Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trainers now permitted in 1901 but not in DINNING areas

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Quite. IMHO, the club are jumping the gun with their poncey fine dinning rules and regulations. Fair enough when you're in the Premier League and genuine corporate ponces are falling over themselves to pay Premier League prices to wine and dinn their corporate clients. But up until that point, the club should should bend over backwards to cut a whole load of slack to the mainly local people who keep the 1901 club up and running and pay over-inflated prices for, by all accounts on here, a fairly shoddy product.

At this point I have to hold my hand up and say I am very happy with the deal I get in 1901 even if I think some of the "regulations" are a bit poncey

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Quite. IMHO, the club are jumping the gun with their poncey fine dinning rules and regulations. Fair enough when you're in the Premier League and genuine corporate ponces are falling over themselves to pay Premier League prices to wine and dinn their corporate clients. But up until that point, the club should should bend over backwards to cut a whole load of slack to the mainly local people who keep the 1901 club up and running and pay over-inflated prices for, by all accounts on here, a fairly shoddy product.

I suppose at least it's something. But it feels like getting 5% off at Sainsburys if you spend £40 or more. Just a chance to advertise their service.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
At this point I have to hold my hand up and say I am very happy with the deal I get in 1901 even if I think some of the "regulations" are a bit poncey

Fair enough mate. Guess you're not one of the serial complainers who would appear on the face of it to have a genuine grievance.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Is there a competition going on at the club this week to see who can put out the most cringey and ridiculous release to fans?

it's going to be a struggle to choose a winner, but a Friday poll should help decide.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I wear whatever I want in the ESU.. no one tells me I cant wear trainers/sandals/flip flops / high heeled boots.......
I can wear a replica shirt.
No way will I get told what to wear at a football match,....

In my opinion you can stick your 1901 up your arse ..........I go to football to enjoy it, wearing what I want not to be told by some clown I have to wear a collared shirt and no trainers ( I had enough of clothing rules in the SNCO mess in the RAF)

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Why they can't just say they've relaxed the rules without the bullshit about evolving trends in footwear I've no idea. Perhaps they've now completely lost the ability to communicate like normal human beings. Could care less mind you, I wouldn't be seen dead in trainers.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
First world problems ffs

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Dress code at football. Now there's an oxymoron!

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Is there a competition going on at the club this week to see who can put out the most cringey and ridiculous release to fans?

it's going to be a struggle to choose a winner, but a Friday poll should help decide.

Do it Bozza, fella me lad.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The amendment follows feedback from members and the evolving fashion in casual footwear during the first five-year term at the Amex. We have researched the requirements at other sporting venues across the country and have amended our dress code accordingly.

Quite possibly the most wanky statement I have ever read from BHAFC.

Jesus. Whats happened to us.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I thought Barber wanted to trim costs yet he wastes money on someone to not only type up ridiculous and unnecessary club communications but to "research the requirements of other sporting venues" when doing so. What a waste of money.

We lose our 1901 tea to fund nonsense like this.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Apparently reminder notices are going to be posted at the entrance of all 1901 restaurants prior to Saturday's match. The notices will depict a pair of black shiny shoes above the caption: 'Who Wears Dinns'.

I'll get me dress coat :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here