend[/MENTION]
[MENTION=13947]happypig[/MENTION]
[MENTION=19864]Flex Your Head[/MENTION] - I have been informed that this has been posted
[MENTION=1131]Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo[/MENTION]
[MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION]
[MENTION=468]somerset[/MENTION]

If you've posted or received either mention on this thread or drop me a PM.

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
I think Nice Legs are from Chicago but are based in Seoul, they certainly don't look very Korean
[yt]D1LD_yETxt4[/yt]

Anyway, many thanks for the CD I did enjoy listening through it and like similar types of radio shows picked up a few things along the way. The relentless onslaught of indiedom is more of a comment on tracks 10-15 where the Dogs Legs and Nice Legs tracks had enough about them to stand out, but 13-15 seemed to just merge into one, possibly due to 13 and 14 being so short, something musically different inserted before these tracks may have focussed me more on them. I suppose its just the way I like my compilations, three tracks then completely change direction. Then again I do have problems with a lot of indie stuff released these days in that you can really pinpoint their influences to the extent that it sounds little different from the originals. There is nothing wrong with being influenced but you really do need to stamp your own identity something that Knickers do quite well, however, both Whatever Forever and Westkust can easily be inserted back to the 1990s and few would notice the difference. These types of songs I would have liked at the time but I kind of don't now, my tastes have moved on.

Fair enough. People pay too much heed to originality I think. I don't really care if music could have been made 30 years ago- it's either good or not. I think as people get older they tend to blame the music for the fact that they're getting more jaded :D

Flex Your Head

Fair enough. People pay too much heed to originality I think. I don't really care if music could have been made 30 years ago- it's either good or not. I think as people get older they tend to blame the music for the fact that they're getting more jaded :D

This is very true and I agree almost completely (with the minor exception of Martha, but that's my problem and I am dealing with it as best I can). It has to be done well though, in the way that The Fireworks absolutely nail that C86 Shop Assistants-y sound, and Armitage Shanks do their '77 thang.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury

This is very true and I agree almost completely (with the minor exception of Martha, but that's my problem and I am dealing with it as best I can). It has to be done well though, in the way that The Fireworks absolutely nail that C86 Shop Assistants-y sound, and Armitage Shanks do their '77 thang.

My wife gets a bit annoyed with C86 soundalikes - TBH, she got a bit impatient with your 4xCD collection, but, since I was driving, I got to choose the music and it stayed on. Apart from the song about "She broke his...in two" - someone had to think of the children.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My wife gets a bit annoyed with C86 soundalikes - TBH, she got a bit impatient with your 4xCD collection, but, since I was driving, I got to choose the music and it stayed on. Apart from the song about "She broke his...in two" - someone had to think of the children.

Ha. We had to skip that one too...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here