Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pritchard

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I have said on other threads, I would still bite your hand off for him. I think we saw tonight why CH wanted him in the first place. Just think how he could be with Dale Stephens distributing the ball to him. A pur runner. Links defence to attack.

That was a performance which said ''sorry I made a mistake. I thought they had better prospects of making PL than you''

That's an easy mistake to make. Many Brighton fans thought the same at the start of the season.

Will CH be so forgiving ? Who knows, I doubt it. I would be because he is that link through the middle that is missing. There will be others just as good and under CH he could be even better.

For me he is superb. I always said he was but I know yer man and he will take more convincing than me but I would be in there with a bid. And even if it is not as much as Norwich would want then a his attitude, for sure he could force Norwich to do it on the cheap. Clubs can't keep players who want to move on. Not with about 3 years still left to run on a contract. They can't afford to.

It's a YES from me.

Resounding NO from me. Poor man's Teixeira, similarly blows hot and cold as evidenced this season. With Stephens on the pitch he would have had a performance similar to that at the Amex. Signing him would also be a dangerous first step towards negatively affecting the group ethos we have, he turned us down for money, now we are ok with him joining us .. for money? It will also reflect even more poorly on his part, especially as he's been getting the dogs abuse from us.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Stephens should always be the first name on the team sheet.
If CH was serious about winning tonight he would have started.
Maybe CH is still even now trying to gauge how we would do if he left, or it could have been a message to TB as to how much we need him.
Knocky's song spells out that it is not yet a done deal.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
We don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but if CH thinks he is good enough then that's good enough for me.
Though he may have had the same thoughts about Chubby Checker.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I thought that he played well tonight because neither Sidwell or Norwood were able to get into him We looked a different team when Stephens came on and had he started Pritchard wouldnt have got the room that he did get.

Spot on, wrong team selection by CH for a team and player we knew would be up for it. That's cost us the 100+ points let's hope it costs nothing else.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Maybe CH is still even now trying to gauge how we would do if he left, or it could have been a message to TB as to how much we need him.

poor choice by the manager.....we should have wanted to win that and clinch the title...

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I wasn't there. Was he smiling and applauding in a "huh, you wankers, look who's laughing now" kind of way? Or in a "well done, you. Smashing fans, we've all made some mistakes, so now lets let bygones be bygones, eh?" kind of way?

I watched this moment on TV and have to say there didn't appear to be any snide in his demeanour when applauding our fans, I liked him and imho as they say could do a job, don't underestimate the role his shitty little agent played in said saga btw!!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Spot on, wrong team selection by CH for a team and player we knew would be up for it. That's cost us the 100+ points let's hope it costs nothing else.

Oh come on, Hughton has chopped and changed all season, Sidwell has been fantastic this season but a weak tackle cost us the first goal, and the ref bottling a pen decision cost us an equaliser. This season has been founded on rotating the squad and keeping everyone involved. 2 freak goals cost us, not the team selection. That was always going to bea tough fixture after Mondays euphoria.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
He's a little Anthony Worral Thompson

antony_worrall_thompson_1x1.jpg :laugh:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I watched this moment on TV and have to say there didn't appear to be any snide in his demeanour when applauding our fans, I liked him and imho as they say could do a job, don't underestimate the role his shitty little agent played in said saga btw!!

Kind of agree with you....theres something about him i'm not enamoured with....but he's a good footballer (we did try to sign him after all) and he seemed to take the chanting during that interview in good heart and when 'we' continued to chant after his wave ..there was almost a touch of resignation from him...also agree re agent..badly advised i would say, but thats his problem

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's not the latter.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

I thought exactly the same. We need to win for the title and Stephens is on the bench and Norwood starts. I kept trying to figure Hughtons logic as it made no sense to drop by far the best CM when needing a win.

Unless of course he is seeing how we may cope without Stephens (i really hope not) or potentially, if he is running the rule one more time over Norwood before making decision to keep or bin him?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Oh come on, Hughton has chopped and changed all season, Sidwell has been fantastic this season but a weak tackle cost us the first goal, and the ref bottling a pen decision cost us an equaliser. This season has been founded on rotating the squad and keeping everyone involved. 2 freak goals cost us, not the team selection. That was always going to bea tough fixture after Mondays euphoria.

it was a tough fixture and at the end of it the game was a lot closer than 2-0 suggests , in fact we probably edged it. Had we had a stronger midfield 2 then we would have won. no problem with Sidwell. Ollie Norwood had a good game but not a battler and if he plays we needed to play one less winger. Also why change a winning team, sure after we had teh championship but not before.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
it was a tough fixture and at the end of it the game was a lot closer than 2-0 suggests , in fact we probably edged it. Had we had a stronger midfield 2 then we would have won. no problem with Sidwell. Ollie Norwood had a good game but not a battler and if he plays we needed to play one less winger. Also why change a winning team, sure after we had teh championship but not before.

People seem to want to blame it on omitting Stephens, when actually it was March and Knockeart who really failed to perform on the night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here