Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our recruitment why leave our business so late?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I'm not really going out on a limb here because the striker shortage happens every transfer window, so I think we'll be panicking again this time next year, 2019, 2020, 2021...It's almost a non story at the Albion because of the same old same old regardless of who's manager or head of player recruitment.

You would have thought that lesson would have got through to club by now and as the need was greater in this window, should would have been top priority since May

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Oh great reply I nearly fell over laughing. So how does this prove the club have not left the the most important requirement to the last moment, which is the thread title.

It's not meant to prove anything. I feel fairly confident the club has been working hard to get someone in but bad luck and greedy agents haven't helped. We all want the same thing, so I can't imagine PB or TB saying we won't bother now we've got promoted.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not really going out on a limb here because the striker shortage happens every transfer window, so I think we'll be panicking again this time next year, 2019, 2020, 2021...It's almost a non story at the Albion because of the same old same old regardless of who's manager or head of player recruitment.

But but but we signed Ulloa Hemed and Murray so that proves you're wrong and the club is right. :facepalm:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009

This

I cannot remember a transfer window which hasn't ended with us openly looking for a new striker and a manager openly revealing he is happy with his current squad despite making the desired player

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So with NO new proven strikers you would still give us a chance of staying up? OK :shrug:

I am sure we'll get some strikers, whether they are of the required quality is the important point

A chance? Yes, of course. There's always a chance (until you're something like 10 points adrift with three to play); it may be an outside chance, but it's still a chance.

I'd still like us to get a top striker in, of course; that would greatly improve the chances.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You would have thought that lesson would have got through to club by now and as the need was greater in this window, should would have been top priority since May
Almost certainly was a top priority since May, and unless you have some inside information that the recruitment team decided not to try to address the need for a striker or two, your suggestion really has no credibility.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Almost certainly was a top priority since May, and unless you have some inside information that the recruitment team decided not to try to address the need for a striker or two, your suggestion really has no credibility.

Have you inside knowledge then it was almost a certainty that a striker was top priority, or your statement equally has no credibility.

None of us know exactly what was the recruitment plans and how well they performed against those targets. But one thing is for sure, we have only a couple of days to meet that target if it was the priority.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Have you inside knowledge then it was almost a certainty that a striker was top priority, or your statement equally has no credibility.

None of us know exactly what was the recruitment plans and how well they performed against those targets. But one thing is for sure, we have only a couple of days to meet that target if it was the priority.

Aren't you suggesting that you do know judging by your previous post

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don't need inside knowledge to express my opinion that it was almost certainly a priority.

So why did you state as a fact that the club should have learned its lesson by now, and it should have been a priority. You shouldn't state opinions/theories/hysterical guesses as facts.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I said in my previous post you think that lessons would have been learn't and would have thought it would be a priority, not that I knew it was.

"You would have thought that lesson would have got through to club by now" clearly and irrevocably shows that you're stating that it hasn't.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I don't need inside knowledge to express my opinion that it was almost certainly a priority.

So why did you state as a fact that the club should have learned its lesson by now, and it should have been a priority. You shouldn't state opinions/theories/hysterical guesses as facts.

Sorry mate I had enough of this crap I'm out of here . You have it your way.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
You would have thought there would be some value in the South American market for a hidden gem as a striker

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
One things for sure,we are in very big trouble,one fit striker until at least the middle of October,something has gone belly up and all the licking in the world won't fix that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
One things for sure,we are in very big trouble,one fit striker until at least the middle of October,something has gone belly up and all the licking in the world won't fix that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Indeed. We are in very, very big trouble with the strikers in the squad.

39 hours to fix it, and the clock keeps running down and down.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012

Murray injury "not expected to be long term"
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb..._good_news_as_they_await_Murray_scan_results/

6ed8d5264fd86ee80c675a46cf2bcfaa.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here