Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If it is, the democratic will of the British people must be respected etc though.

Media analysts made it plain throughout the election that Brexit was ignored in this campaign by the public, so this wasn't a poll on that issue. Besides both Labour and Tory confirmed that we will be leaving the EU.

It's just that a hung parliament with parties that can't stand each other, may well give a government of widely differing voices on the EU and therefore chaos in the negotiations.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Anyone who would set up a referendum without considering how they would follow up the result they were not expecting is a ****ing moron. Subsequently calling an election in the assumption that a few platitudes will secure them more heft and time to work out what they will do is an arrogant, incompetent ****ing moron.

That said, I agree entirely with you that this is going to be extremely messy but the blame lies at the door of the Tories trying to placate UKIP.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If only the Sunderland football team had put in this much urgency.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I'd hope a cross party discussion, and agreement, on what's wanted followed by handing over to a suitable minister to negotiate. Personally I don't feel it needs to be the PM or even an MP who does the actual negotiating

Pretty certain that Labour had a solicitor type chap lined up to do the negotiating, not an MP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
A hung parliament would be an absolute disaster and probably trigger another GE in 6 months. Hate the thought of Sturgeon and Farron as kingmakers.

I'm now in on the all-nighter, have pizza, coffee lined up.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
There's simply no way that hotch-potch of parties will be able to agree on anything of any significance. And, as the lefties have been very keen on repeatedly telling us, we've got next to no time remaining for these most complex of negotiations.

It will be management by committee of the worst kind, with the added complication of the SNP and the Lib Dems who don't want to play the same game as the others from the off.

Your utter disdain for 'lefties', such a tired and hackneyed expression, is a little dull, isn't i? It seems to be a bit of a catch-all soundbite for anyone whose politics are left of central for you. We are all basically Trots.

And you accuse those on the left of being comptemptuous of those who they don't agree with.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Anyone who would set up a referendum without considering how they would follow up the result they were not expecting is a ****ing moron. Subsequently calling an election in the assumption that a few platitudes will secure them more heft and time to work out what they will do is an arrogant, incompetent ****ing moron.

That said, I agree entirely with you that this is going to be extremely messy but the blame lies at the door of the Tories trying to placate UKIP.

Exactly this. It's all The Tories doing. Nobody to blame but themselves. Shambolic 12 months for this country because of them.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
2015 exit poll / actual

Tory - 316 / 331
Labour - 239 / 232
SNP - 58 / 56
Lib Dem - 10 / 8
UKIP - 2 / 1

If the Tories get the same uplift from the exit poll this time round, they'll scrape over the line.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Anyone who thinks a result that mirrors the exit poll is a positive for our position in Brexit negotiations really is very stupid indeed.

Without doubt when swimming through shit deciding whether to do butterfly or freestyle makes all the difference

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

This. Shows over, everyone get some sleep!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I see the Brighton count is at the amex. DB1BJOtWAAIaR1C.jpg

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
2015 exit poll / actual

Tory - 316 / 331
Labour - 239 / 232
SNP - 58 / 56
Lib Dem - 10 / 8
UKIP - 2 / 1

If the Tories get the same uplift from the exit poll this time round, they'll scrape over the line.

Which would be my bet. But I'm ok with that as May will go, it won't strengthen our hand with the EU and Corbyn won't be PM.
Oh and someone detestable might get unseated. Rudd, perhaps.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here