Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Birmingham City *** Official Match Thread ***

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Loan the most dangerous player to relegation rival. David Cotterill (Bristol City) has attempted the most crosses including corners in Championship this season, with 298.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Looking forward to this. Sitting in the posh seats tonight for probably my last home game of the season although I will be at Wolves and Villa. :thumbsup:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Home match against rubbish opposition, following on from another win, and with players coming back from injury. Should be a doddle.............

..........................................but we are Brighton!

Still hoping for a win though, and the chance to gasp a couple of breaths before holding my breath until the weekend again!

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Fever Pitch

34 years wait and not a game to hide under the sofa like an Arsenal supporting school teacher.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I was going to listen on the radio but thought **** it, I've booked the afternoon off and a hotel half way home so I'll be leaving shortly!!

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I remember the game in 1969, http://www.11v11.com/teams/brighton-and-hove-albion/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Birmingham City/

Or I remember the hype about playing the mighty Birmingham of the lower Second Division (nothing much has changed) 2-0 Att: 24,232.

So what did the rotten Birmingham do. They pinched our Manager!

300px-BirminghamCityFC_League_Performance.svg.png

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We played them recently and laboured to a 0-0 draw. However that was without Clark, Gayle, Shelvey and Yedlin. We still had 65% possession, took 17 shots, and were only denied by a top display from Kuszczak.

I'd expect an edgy start because of the pressure, but someone will grab the opener early in the second half and once that happens you'll grow in confidence and put at least 1 more past them soon after. It'll finish 2/3-0 I reckon.

Expect to have four players missing virtually all season in the Championship. The trick is to get the players fit for the final run. And not lose four players in a single game (play-offs last season).

Still it is bit of a blow for everyone if Bruno is not playing. I'd sooner he was fully fit for the TV match on Friday.

Not really felt much pressure. Just the danger of complacency.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
For those of you outside the BBCSussex area (but still in UK)

BBC 5live Sports Extra

Attachments

• 5livese.JPG
    5livese.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 544

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
703.png
669.png

Brighton v Birmingham

Sky Bet Championship

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Tuesday 4th April 2017
Kick-off: 19:45 BST
Referee: Darren Bond
Assistants: Dan Cook, Adam Crysell
Fourth official: Gavin Ward

Brighton striker Sam Baldock remains out after missing Saturday's win over struggling Blackburn Rovers.

Seagulls captain Bruno is available for second-placed Brighton following two games out with a groin problem.

Birmingham midfielder David Davis could miss the trip after sustaining a toe injury in Saturday's draw at Ipswich.

Defender Michael Morrison is out for Blues and boss Gianfranco Zola is considering resting veteran centre-back Paul Robinson.

MATCH FACTS

• [*=left]Brighton have won four successive league games [against] Birmingham, scoring two or more goals in each clash.
    [*=left]The Blues have lost their last three away league matches against Brighton; they last lost four in a row in 1988.
    [*=left]Brighton have recorded 12 clean sheets at home in the league this term; their highest tally in a season since 2003-04 (16).
    [*=left]Since Gianfranco Zola took charge of his first Birmingham game on 17 December, only Rotherham (15) have lost more Championship games than Blues (10).

A bit late on this are you not, foremost richard ?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here