Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale may stay....

Let's Have A Winner!

Apr 23, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm sure it's already been mentioned elsewhere but I only skim threads...absolutely loved his crunching sliding tackle in the second half the other night when Birmingham were threatening to break away. He may stroll around a bit at times but certainly didn't look too shabby there!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The countryside near both Burnley and Middlesbrough is lovely. You don't think our players actually live in Brighton, do you? I can only think of two.

It's all down to money.

The North East struggles to attract top European players especially - hence they're all up and down despite fantastic support. Brighton next to Gatwick, hour from London, properties in the Surrey Hills and around Sussex, it's a big attraction over walks in the freezing rain no matter how beautiful the countryside.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
The countryside near both Burnley and Middlesbrough is lovely. You don't think our players actually live in Brighton, do you? I can only think of two.

It's all down to money.
They're not 60+, downsizing, and retiring up north to the countryside!

I think the pull of a lively city like Brighton (on the outskirts, of course), would appeal more to a young man, than 2 dumps like Burnley and Middlesbrough.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
The North East struggles to attract top European players especially - hence they're all up and down despite fantastic support. Brighton next to Gatwick, hour from London, properties in the Surrey Hills and around Sussex, it's a big attraction over walks in the freezing rain no matter how beautiful the countryside.
Couldn't agree more, that man!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If he moves, he will be getting a maHOOsive signing on fee. Probably depends whether we're prepared to lob him and his agent a big ol' bonus on top of his improved deal.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

It's all down to money.

I thought that there were more than two living in Brighton/Hove I thought about 6 or 7 but I dont know for sure and just going by comments on here of people seeing this player and that player in various places in the town.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Also, to be fair, what PL club, obviously a step up from ourelves, would be willing to give him regular football, and a bigger salary than we could offer in the PL?

Swansea, Burnley, West Ham, Palace, Hull, Bournemouth, (one of Weds/Reading/Hudd/Leeds). They've all lost a lot of games this season, some have conceded a lot of goals. Any of those midfields could do with strengthening for PL 2017/18, why not with DS?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Swansea, Burnley, West Ham, Palace, Hull, Bournemouth, (one of Weds/Reading/Hudd/Leeds). They've all lost a lot of games this season, some have conceded a lot of goals. Any of those midfields could do with strengthening for PL 2017/18, why not with DS?

Yes but, as I said, are they a step up from ourselves (enough to tempt him)? And would they give him a regular game? I can't see Swansea, Burnley, Hull, Bournmouth, Massive or Huddersfield tempting him (with more money and status than we can offer) and I can't, frankly, see him getting into the West Ham side.

So, yes, you're right. He's off to Leeds or Palace. ****ing marvellous :rant::facepalm::shootself:lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes but, as I said, are they a step up from ourselves (enough to tempt him)? And would they give him a regular game? I can't see Swansea, Burnley, Hull, Bournmouth, Massive or Huddersfield tempting him (with more money and status than we can offer) and I can't, frankly, see him getting into the West Ham side.

So, yes, you're right. He's off to Leeds or Palace. ****ing marvellous :rant::facepalm::shootself:lolol:

Burnley more than tempted DS.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Any idea of the sort of play CH is likely to be targeting when we're up?

No and neither does he probably. I am contemplating promotion before he will ever allow himself to.

That's not how it works anyhow.

Managers say ''I need a left sided midfielder with defensive qualities..................Recruitment team goes and finds them. Then manger has a look

Manager says ''I need a rhght rided centre half'' ..................recruitment team goes and finds him.......................Then Manager has a look

Manager says '' I need a left back''........................... [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] has a look and finds him.........................Then Manager says ''He retired 2 years ago, so not interested''

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I think that GB is the best that we have but feel that he could become a back up as I am a litte concerned as to whether he will be good enough for the premier.

I'm not convinced there's too much between the three of them, which is a good situation to be in (the club must have been following you in the middle of last season) but, again, I agree: both full-back positions might need to be strengthened if we're in the PL.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I personally feel that we need better in the Premier. Whenever we come up against a former premier league midfielder he is bossed by them. Not sure he is physically strong enough to compete in the Premier League.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
This. He took a risk, as did we. I still feel we may say thanks but we can do better now.

He's a cracking player at this level but entirely untested at PL level. I think he may become the equivalent of Dicker at Championship level - plenty of skill but just a couple of yards short of the required pace.

Time will tell but unlike last Summer it won't bother me as much because I know he'll only leave if we have someone better come in.

The whole "how good is Stephens?" question reminds me a bit of Murray to be honest. There were a lot of people who said Murray was lazy and wasn't worth the money when he was with us first time round. Obviously with hindsight after he'd left and when he started banging them in for Palace, everyone realised we missed him. Stephens does a lot of under rated work that sometimes goes unnoticed but you bloody miss when he's not there, similar to Murray during his first stint. The difference is when Murray left and we realised how much we missed him and we've all become a lot more appreciative of him. I think Stephens would be the same if he left, we'd realise the hole he'd leave and recognise the job he was doing for someone else.

That said I'm not sure Stephens would go. I can see reasons why he'd stay and reasons why he'd go, I guess there's only one person who knows what the situation will be.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here