Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Christmas Nocturnalism

Dr. No

Nov 28, 2016
If you are lucky enough to have an extended break over the Christmas/New Year period do you find you start drifting towards nocturnalism, in that you go to bed later and later, and then get up later and later?

No.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't think that counts, you just don't use yours.

Very true. Tbh I knew that it was there, but had kind of forgotten it was there (I'm aware that sounds stupid) until [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] posted the pic of his.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I am far to OCD to cope with that... and with my email accounts too!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 12-22-16 at 12.10 PM.JPG
    Screen Shot 12-22-16 at 12.10 PM.JPG
    17.8 KB · Views: 161

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Those classic films and recordings of stand-up shows that get used as late night fillers won't watch themselves.
Although even that isn't good as it used to be now they don't show as many Marx Brothers, WC Fields etc at night. Got into all the old comedies through them being showed at Christmas (and martial arts movies too iirc).

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
This is my first Christmas where I won't be working...Already accepted the fact I'll become nocturnal, staying up playing Battlefield. Very excited!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I think the longest Christmas break I've had in my working life is 4 days. So don't have that problem :(
I was in retail for many years and now , here in Malta, Dec 26th is not a public holiday!

(I have booked it as leave as most of my work is dependent on UK banks)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
No idea what day or date it is. Better wrap presents because any day now might be Xmas day and although it's been in calendar all year it will come as a COMPLETE AND UTTER SURPRISE! Why is that?! :)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Here.

OK, I'm on my 2nd Bacardi. I DO actually have to go in tomorrow, but not until 9, and I'll be off around half twelve. Everyone in the office is bringing some food in. MOST will just call in at Sainsburys along the way and buy some old shit like cookies, cheese straws, mini sausages, Pringles etc. Not me.

Tonight I have peeled and stripped some pork and apple sausages. I've cut some chives from my garden. I've got some sage and onion stuffing mix, and I've mixed it all up in a bowl with the sausage meat and freshly chopped parsley. I've boiled half a dozen eggs, peeled them, then rolled and compressed them into my sausage meat. Then I've basted them in egg yolk, rolled them in breadcrumbs, and deep-fried those muthas in sunflower oil for 12 minutes.

Ladies and gentlemen. What we are talking about here are the giantest, meatiest, most flavoursome scotch eggs you will ever encounter.

Damn I'm good.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Here.

OK, I'm on my 2nd Bacardi. I DO actually have to go in tomorrow, but not until 9, and I'll be off around half twelve. Everyone in the office is bringing some food in. MOST will just call in at Sainsburys along the way and buy some old shit like cookies, cheese straws, mini sausages, Pringles etc. Not me.

Tonight I have peeled and stripped some pork and apple sausages. I've cut some chives from my garden. I've got some sage and onion stuffing mix, and I've mixed it all up in a bowl with the sausage meat and freshly chopped parsley. I've boiled half a dozen eggs, peeled them, then rolled and compressed them into my sausage meat. Then I've basted them in egg yolk, rolled them in breadcrumbs, and deep-fried those muthas in sunflower oil for 12 minutes.

Ladies and gentlemen. What we are talking about here are the giantest, meatiest, most flavoursome scotch eggs you will ever encounter.

Damn I'm good.

That does sound amazing.

What did you prepare for the veggie weirdos?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That does sound amazing.

What did you prepare for the veggie weirdos?

Absolutely NOTHING.
There's only going to be about 7 of us in, and only 1 of them is a veggie. She'll go to town on the Pringles, cheese straws, quiche and Heroes I expect. There'll be enough general flotsum floating about for her to survive on.

I was actually asked to do my blue cheese cheese straws as well, but I'm bollocksed if I'm spending my entire evening in a bloody apron. I'm wading through House of Cards for christs sake.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Actually [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], you've just given me a sleepless night.

The last time I did my blue cheese extra cheesey cheese straws with sesame seeds (about 2 or 3 months ago), I did half of them with a Marmite drizzle, half of them without, but ALL of them infused with some chopped bacon. This, of course, precluded the office veggie from partaking. I honestly forgot all about her. And now I've done it again, at Christmas.

Sake.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Well several night shifts and late nights this month have already shaken up my sleep patterns.

Were humans designed to hibernate? I can got to bed at a reasonable time, but if I haven't got to get up, I can sleep in until midday at the moment.

Short days don't help either.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Actually [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], you've just given me a sleepless night.

The last time I did my blue cheese extra cheesey cheese straws with sesame seeds (about 2 or 3 months ago), I did half of them with a Marmite drizzle, half of them without, but ALL of them infused with some chopped bacon. This, of course, precluded the office veggie from partaking. I honestly forgot all about her. And now I've done it again, at Christmas.

Sake.

I like to think that somewhere out there on the internet there's a vegetarian fan's forum with a hugely popular office bellcheese thread, where the above tale has been told this morning.

At a previous employer, there was an annual drinks event for those who'd been promoted to a certain level, and those promoted would contribute some cash for the bar tab. A Muslim colleague announced he wanted to attend and contribute cash, but for religious reasons couldn't put his cash towards anything alcoholic. Not a problem declared the organiser, I'll put it towards some food as we'll probably need some of that as well. Imagine his dismay when he turns up to find a couple of plates of sausage rolls.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here